Amp Issue Involving -=Germania=-
Jul 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #151 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So all the shipping notice means is she bought a label, it doesn't even mean it was printed. (which I'm honestly pretty surprised she charged him for).

It doesn't even necessarily mean that. I'm not trying to say she did or didn't do something but for any paypal transaction you can enter tracking information (it doesn't have to be real tracking information) and Paypal will send the user a notice. I don't know what specific type of notice Biggie received and without that information there's nothing definite that can be said about the status of his package unfortunately.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #152 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, Gatto and jsaliga. So, Biggie should be able to track his package, and tell if and when it was shipped. Biggie, keep us updated.

Not necessaily. I'm pretty sure you get delivery confirmation, but tracking is extra.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #153 of 243
Tracking is not extra on packages sent using Priority Mail international (I recently sent a pair of headphones to someone in the UK using this service). You can track a package by the customs declaration number. Packages 4lbs or less can go First Class international with no tracking. Anything 5lbs or over can only be shipped Priority Mail International or EMS International and both have tracking.

But Nate was right, since we do not know how the package was shipped anything said is just speculation.

--Jerome

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #154 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But Nate was right, since we do not know how the package was shipped anything said is just speculation.

--Jerome

Per Biggie's report of their communication on June 6th:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last thing she said to me was "Shipping comes to $38 via UPS to Canada with Signature required and delivery status.". I sent that money via paypal the same day.
Biggie.

Though that was a month ago and she may have changed her mind, she seems to have been planning to send UPS.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #155 of 243
Quote:

Sorry for being a little slow, but I don't know what that means. I'm a bit old fashioned I guess and only know about taking a box to the post office, UPS, Fed Ex, etc. and pay the postage while standing at a counter, and they take the box from you to ship right then.

Word... best way to do it.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #156 of 243
Quote:

Though that was a month ago and she may have changed her mind, she seems to have been planning to send UPS.

I understand Vicki.

But we really don't know that for sure since the shipping carrier wasn't expressly mentioned. UPS, FedEx, and the US Postal Service all offer international shipping services with signature required and tracking. I know this because I have used all three. And without knowing the source and destination addresses, the package weight and dimensions, and the amount of insurance we can't extrapolate back from the information given to the shipping carrier and service used.

If Biggie has a tracking number then the best way to determine if it has actually been shipped is to check the status. If it is listed as "shipping information transmitted" then a shipping label has been purchased but the package is not actually in the system. If it has an origin scan listed (or acceptance if using the Postal Service) then the package has been shipped, is in the system, and en route.

--Jerome

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #157 of 243
Hi guys,

I shipped out Biggies amp as well as a few other things for people on Tuesday morning on my way to work.

After the 18th, I am going to be pretty much golden.

Settling into a new, full time job where I am regularly at the office for 9+ hours a day and a 45min commute. Been spending time getting my workshop unbundled to do bigger work mainly for myself.

Biggie, here is to hoping that it gets there safely and customs doesn't take an interest.

A big part of why I went MOT was because being a DIYer and making a profit was prohibited. There are a bunch of people who do this regulary and that is really the path that I wanted to follow. Of course, even people within that group did not want that to occur. This lead to some bigger and better things and I do not regret it.

I build things because I like doing it, not because there is a real profit in it. You loose quite a bit of money and usually only make a tiny bit more than you loose, especially if you don't charge very much. That is why people charge what they charge, you have to be prepared to send brand new items to someone twice and still be able to give them a refund. For the most part, people are not ripping you off. They are covering their butts for the people who take advantage of those who would make things all better.

Biggie, your amp has coverage. If it gets damaged or anything, it can be collected. It is a pain in the butt to do, but it is covered.

BTW: I wouldn't endorse any MOT or manufacturer to do testing with a deposit. I tried doing that program and despite using paypal many people managed to run away with items and somehow withdraw the money out of paypal in a two week process.

I like designing electronics, so that is what I am doing now in my lunch breaks and thinking about on my way back and forth from work. Gotten into wireless communication and well... its seems all of my ideas are around that right now and some low level trasistor stuff with microcontrollers. Oh the things you would do with a bank of PIC chips with full access to AD, Maxim, NS, and TI! People can dream.....

Please also keep in mind here guys that on parts alone, I have lost about $160. Charged nothing for labor and only asked for some shipping money to Canada.

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #159 of 243
I cant believe this is still going on!!! And stickied!
eek.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #160 of 243
Not so smart as ambitious. There are definately smarter and much more experienced people even within this thread.

I must learn how to make my own handmade PCB's though. I am sick of paying $30 for a small 2 or 3 layer board for a first iteration design.

Getting a hold of Monsoon speakers which I would like to turn into planar headphones in about a month or so. Would be nice if they sound as good as a set of SR-lambdas.

Jul 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #164 of 243
Nice to hear that the amplifier have been shipped.
Hopefully that makes an end to this story, which have been going on for too long.

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #165 of 243
True, the total lac of communication and keeping your customer/s informed/notified/updated was the main unacceptable and inexusable thing in all this. Sure, it's explained and justified now, somewhat, but why did it have to take the creation of this thread etc to get the reasons out of you Germania? Particulary when said member/s had been trying to contact you and/or you were active on Head-fi during that time! That lack of and/or evasion of communication is what I'd be v unhappy about still, if I were one of your customers in question, and you have still not deigned to explain yourself on this front...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back