Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Sep 29, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #2,116 of 3,117
We probably like different aspects of the hd600s sound. Who knows. Ex. The hd600 has sparkle and vibrancy that sr60 tries to approach while the ms1 is just plain dull to me. Using the flat pads for portable use, the ms1s treble are nonexistent while the sr60s highs just cuts through enough. Both have more midbass than the hd600s, only slightly brighter upper mids yet less highs than the hd600 using the flats. Using the comfy pads, I agree that the ms1s are a little better than the sr60 also with its stock comfies. Using bowl pads, the ms1s give more definition than using any other pad but shows its drier and chalkier highs than the sr60. The sr60 is more exciting using the bowl pads but still lack the hd600s top end extension and lose a lot of bass compared to the flat pads. In the end, for my portable usage where a little bloated bass wont hurt, the sr60s with flats win!
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #2,117 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$99 shipped anywhere around the world from alessandros website

er... how long would teh warranty be and wad does it covers? and wads the difference betweeen the 1/4" and 1/8" plug?

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #2,118 of 3,117
Received my pair of MS1s a couple of weeks ago and are my 2nd 'proper' pair of headphones after the DT770 that I picked up a while ago.

Sound wise they're great, but comfort with added bowl pads (which I bought separately) were just too uncomfortable over longer periods of time.

I'm using them now with yellow HD414 pads and comfort is much improved. I may mod these pads at some point but but for now are serving me well.

And that's where I thought my headphone lust would subside for a bit, but now I've ordered some Shure SE110's as they were going cheap - £25, but now I'm looking at a pair of Audio Technica ATH-ES7's for a more portable closed can. Decisions decisions.

Sep 30, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #2,119 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and wads the difference betweeen the 1/4" and 1/8" plug?

1/8" is the miniplug that fits on most mp3 players/pcdps and portable headphone amps. 1/4" is the one that fits on most receivers, mixers, and stationary headphone amps

Oct 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #2,120 of 3,117
oh ok thx and is there any warranty for the headphones if u buy from the alessandro website?

Oct 2, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #2,122 of 3,117
Just ordered my ms-1 from the website and dam might take 3 weeks to arrive.... anyway donunus thx for helping me out all this while i really appreciate it! thx!

Oct 3, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #2,123 of 3,117
They're well worth the wait though!

As far as warranty, they use the same warranty as Grado. If there's a problem; just send them with a note explaining the problem right to Grado Labs for repair. They have a legendarily good service reputation.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #2,124 of 3,117
lol yea omg the w8... im in canada already but still need 3 weeks! dam the backorder... and yea F107plus5 saw alot of ur post in this thread "advertising" for alessandro lol... im looking around this thread for a good mod... any recommendation?
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #2,125 of 3,117
Hi again and i was thinking of getting a beyer dt770 headband and the senn hd 414 pads was thinking for the beyer headband where do i get it? and for senn when i compared the senn website and ebay, senn website happens to be cheaper so would it be recomended to order from there? thx!

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #2,126 of 3,117
An e-mail from Alessandro yesterday, in answer to a query, said my MS-1's shipped 6 days ago and would take "about" three weeks to arrive. They arrived this morning. Now blissfully listening to Gong and the Gazeuse album and even now starting to hear things in the music that have not been apparent before.

Eargasm.

Andy

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #2,127 of 3,117
oh u guys all ordered from Alessandro website? But I didnt see nothing for any purchase information. I did saw a shopping cart or sth like this, but no register or purchase link to buy their stuffs........

Oct 9, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #2,128 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy80F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An e-mail from Alessandro yesterday, in answer to a query, said my MS-1's shipped 6 days ago and would take "about" three weeks to arrive. They arrived this morning. Now blissfully listening to Gong and the Gazeuse album and even now starting to hear things in the music that have not been apparent before.

Eargasm.

Andy

omg thats fast 6 days! its been a near a week for me already.... and im living in canada maybe i should send an email and ask about it anyway congrats xD

to CapQ: Yea most people order from Alessandro website. Go to the headphone section choose wad u want and and u will see the "ADD" button click it than it goes into ur shopping cart, go ur shopping cart and than click "Total order" and follow the steps.

Oct 15, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #2,130 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by iphone3g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awaiting my MS1's!

shipped on tuesday

yea me too!
smily_headphones1.gif
can't w8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back