Amp Issue Involving -=Germania=-
Jul 11, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #168 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can't believe this is a sticky.

Because it was unknown what was germania's status was, and so people who were thinking of doing business with her knew there were problems.

Jul 11, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #169 of 243
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it was unknown what was germania's status was, and so people who were thinking of doing business with her knew there were problems.

Still way to early to sticky IMO. The thread was staying on the top page anyway, no use to sticky.

Jul 11, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #170 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still way to early to sticky IMO. The thread was staying on the top page anyway, no use to sticky.

Way too early to sticky? Really? This amp was commissioned in November 2008. There are reasonable arguments against making this a sticky. Too early isn't one of them.

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #172 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Way too early to sticky? Really? This amp was commissioned in November 2008. There are reasonable arguments against making this a sticky. Too early isn't one of them.

To early to make a thread about it? No. To early to sticky? Yes.

It's not a time thing as much as a "What is the person in question doing" thing. Personally I wouldn't think it should be stickied unless the person in question is basically trying to rip the other person off (See: Dave and Mule, Nick Lange, Storm Digital), not just being slow. Stuff like this deserves to be in feedback, not a sticky.

But apparently this is " Members' Lounge & Bad Feedback (General Discussion With Stoning of Bad Buyers/Sellers/Traders) " nowadays.

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #173 of 243
Hard to tell what's going on until it's resolved. Best to do what we can to make sure other people don't get similar problems. When it's resolved, it'll be un-stuck.

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #174 of 243
Quote:

i'll get unstuck when it's resolved

Quote:

Hard to tell what's going on until it's resolved. Best to do what we can to make sure other people don't get similar problems. When it's resolved, it'll be un-stuck.

Moderator tags are hard to spot here, lol.

frown.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #175 of 243
Quote:

It's not a time thing as much as a "What is the person in question doing" thing. Personally I wouldn't think it should be stickied unless the person in question is basically trying to rip the other person off (See: Dave and Mule, Nick Lange, Storm Digital), not just being slow. Stuff like this deserves to be in feedback, not a sticky.

But apparently this is " Members' Lounge & Bad Feedback (General Discussion With Stoning of Bad Buyers/Sellers/Traders) " nowadays.

I believe the point is, in past years, various MOT's have been allowed to continue bad, and possibly even illegal practices, without consequence. The worst of this is probably the Singlepower mess, with numerous people out a great many thousands of dollars. I'd take a fair guess that the new mods want to ensure this will never happen again.

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #176 of 243
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Having these threads in the Member's Lounge only gets visibility to people who frequently visit it. Not everyone at Head-Fi comes to the lounge. If you want to have these threads here fine, but be sure to post feedback too! Recently one member said it was their practice not to leave feedback until the transaction is complete. What happens if the transaction is never complete because the seller never delivers? It seems to me that members responding to an ad would logically check the feedback of the person they are considering transacting business with. It does not seem likely that they would also check the member's lounge too, expecially if the member really doesn't post here.

What concerns me is that in some instances, not this one though, members have resorted to starting threads here about troubled transactions while failing to leave feedback. This practice is potentially undermining the integrity of member feedback and hurting the community. I know you can't force people to leave feedback. However, every possible step should be taken to encourage members to leave feedback and discourage them from using the Member's Lounge as a substitute for it.

--Jerome

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #177 of 243
Quote:

Quote:

The reasoning for the stickied thread was posted two pages ago:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Due to -=Germania's-= MOT status on this site, this thead is being stickied until the issue is resolved (Biggie receives his amp). I believe most of us are understanding of -=Germania's=- situation (having just been through final exams, graduation, etc.), are supportive of her endeavors, and are willing to give her a bit of a break, but she chose MOT status and the responsibility that comes with it. She willingly accepted payment in November for an amp she agreed to build, and payment for shipping on June 10th for an amp that has not yet been shipped. Let's hope it all works out for both parties.

KONAKONA, -=Germania=- is a Member of the Trade on head-fi, which means she uses this forum to conduct commercial transactions for profit with members, even if on a very small scale at this time. Due to your relative newbie status (post count not considered), you might want to research some old threads about more than a few one-time well-respected MOTs (off the top of my head: Storm, LaRocco, Xin, SinglePower) and the frustrations of many members who lost hundreds and/or thousands of dollars in transactions before you decree an appropriate time to alert members and potential customers of known problems.

As grawk indicated, this thread will be unstuck when the situation is resolved. I think we're all hopeful that it will end well.

I also agree with jsaliga. Members' lounge threads should be an absolute last resort for any such matter, and should never take the place of feedback left the appropriate forum.

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #179 of 243
Though I'm a relative noob, I've kinda lost some respect for Germania over this. She's been throwing out a lot of excuses.

I guess all that matters is that I now know should I decide to do business on this board that I need to look out for myself no matter who is selling/buying.

Anyway... one final "I hope biggie gets his stuff!"

Jul 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #180 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently one member said it was their practice not to leave feedback until the transaction is complete. What happens if the transaction is never complete because the seller never delivers?

Was it me who said that? I suppose I'm going to have to revise my position. I would say making a thread like this should probably never happen. I was very vocal about that in Mule's thread as well. I would do my best to communicate with the person, then failing that I would probably go directly to a Mod and skip the whole public ordeal. I realize that may not administer the "kick in the butt" but it has the advantage of being a lot less....offensive (for lack of a better word). After the outcome of either dealing with the person or a Mod I would leave feedback for everyone to see, and then possibly update that feedback if need be. I don't believe a public thread or feedback should be anywhere near a first course of action; more like a last. Just my two cents though.
[EDIT: Perhaps I would ask a Mod if I should make a public thread concerning the issue in order to alert other Head-Fiers of a possible scammer]

That said, I'm glad the amp has been shipped and look forward to further updates from Biggie, especially concerning the amp itself (how it sounds, etc). I'm hopeful there won't be any further problems. I'd still deal with Germania if I wanted something built and she could build it, but would probably pick a better time (IE, not during finals
wink.gif
[I realize this amp had been in the making for months]).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back