An exploration of Chord DAVE, MScaler, Qutest, and Holo May, HQPlayer
Jan 15, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #1,006 of 1,492
So, I tried to change out the fuse for a synergistic fuse and the fuse holder snapped. The part holding the fuse. I just tried to remove the red nano fuse and the plastic part just snapped right off. I contacted Tim at Kitsune about a replacement fuse holder... so we'll see. I did not use a lot of force and was deliberately gentle when I tried to take the original fuse out from the holder. Pretty bummed out. Guess I'll see what Tim can do.
This should be an easy fix. the only test is to their customer service. Let’s see how it goes.

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #1,008 of 1,492
Just so you guys can see what I'm talking about, here is a picture of the fuse holder:

Attachments

• IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 18, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #1,014 of 1,492
I wonder how much the red nano fuse in the kte models would change the sound of the level 2 Spring 3 and May. Kitsune no longer sells the red nano fuses anymore, with the only exception being if you are a KTE owner with proof of purchase. I think there might be something special going on with the red nano fuses. I'm excited to be able to go back and forth with the SR purple fuse and the red nano once I get the fuse holder from Tim.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #1,015 of 1,492
X-posting from the Spring thread, I'm getting one this week and I'm wondering if anyone has some good HQPlayer settings for PCM or DSD upscaling to share. Thanks

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #1,017 of 1,492
That's because he has to pay hundreds of dollars in non-refundable fees whenever someone cancels. Thanks for helping to drive up future costs of these dacs because you can't make up your mind.

The refund costs are already built into the current pricing based on the number of returns expected by them.

Jan 19, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #1,018 of 1,492
The refund costs are already built into the current pricing based on the number of returns expected by them.
Not according to Tim....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back