Amp Issue Involving -=Germania=-
Jul 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #196 of 243
Not only that, but USPS seems to have packages sail through customs, whereas with FedEx and UPS, this can be a nightmare. I ship international all the time, and one time I had a package send via FedEx sit at customs for a MONTH. Nothing even close to that has happened to me via USPS.

Jul 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #197 of 243
Rob, I like the new avatar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #198 of 243
Hey guys,

Just so you know, they for sure have it because a domestic package I dropped off at the same location at the same time JUST started showing tracking info on the 15th!
There was another small international package I sent at the same time and that is also not showing info. I have no idea why they would send a package to Louiville when it only needs to go from Chicago to Indiana. :facepalm: I guess that explains why it isn't showing info...Where in the world is Carmen Sandi-amp?

I told Biggie, that if he doesn't get it by Tuesday/Wednesday or tracking info doesn't show then I am going to start the claim. It he gets it and it is all scratched/dinged/dented up or anything, same deal. The pics I had taken show the condition which is basically cherry.

USPS to Canada is more reliable than UPS or FedEx and typically sail through customs. When something gets sent UPS or Fedex, I haven't had a single time where it did not get at least a few days in customs and someone getting a ripped box/envelope covered in customs tape. Same goes for when I have gotten something from Canada using those services, MUCH MUCH worse if getting something from BC (with 1/100 homes being "grow houses" I can understand why).

Just an update for those interested.

Jul 18, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #199 of 243
Color me confused. You've said that you sent the amp out on Tues., July 7, but also say a domestic package sent at the same time only started to show tracking info eight days later. Eight days plus is a really long time for domestic service. Did the post office site not show tracking until after delivery?

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #201 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It isn't unusual for tracking info to only show up after delivery with USPS. I've had that happen a number of times before.

x2, multiple times.

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #202 of 243
Good to know. I don't usually use USPS, and rarely ship anything anyway. I shipped a pair of 580s to Vancouver USPS Priority on one of my first sales here, and it took nearly a month. The tracking info from Florida to Canada showed up immediately on the website, but ended which the headphones reached customs, where they apparently sat for over a couple weeks.

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #203 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It isn't unusual for tracking info to only show up after delivery with USPS.

It would be highly unusual with Priority International.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #204 of 243
I have used Priority Mail International about a dozen times. In my experience it is very common for tracking information to be unavailable on the USPS website for several days.

The best way to deal with buyers who think there is a problem because the tracking information isn't available online is to scan the customs declaration form (if you have a scanner) and email it to the buyer. That's what I do, because many people have their suspicions aroused when things don't happen exactly the way they think they should . To me, managing expectations is one of the most importart aspects of selling something to some one who really doesn't know you.

--Jerome

Jul 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #205 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have used Priority Mail International about a dozen times. In my experience it is very common for tracking information to be unavailable on the USPS website for several days.

Awesome. Hey, let's look at some actual tracking info. Here's a typical USPS Priority International package mailed last Friday and delivered today. CJ194081326US

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #206 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be highly unusual with Priority International.

deadhorse.gif

you're begging for a scan/photo of the original receipt as you are, aren't you?
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #207 of 243
I've never had any tracking info not show up for more then 3 days

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #209 of 243
USPS tracking is bad. I've had things delivered before showing up in tracking. If you are shipping US to Canada, you have almost no chance of tracking it, in my experience.

I would hope that if the amp doesn't get there or is scratched and dinged, you would start a claim and while you wait for it to be resolved, refund his money.

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #210 of 243
Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 6:31 AM on July 16, 2009.

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back