Amp Issue Involving -=Germania=-
Jul 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #182 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. It wasn't you.

Well I remember thinking something like that anyway at that time.
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #184 of 243
Hey guys,

I don't know too much about this issue- but I do know my sister. If she says it's been sent- it has been sent. In fact, the boxes that were ready to be sent out are no longer there *sent*. Stacy has been taking Finals, dealing with moving, setting up work, and dealing with not being paid by her employer for a month.

Biggie, sorry to hear it has taken such a long time to receive your amp. I assure you, however, that my sister does great work and is more knowledgeable than I in that aspect. I hope you like your amp.

One more thing, I do feel this thread has been blown wayy out of proportion. And in NO WAY is this defense for -=Germania=- because I too feel that the time it took from commission to being sent was far too long. This thread has almost as many replies (it seems) as Dr. Xin's disappearing money/amp thread- and in no way is this EVEN CLOSE to being as serious. (<-- I'm guessing I'll get some crap for that)

Again, sorry to hear about the wait, Biggie.

Regards to all,
Spencer D.

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #185 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Resonant_Rebel=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I don't know too much about this issue- but I do know my sister. If she says it's been sent- it has been sent. In fact, the boxes that were ready to be sent out are no longer there *sent*. Stacy has been taking Finals, dealing with moving, setting up work, and dealing with not being paid by her employer for a month.

I've tried to keep my mouth shut in all of this, but the above post is ridiculous. Those aren't valid excuses for what has happened. Stacy has managed to bump her for sale threads and visit Head-Fi quite often while ignoring Biggie all along. What does "taking finals, dealing with moving, setting up work, and dealing with not being paid by her employer for a month" have anything to do with communicating with a buyer? Maybe she should have planned ahead for this build and managed her time properly since the beginning of this rather than spending her time on a messaging board.

Quote:

Biggie, sorry to hear it has taken such a long time to receive your amp. I assure you, however, that my sister does great work and is more knowledgeable than I in that aspect. I hope you like your amp.

One more thing, I do feel this thread has been blown wayy out of proportion. And in NO WAY is this defense for -=Germania=- because I too feel that the time it took from commission to being sent was far too long. This thread has almost as many replies (it seems) as Dr. Xin's disappearing money/amp thread- and in no way is this EVEN CLOSE to being as serious. (<-- I'm guessing I'll get some crap for that)

Again, sorry to hear about the wait, Biggie.

Regards to all,
Spencer D.

How has this been blown out of proportion? Stacy is a member of the trade, remember? If anything, she should have paid for shipping and taken a loss. Her credibility as a builder has diminished due to childish mistakes. When you take somebody else's money for services you are supposed to provide, it is a big deal. It is even a bigger deal when that person ignores you and leaves you in the dark.

Look, Biggie tried to be reasonable. He posted a caveat emptor in her feedback thread. But she continued to play games with his time, so he had no other alternative (because she wasn't responding) than to post a thread to the public so that others were aware of her current behavior.

Let this thread serve as a lesson to those who choose to act in the same manner.

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #186 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How has this been blown out of proportion? Stacy is a member of the trade, remember? If anything, she should have paid for shipping and taken a loss. Her credibility as a builder has diminished due to childish mistakes. When you take somebody else's money for services you are supposed to provide, it is a big deal. It is even a bigger deal when that person ignores you and leaves you in the dark.

Look, Biggie tried to be reasonable. He posted a caveat emptor in her feedback thread. But she continued to play games with his time, so he had no other alternative (because she wasn't responding) than to post a thread to the public so that others were aware of her current behavior.

Let this thread serve as a lesson to those who choose to act in the same manner.

Like I said- this is no excuse for the behavior. Please read my post next time without bias. I, too, agree that it was far too long. And she did take a large loss for it- thank you for your time and judgment.

Regards,
Spencer D.

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #188 of 243
Amp is in transit as far as I know. Tracking info was given by paypal, but no information is showing up on USPS for that tracking number.

Biggie.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #191 of 243
Quote:

Like I said- this is no excuse for the behavior. Please read my post next time without bias. I, too, agree that it was far too long. And she did take a large loss for it- thank you for your time and judgment.

Regards,
Spencer D.

You can't possibly present an objective opinion on the matter based on your position. So needless to say even if your post is read without any sense of bias it is still skewed based on the fact you are family.

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #192 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amp is in transit as far as I know. Tracking info was given by paypal, but no information is showing up on USPS for that tracking number.

Biggie.

Try Canada Post website since it will give more accurate information if the package is already inside Canada.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #193 of 243
Hate to break up a great argument, but maybe things should be either sent to biggie as a PM, or just not posted at all. No use posting if your not biggie posting a update.

Yes, that means this post is useless and vulgar as well.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #194 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hate to break up a great argument, but maybe things should be either sent to biggie as a PM, or just not posted at all. No use posting if your not biggie posting a update.

Yes, that means this post is useless and vulgar as well.
bigsmile_face.gif

Because look at how well PM's alone helped biggie before.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #195 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Biggie,

You track international shipments with the custom's declaration number, and it is not uncommon for several days to pass before the tracking information is available on the USPS website. I sent a pair of Denon AH-D7000s to someone in the UK and he became concerned when a week went by and the tracking information was still not available online. I scanned the customs declaration form to a jpg file and gave it to the buyer as proof of shipment.

I also asked the buyer to remain calm and not to panic -- if there was a problem I would make it right. A few days later the complete tracking history was on the website and showed that his package was in British customs. A couple of days after that his headphones were delivered and he was very happy with them.

Given the above you might ask why anyone would use the US Postal Service to send packages abroad. The answer is simple: cost and convenience. Shipping international packages is expensive no matter how you slice it. But FedEx and UPS International services are about 30% more costly than Priority Mail International. And for a lot of people, a post office is more convenient to get to than a FedEx or UPS counter. In a large metro area it is different. But for me, living out in the sticks, there is a post office 1.5 miles from my home. The nearest UPS counter is 22 miles away and the closest FedEx office is 17 miles away. Needless to say I don't ship with UPS or FedEx very often.

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back