Am i the only disappointed with the DT-770 Headband?
Aug 8, 2011 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TestSubject

100+ Head-Fier
i got a pair of DT-770 premium at the premium price and i have to say the headband is, well...

I Mean

Not my picture but look at this real headband (ATH-M50)

Even the way cheaper Pro Version has a better one

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 9
Heya,

I like the DT770 Pro headband, it was nice. My DT990 has the same headband as the DT770, all the premiums do from the same year. I find it nice. It's one of my favorite headbands because it doesn't stick out and just hugs your head and is comfortable. I'm more put off by headbands like you find on some audio technicas (like the AD500, AD700, etc). And I don't like the bulkiness of some portable/swivel capable headbands. Beyer & Sennheiser headbands are amongst my favorites.

Very best,

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #4 of 9
I'm not a BIG fan of the 1inch thick foam headbands myself. More of a Grado band myself, but I thought the band wasn't bad.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 9
I prefer the pro headbands, too. I have a broken DT880-2005 that (pre-breakage) I modded slightly, because I didn't like the 2005 headband.

Basically, you can use the pro's headband on the 2005 edition by procuring one (obviously), removing the stock one (obviously) and removing the metal tabs that would otherwise be in the way. This is done by unscrewing the little plastic bits at the end, removing the tabs (they'll come right out) and reassembling the lot. After that, a pro headband will fit properly on the dt880-non-pro.

After my non-pro broke, I must admit this is the entire reason I replaced it with a pro.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #6 of 9
What's better about the M50 headband?  In my opinion, you gotta be really joking if you think the M50's headband is better than the premium beyers.  The M50 headband has no padding and gives too much pressure to the top of your head.  The premium beyers give a little bit of pressure as well, but never to the point of hurting like the M50.  

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 9
Looks pretty similar to the standard headband on the DT-250, which is easily replaceable (a good thing). Seems pretty spot on for a low-mid $200's headphone.

If they put a swank leather one on there they'll just have to cut costs somewhere else or raise the price.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 9
The main reason I got rid of my DT880 is they have the same crappy headband and I hated it. The cups have no swivel mechanism, and every time I made even a moderate adjustment of the phones on my head the band made a horrible "CLACK!" sound that drove me up the wall. Honestly I think it's the worst headband design of any headphone I've ever had, regardless of price. The Denon design may have some robustness issues (unsure if those have been solved) but from an engineering standpoint, it makes the Beyer handband seem like it was designed by a five year old.

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 9
love the premium beyer head band.
its really comfortable and not top heavy at all.
it does what its supposed to do very well i think.
better than those big clunky headbands some headphones have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back