Amp Issue Involving -=Germania=-
Jun 7, 2009 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 243

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
I commissioned an amp to be built by -=Germania=- in November of 2008. I sent her money for the cost of parts. I was told the amp was working in February and just needed some final touches. Then I was told it was no longer working and a new amp board needed to be ordered. Then in April I was told it was working again and just needed some final touches. I haven't heard from -=Germania=- since that time, even though I have pm'ed her a few times and she has been active on the forum.

I am hoping that by bringing this public that my issue can be resolved and that other people be made aware of my situation. Thank you for reading.

Biggie.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 243
yeah, me neither.
Given her positive record I think she is going to do right by you, although given the delays i think its right to give her a kick up the bum to get her butt in gear.
I suspect this is more a combination of complications and then being busy more than anything and hopefully this gets resolved for both of you asap.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't see this one coming..

+1

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 243
I know that she's a student, and if I'm remembering this correctly, is graduating this year. That can be a busy time, but she DOES need to contact you to be sure.

I would hope that there's no more to it than that, but one never knows for sure.

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't see this one coming..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1

+1

I hope everything works out soon for both parties in the end.

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #9 of 243
I'd suggest that it would be appropriate to also post the relevant information regarding the transaction in her feedback thread.

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #11 of 243
I'm sure it's nothing malicious, just trying to find the time can be difficult for students.

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 243
That does suck. I'm sure that since she's a student, she doesn't have much of an income and currently can't afford to do what ever it is she needs to do and is ashamed to admit it. this is of course complete conjecture i'm just saying that there is probably a reasonable answer as to why she hasn't gotten back with you. It was probably a good idea to put some heat underneath her with this thread. She'll probably respond to it.

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #14 of 243
I understand a busy student's life, eternal lack of funds, etc., but since she's been logged-in here, why not take a minute and drop Biggie a pm? That's only common courtesy.

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #15 of 243
The student excuse is lame IMO. I'm a university student myself and I don't have much free time during school year, but neither do professionals or any people with serious jobs. Bad communication is inexcusable when dealing online with other people, especially when you post multiple times a day on a forum bragging about building iPod docks and cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back