Amp Issue Involving -=Germania=-
Jul 4, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #121 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still no amp. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Biggie.

Maybe in lieu of an amp, she'll offer up another educational treatise on shipping companies.

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #122 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When was the last time you heard from Germania? Did she give you a ship date?

--Jerome

I haven't heard from her since the day she posted in this thread.

Biggie.

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #124 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NotoriousBIG_PJ you have her number right? At this point, maybe give her a call. I Think this situation has reached its tipping point.

Oh boy, not phone numbers again.
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #125 of 243
Biggie,

You posted that you sent her money (how? paypal or by mail?) to ship the amp on June 9th. She posted on the 10th that she had sent Laz his money on the 30th, but other than discussing the pros and cons of various shippers, she didn't mention that she had sent or was sending your amp. When you discussed shipping with her, did you get a shipping date and which company (FedEx, USPS, UPS) she was planning on using?

Laz, did you ever get your money?

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #126 of 243
She is going to a meet next weekend. Perhaps a good standing member attending can address the issue with her. One thing is for sure, she has been given all the time and benefit to make it right and didn't. Cred is dead.

Good luck Biggie.

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #128 of 243
It could also be sitting in customs, which is why it's important to know when it was really sent. The only thing that's a bit concerning is that I don't know of any responsible person who doesn't notify the buyer that they've shipped an item once they've done it, and tell them how it was sent, especially when sending out of the country.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #129 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It could also be sitting in customs, which is why it's important to know when it was really sent. The only thing that's a bit concerning is that I don't know of any responsible person who doesn't notify the buyer that they've shipped an item once they've done it, and tell them how it was sent, especially when sending out of the country.

Keyword is "responsible." Big should ask for the shipping information, tracking, dates, etc. and see what comes of it; however, given the questionable credibility she has brought on herself by her inaction and lack of communication, one would think she would go the extra mile and make certain Big got his amp without delay. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #130 of 243
I did get my check from Stacy, dated as she said, in payment for the phono cartridge. I tend to think she is going to make this right in time.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #131 of 243
i won a LOD from Chiunifi from her last year. later that month i asked her to build me a more special LOD then i originally won (one for my car in all black and 2 feet of cable) and told her i would pay anything extra she needed. she responded a few days later and never answered if i would get charged more. a month went by and i asked her how was she doing with the build, she answered quickly and a few weeks later i received it with a super bonus LOD for my iphone. the build is great and she didnt charge me a single penny more or even for shipping..

my point is she did not have to even really build and honor her raffle donation for Chiunifi, and she really did not have to build me a special LOD and include another one plus ship it to me for free...but she did. she may be a bit late in her shipping and response but she does honor her word. i will see her next week at the meet also.

also the LOD she build has a Neutrik male on the end of two feet of braided cable, it looks and sounds amazing...way more then my car ever needed

IMG_2345.jpg

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #132 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She is going to a meet next weekend. Perhaps a good standing member attending can address the issue with her.

I will see her at the meet next week, and I will ask her exactly what the status is, and report back.

Stacy, if you see this, maybe you could bring a tracking number to the meet
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #133 of 243
Not to do any bashing, but it's much easier and less time consuming to build a LOD (to whatever spec) than almost any amp, so Germania going the extra mile in that regard, although very generous, isn't really out-of-the-blue.

Maybe she should just forget about economical shipping, and send it priority Fedex. I can't believe a business person is letting an overwhelmed post office give her a bad reputation. Fedex international priority to Canada is $90, peanuts in the face of a bad rep!

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #134 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She is going to a meet next weekend. Perhaps a good standing member attending can address the issue with her.

Hopefully this will help and settle issues once and for all. We all understand life can interfere but we also know when we take on a professional role, we have a responsibility. Be honest, keep in contact and things usually come out right even if they go awry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- UPS is the most reliable, but their rates are just not economical enough for US domestic and far-reaching countries (great for Canada though)..
- DHL is similarly reliable, if not a bit late.
- Fedex is pretty decent, but their customer service is almost non-existant. They lost a package of mine that was insured and refused to pay on full insured value only giving me half of what it was insured for. Never getting these guys again based on that run-around.
- USPS runs the gambit. It can be extremely excellent. Best price, Best performance, etc. Or it can be a hellish nightmare when they are busy. They guarantee nothing when it comes to delivery time, only give suggestions. Insuring a package with them just means a longer stated waiting time to get your check than the other three. Used them the most, only had 3 packages get lost forever (even one that was to another location in Chicago).

UPS is the most reliable and their rates are not that bad. I have worked on both sides of the shipping and receiving coin and, believe it or not, I've lost very few shipments, considering I've shipped thousands. The worst (IMHO) is USPS. They have damaged the most, including complete loss. Once you move, find a good location and establish a rapport and you shouldn't have any shipping troubles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then I can finally give back the 80's mini system receiver my friend loaned me.

You've got my curiosity up! What mini system? There are some really good ones out there.

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #135 of 243
The last thing she said to me was "Shipping comes to $38 via UPS to Canada with Signature required and delivery status.". I sent that money via paypal the same day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've got my curiosity up! What mini system? There are some really good ones out there.

Lol, it is some Yamaha with a lot of hiss.

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back