Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 11, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #1,981 of 3,117
I've just got them a few days ago and they're absolutely great
biggrin.gif
Though sadly I can't use them for portable use since the cable is way too thick and long and because they're open and don't block car noise.
I must say I didn't find very great or shocking differences between the standard comfies or the HD414 pads, the flats from TTVJ.com however have a much more clearer and detailed sound. I couldn't help but notice that although they have more detail and more punch than my SJ5 or K81 they also have a darker sound. They're a great deal and I think everybody should try the flats
biggrin.gif
they really make a difference.

Now I only wonder how bowls will affect the sound
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicR21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me where to get replacement pads in the UK.
What is the difference between bowls and HD414's ?
Is it so noticeable?

Apr 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #1,982 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicR21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine today
Took three weeks
Paid UK tax of £16.92
So total price were £66.92
Which I think is not bad.

Sounds good. Did they mark them anyway (Gift etc.)? You reckon this will be the tax for all uk purchases?

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #1,983 of 3,117
They don't mark them as a gift. The Customs Declaration is marked as Headphones and $99. It is a shame that they are sent using USPS, as they are handled by Royal Mail in the UK and they charge a large admin fee. Mine also had £16.92 levied on them.

Apr 12, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #1,984 of 3,117
Thanks. To be honest I was expecting it to be higher, you hear tales of couriers adding £25 admin fees...

Anyway, ~£66 is still generally cheaper than you'll find sr60s (for instance) for in the UK so not *that* bad a deal I'd say. How are you finding yours?

wq.

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #1,985 of 3,117
Take away the leakage.
They are amazing for real instrument music.
Not so amazing for electronica dance.
Thats my 2p worth :wink:

Apr 15, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #1,988 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here my simple Gardo Mod
(removed image)

those look very comfortable. do they make much of a diffence in quality, and exactly what did you do to mod them?

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #1,989 of 3,117
I'm about to buy those phones , i listen mostly to hard rock and metal and i read that ms1 have a suitable sound signature for those genres, moreover they are one of the few quality options that fit my budget. My only concern is about confort. I have a pair of akg k24p which are quite good sounding for the price, but i can't wear them for long, they have too strong a clamping force for my head, does this problem occur on the alessandros ? is the headband very tight or do earpads fit quite loose on the ears ? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #1,990 of 3,117
After reading some 20+ pages of this thread, I think I might upgrade from the SR60 to the MS-1. Now, if I could find someone to sell these to...

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #1,991 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sailboat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading some 20+ pages of this thread, I think I might upgrade from the SR60 to the MS-1. Now, if I could find someone to sell these to...

Headphones For Sale / Trade - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio shouldn't take too long i wouldn't think, as they're considered the best can out there in the $40-75ish range.

and for those new kids on the block (no not the band) the one below it, for 16.50ish shipped to the US off ebay are the Koss KSC-75. And if you haven't picked up on it many will tell you the ms1 the best in the $100 +/-15ish range

and are you still having to wait 7+ weeks after ordering for em to ship?
got one in the FS forum for $85 bucks. Came in under a week, double packaged, already broken in, with 3 diff types of pads, in the orig pizza box (which was also in great condish) And I'm like the 3rd or 4th owner...except I def won't be selling them anytime soon. Wow then finally 10 months later, I built me a Millett Max and an alien dac and have been in heaven since..ahh yeeass, the advantages (and opiate-like addictions) of headfi

Apr 18, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #1,992 of 3,117
Yeah, I'm planning to sell them on there when I meet the requirements. The KSC75s I had broke so I thought why not sell the SR60 (I don't like the harsh highs) and get a MS-1? The bass upgrade + smoothness appeal to me since I'm listening to music constantly. Also, I've read somewhere that the MS-1 is physically lighter than the Grados? Is this true?

Buying from a fellow Head-fi'er is my primary option (break-in period, shipping time) so I guess I'll keep an eye out on the FS forum.

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #1,993 of 3,117
I've been thinking of buying the MS-1 for quite some time now.
Especially now that they cost 99$ shipped
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I read that the 414 pads suit the MS-1. I just wanted to know is it hard to put them on and are they worth the 10$?
What does it mean reversed?
And are they really worth 99$?
Thanks people
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #1,994 of 3,117
Reversed means you make a big hole in the pads and mount them on your headphones using that hole rather than the stock hole.

I have the reversed 414 pads on my SR60 and they're more comfortable than both comfies and bowls. The sound is nicely balanced but I can tell you the bowls do sound better. It's not very hard to put them on, you just have to stretch them a bit more than you would the comfies.

The bowls might be a better option (if you can stand the comfort) for the MS-1 as they're supposed to have less piercing highs than the SR60. The yellow hd414 pads tame the highs on my SR60.

But I don't own the MS-1 so not really sure. Overall, the yellow pads are worth it but its for you to decide which pads to use.

Apr 21, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #1,995 of 3,117
So apparently the MS-1s were back-ordered for quite a bit. Just got an email from Alessandro that they got stocked now and I'll get mine in a bit.

So not gonna be in the fan club for another few weeks. >: But the bowl pads I ordered from Australia arrived already lol, halfway there I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back