Alo RX, Headstage Arrow or TTVJ slim for custom UM3X
Jul 21, 2010 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

TekeRugburn

aka. ThePhoenix84, ThePhoenix84md, SUZAKUreturns
after a lloooonnnnggggg decision process im finally in the move to get um3x's remolded by fisher and was wondering which amp i should shoot for.... I have the Ibasso T3 and E7 (but I mostly use the T3 with my fuze and use the E7 as a usb dac).....but was trying to figure out if one of the 3 mentioned in the title is worth getting.  I read reviews and such, but would like some opinions on it.  TIA!  Oh btw.... more than likely it's going to be paired with a 5th gen. Black ipod video rockboxed, a Ibasso lod and silver whiplash mini to mini from the lod to the amp!

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 21
I haven't heard the Rx but did audition the other two. I bought the Arrow because I like it's form-factor MUCH more. Also, the added bassboost and crossfeed offer more flexibility than the TTVJ does. Sound quality-wise I could hardly distinguish the two. This is with the Arrow's settings on 0/neutral. They both drive with authority and work very well for IEMs. I really think you can't go wrong with either of the two. It comes down to your own preference. 

I had the T3 as well and the Arrow is an audible step up. I always thought the T3 sounded more like the Fiio E5. 

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 21
yeah i think i eliminated the ttvj.....the one thing im worried about is the arrow's automatic on and off feature.... i like a on or off button.... the alo rx is slightly bigger than the arrow

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 21
Why would you want an on/off button? The Arrow turns on when there's an input signal and turns off when there's none. Easy as pie. Don't think that this will bother you. More amps should offer this option in my opinion. 

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 21
I've ordered the headstage arrow to pair with my custom um3x. Hopefully they will sound good together.

If not, theres always the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee warranty from Robert. 
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 21
ill be looking forward to you're impressions

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #7 of 21
im a little lost...is there a difference between the arrow and arrow 12he?

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #9 of 21
yeah i just read the differences on the headphonia forums.... imo they shoulda put a switch for an on/off/auto power up switch

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #10 of 21
Maybe you shoulda buya Arrow 12HE 1G then?
wink.gif

The 1G has the switch you want and I'm sure Robert will have plenty of these in stock after everyone traded their 1G for a 2G.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #11 of 21
theres a trade-in program?  

nvm....just looked it up....thats an awesome service to offer!

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 21
Off topic, What makes you to remold UM3X at the first place. Westone fitting is amazing.

Besides many successful story of molding, I did hear some worst case, sound has gone bad as the drier placement changed

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 21
i bought um3x's that were remolded from someone else.... and now i have to remold them for my ears.    gonna end up cheaper than buying regular um3x's.  I never had a fit problem with universal iems.... even w/ the trip.fi's where everyone has a hard time getting a seal... they seal great with me

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
i bought um3x's that were remolded from someone else.... and now i have to remold them for my ears.    gonna end up cheaper than buying regular um3x's.  I never had a fit problem with universal iems.... even w/ the trip.fi's where everyone has a hard time getting a seal... they seal great with me

That is cool. UM3X is very good IEM.

Enjoy!!!

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #15 of 21
I'd go with the Rx. That's the only amp I've heard out of the three. I used the LO from the s:flo2 // Rx // UM3X and loved the combination; the bass and mids were powerful and the detail and image separation were unmatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back