1. Koss UR 55 ($50)
  2. Sennheiser HD 205 ($43)
  3. Sennheiser HD 238 ($55)
  4. Sony MDR XD200 ($23)
  5. Philips SHP8500 ($40)
  6. Beyerdynamic DT 235 ($55?)
  7. Maxell DHP-II ($50)
  8. Denon AH-P372W ($45) --> white ones look sick

All of these seem like good choices. I just want some final opinions before I order.

Sidenote: I didn't like the JVC HARX models because they were bigger than a newborn baby.

Thanks in advance guys!

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Man I hate to say it, but you may have a tough time in finding much feedback on phones in this price range.  I'm not saying these products are not worth attention but in this community most of us have gone to products higher up the food chain and that is where our experience lies.

Honestly every one of the products you mention is probably in the ball-park of the rest. When you have inexpensive products like this performance almost always is left in the back seat from an engineering standpoint. The manufacturers want something that they can crank out by the tens-of-thousands cheaply and sell for a good profit.  Most will do some things right but all will do some things wrong. The problem is finding the one that does the least wrong.

If it's any help, go for comfort and style. The only product in this price range I know anything about would be the iGrado which would likely be a good choice considering Grados use of the same driver design for all their cans.  That design is a time proven one that has a large following, and even those that don't care for Grado usually will say that they like the lower end models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back