All things Metrum Acoustics
May 11, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #316 of 1,451
Thank you @cj3209 for your timely and brilliant suggestion that I was able to a PayPal dispute before it was too late, and I eventually got my money back from PayPal.

Now, the unacceptable part:

Metrum Acoustics had finally replied, after I have started the PayPal dispute and wrote them the "ultimatum" (which I have shared earlier on this thread), with a short line saying that "later this week we do the refund".

At first I was excited of the prospect of an amicable closure, only to realize that the "later the week" time-frame coincided with the deadline PayPal had given Metrum Acoustics to sort it out. The fact that Metrum Acoustics did nothing implied that they had intended to wait it out to see if my dispute case would fail.

So, it has become clear to me that right from the onset, Metrum Acoustics had orchestrated the return of the product without the intention to refund the money.

Thank goodness for PayPal.

You should still email Cees & ask him to refund you the original shipping cost as well. If they finally do get around to your case, they might actually refund you.

May 11, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #318 of 1,451
Thank you @cj3209 for your timely and brilliant suggestion that I was able to a PayPal dispute before it was too late, and I eventually got my money back from PayPal.

Now, the unacceptable part:

Metrum Acoustics had finally replied, after I have started the PayPal dispute and wrote them the "ultimatum" (which I have shared earlier on this thread), with a short line saying that "later this week we do the refund".

At first I was excited of the prospect of an amicable closure, only to realize that the "later the week" time-frame coincided with the deadline PayPal had given Metrum Acoustics to sort it out. The fact that Metrum Acoustics did nothing implied that they had intended to wait it out to see if my dispute case would fail.

So, it has become clear to me that right from the onset, Metrum Acoustics had orchestrated the return of the product without the intention to refund the money.

Thank goodness for PayPal.

That must be a really bad experience. Even though you were able to get refunds via the paypal disputes, I believe it were not free refunds for you given other costs (e.g., import taxes, shipping and etc). I wonder what has been your actual cost for your trial so far?

May 11, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #319 of 1,451
To be fair, as an industry practice, I believe that import taxes and shipping should be borne by the buyer.

I am glad to have recovered the money via PayPal dispute without the need to write them off as a bad debt.

May 12, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #320 of 1,451
Dear All

Recently I am informed about the problems that some of you had in case of ordering Metrum products. The problem is that I am unable to solve your problems as I have sold the company to the new owner in July 2018. During the first period I was involved as an hired designer (my current company is Acelec Engineering http://www.acelec.nl )but since end of December I stopped working for Metrum. Like you I have no influence on the current policy.

I think it is a shame that the good policy and service level that I had built up in 28 years has deteriorated in such a short time so feel sorry for this situation

Kind regards

Cees Ruijtenberg

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #321 of 1,451
Dear All

Recently I am informed about the problems that some of you had in case of ordering Metrum products. The problem is that I am unable to solve your problems as I have sold the company to the new owner in July 2018. During the first period I was involved as an hired designer (my current company is Acelec Engineering http://www.acelec.nl )but since end of December I stopped working for Metrum. Like you I have no influence on the current policy.

I think it is a shame that the good policy and service level that I had built up in 28 years has deteriorated in such a short time so feel sorry for this situation

Kind regards

Cees Ruijtenberg

What?! Why did you leave Cees? I had no idea this happened. What will you do now? Are you still going to make DACs etc?

May 12, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #322 of 1,451
What?! Why did you leave Cees? I had no idea this happened. What will you do now? Are you still going to make DACs etc?
The fact is that I am still doing research and doing work for others but after doing Metrum for 28 years and working almost 80 hours in a week it was time to reduce this a bit. So still having thousands of idea's but have tried finding ways that some others can do production and sales. This was the idea behind Metrum, just doing research together with some other guys but leave the sales and marketing to professionals.

May 12, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #323 of 1,451
The fact is that I am still doing research and doing work for others but after doing Metrum for 28 years and working almost 80 hours in a week it was time to reduce this a bit. So still having thousands of idea's but have tried finding ways that some others can do production and sales. This was the idea behind Metrum, just doing research together with some other guys but leave the sales and marketing to professionals.

Well good luck to you then Cees. Have a well deserved rest!

I love your work - thanks for all you've done.

May 12, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #324 of 1,451
Well good luck to you then Cees. Have a well deserved rest!

I love your work - thanks for all you've done.
Thank you George!

Rest is not in my system I suppose :) but try to do my things more relaxed. But for all of you I like to mention that I will help in case of technical issues in case that support fails. Hopefully the new owner will avoid this.

May 12, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #325 of 1,451
Dear All

The problem is that I am unable to solve your problems as I have sold the company to the new owner in July 2018. During the first period I was involved as an hired designer (my current company is Acelec Engineering http://www.acelec.nl )but since end of December I stopped working for Metrum. Like you I have no influence on the current policy.

I see that on Metrum's website, you are still listed as the CTO. Is that a false advertisement?

Who is the owner that you have sold Metrum to? Anjo?

metrum.jpg

May 12, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #326 of 1,451
I think the website hasn't have any updates since last year. If I still was the CTO I never post my comments here but next I was probably able to change the policy.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #327 of 1,451
Well, as a recent purchaser of a Metrum product, I'm not sure how to feel. Slightly concerned with support and updates.

Look what happened to apple when the idea guy is no longer running the company...

May 12, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #329 of 1,451

Users who are viewing this thread

Back