Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Mar 21, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #1,967 of 3,117
Order from website.
They take three weeks to arrive to UK
For pricing including customs tax read my previous post.

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #1,968 of 3,117
exactly! that's how i bought mine! the waiting will make you fall in love even more!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicR21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Order from website.
They take three weeks to arrive to UK
For pricing including customs tax read my previous post.

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #1,969 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by tarang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I am considering between ms1 and ad700. I need headphone for listening to vocals (male and female); mostly movie songs which are studio recordings (so no large soundstage). For movie tracks, i have ath m30. Can someone please tell me how good are ms1 for vocals?

Thanks.

I have both of these headphones and like them both very much. I think they have similar impedances, and are easily driven without an amplifier, although a headphone amplifier helps them both. The cheap PA2V2 amp suits MS1 and Grados well. My opinion is that both headphones do vocals well. Perhaps the MS1s are better for female vocals. The best way I can summarise the difference between these two headphones is the sound stage is more up front with the MS1. For movies and DVD, the AD700s have a better sound stage for position.

I feel that the AD700s have a more flatter frequency response than the MS1s with more bass and high treble emphasis on the MS1s. The AD700s have a more neutral frequency spectrum presentation to my ears.

The MS1 are supposed to have that Grado "funness", which I suppose means they are faster phones, much quicker, responsive and tighter across the frequency spectrum (maybe more dynamic is a good description here). They are both good headphones. The MS1s were cheaper in Australia (directly from Alessandro in the US for US$100) than the Audio-Technicas. The AD700s are less coloured to me.

The only way to find out for yourself is to hear both. They do have different characters, and I still listen to both of them. The AD700s are more comfortable out of the box, and look "spacey". After bending the headband to suit you, the MS1s are very comfortable as well. Both phones get better with burn in. I hope this helps you.

Mar 23, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #1,970 of 3,117
Nobody was around to answer my previous question... so once again... I already have the HD580. Is the MS1 a good idea to have as well, or is it simply worse than the HD580?

EDIT: It seems like some people appeared where I asked my question... so nevermind...

Mar 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #1,971 of 3,117
i got my ms1 2 weeks ago, i appreciate it alot. But when i tried to change its pads that white mesh thing spill like hair. Modded comfy pads really opened up the sound, i dont want to go back to unmodded ones but i wonder that mesh will resume to spill until none left?

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #1,972 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ^adm^ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got my ms1 2 weeks ago, i appreciate it alot. But when i tried to change its pads that white mesh thing spill like hair. Modded comfy pads really opened up the sound, i dont want to go back to unmodded ones but i wonder that mesh will resume to spill until none left?

I always tell people not to pick at their hair
smily_headphones1.gif
, and plucking the white mesh will cause it to unravel if you continue to do so until it is ruined. If a thread is hanging off like a hair, use some fine-tip scissors to trim the thread, don't pull it out!

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #1,973 of 3,117
Just became a member of the MS-1 fan club yesterday. I must be a strange one because I have worn them all day at work for 2 days and have not had any problems with comfort. May I also say that they sound wonderful. Got them from a fellow headfier so I don't have to wait for burn-in.

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #1,976 of 3,117
I'm still waiting for my ticket to enter the fan club...
I got an email on last monday that my MS1 were shipped (with Priority Mail and insurance for additional 10$). How long do I have to wait?
Greets
Jonas

Edit: I'm in Europe/Germany.

Mar 31, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #1,977 of 3,117
First time poster here =)

I am considering buying MS1 since I have heard so many good comments about how it handles rock/metal. However, I am curious... I understand they are open phones, but how is sound leakage? I mean... Is it possible to wear them in a bus without disturbing everyone?
smily_headphones1.gif

Other than that, I think I was convinced to buy them....where is the line?

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #1,978 of 3,117
well you know isolation goes in two ways.. in the bus I think you'll get disturbed by motor's noise. And increasing sound volume is dangerous for your ears. I'm not sure if open cans are good choice to be worn outside.

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #1,980 of 3,117
Yesterday I was told to turn down my music while being on the tube.
Leakage Leakage Leakage.
But quality is amazing.
Can someone tell me where to get replacement pads in the UK.
What is the difference between bowls and HD414's ?
Is it so noticeable?
I have looked at the different comparison messages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back