Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Sep 1, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #2,086 of 3,117
ok now so days have passed and I have been listening to the ms1s with the bowls that i washed. It is the best sounding way to listen to the ms1s in the long term as well as short term comparison testing. I can now say I prefer these to all other configurations of pads. They are now some cool sounding cans. Even great with movies on my pc. Make no mistake though, they have nothing on my hd600s
biggrin.gif

Still, A great can in their own right and good value for the money

Sep 1, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #2,087 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok now so days have passed and I have been listening to the ms1s with the bowls that i washed. It is the best sounding way to listen to the ms1s in the long term as well as short term comparison testing. I can now say I prefer these to all other configurations of pads. They are now some cool sounding cans. Even great with movies on my pc. Make no mistake though, they have nothing on my hd600s
biggrin.gif

Still, A great can in their own right and good value for the money

Yeah, nothing on the HD600 but you've got a great portable and "beat it up"
set of cans now. You can run them off an iPod and yet they still scale up when hooked up to a good amp.

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #2,088 of 3,117
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
So a little history...I had bought the Grado SR-80's about a month ago. Listened to them for about 2 weeks and allowed them to burn-in over night and during the day while I was at work but basically had them going the entire time using my iTunes library. I now understand what people are talking about when they mention Grado's harsh highs. Don't get me wrong, I fell in love with the Grado sound signature but cymbal crashes and other high frequency sounds were very piercing to my ears. I ended up returning them.

So then I found the MS-1's. I really think these will be the cans for me. Apparently, much like a Grado but more "laid back".
I've ordered them last week but my cc has not been charged yet. I emailed them to see if the headphones were on back order but they have not replied to me yet. Has anyone ordered from Alessandro recently? Or know if the MS-1's are currently on back order?

The anticipation is killing me.

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #2,089 of 3,117
Don't worry about lags. That's nothing special, as Alessandro is an unprofessional enterprise that gets its material from a half professional enterprise...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #2,090 of 3,117
Yeah; it seems like every summer(up here in the northern half)that things just slow down a bit with Grado/Alessandro, and it just seems to take longer for things to happen. I dunno if it has something to do with vacations at Grado or more gigs to attend to for Alessandro and their Fine Guitar Amps, but historically it just seems like there are more complaints about shipping delays and lack of timely responses to e-mails and stuff during the summer.

Not unusual. Happens most every summer.

And yup; they're worth the wait!

Sep 6, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #2,092 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
So a little history...I had bought the Grado SR-80's about a month ago. Listened to them for about 2 weeks and allowed them to burn-in over night and during the day while I was at work but basically had them going the entire time using my iTunes library. I now understand what people are talking about when they mention Grado's harsh highs. Don't get me wrong, I fell in love with the Grado sound signature but cymbal crashes and other high frequency sounds were very piercing to my ears. I ended up returning them.

So then I found the MS-1's. I really think these will be the cans for me. Apparently, much like a Grado but more "laid back".
I've ordered them last week but my cc has not been charged yet. I emailed them to see if the headphones were on back order but they have not replied to me yet. Has anyone ordered from Alessandro recently? Or know if the MS-1's are currently on back order?

The anticipation is killing me.

First of all, the sr80s have bowl pads and the ms1s come with comfies. That in itself will give you much duller highs. The pads make a bigger difference to the sound of grados than going from model to model IMO

Sep 6, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #2,093 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah; it seems like every summer(up here in the northern half)that things just slow down a bit with Grado/Alessandro, and it just seems to take longer for things to happen. I dunno if it has something to do with vacations at Grado or more gigs to attend to for Alessandro and their Fine Guitar Amps, but historically it just seems like there are more complaints about shipping delays and lack of timely responses to e-mails and stuff during the summer.

Not unusual. Happens most every summer.

And yup; they're worth the wait!

Yeah that makes perfect sense. Same thing happens every summer whrere I work. I just hope the quality of the headphones are not effected.

Sep 6, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #2,094 of 3,117
Long time user of the MS-1 here!

Just writing to say the MS-1's are sounding thin as of late - I'm getting used to the fuller sound of the Superfi5pro it seems. Guitar's are still fun and funky, just it sounds a little thin below the bass-y strings, and the bass guitar itself.

Shame that - Then again, I haven't dialed any EQ in yet (it's sitting on flat atm)

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #2,098 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by JD20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered mine 7 days ago and so far no CC charge. Anticipation is killing me
frown.gif

No reply to email as yet either...

Mine came today. Ordered exactly one week ago. I think you should call them if they still have not replied by email. I haven't listened yet, I'm still at work.

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #2,100 of 3,117
I will consider myself blessed
smily_headphones1.gif

So I've been listening on and off for a few hours, and am thrilled with these phones. Keeping in mind that I have only experienced ksc75s, portapros and senn px-100s, I have to say that I am impressed with the depth and balance of these beauties. I chose them over the Grado 60's because I was worried about harsh highs, and I'm glad I did. The highs on the MS1's are so sweet and natural. And there is actual articulation in the mids!

I have not been happy listening to symphonic music through headphones in the past, but with these, it is exciting! I can actually experience the "bigness" of the orchestra without the congestion of lesser phones. I'm sure that in comparison to even better models, my perspective would change, but I'm happy right here, right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back