Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 18, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #1,291 of 3,117
Nope; no conformation here either! They just showed up about three days after the card was charged.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #1,292 of 3,117
I'm a little shocked!
Well I've been lurking on this thread for a while and you people finally convinced me to order MS1s. I expected them to take forever to arrive but I got them in 8 days!
The real kicker is that I'm in Canada. The MS1s at 99$ US + shipping included AND I didn't get charged duty!!!! Woohoo.

I just started breaking them in. They already sound perfect! These are my first pair of quality over-ear headphones. I also use in-ear Audio technica CK-7 (they are a dream). I thought the CK7s were good until I slapped on the MS1s !!! Wow. Thanks guys.

Count me in on the MS1 fanclub.

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #1,293 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by newphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My card's been charged, should i be getting an e-mail saying they've shipped like romntorres, or have they shipped already?

hello newphile! first, welcome to head-fi. your choice of the ms-1 is a very good start in the world og great sound indeed. second, alessandro may or may not email you to confirm shipment. the reason they emailed me is that there was an error in a previous order so i just reordered. they emailed me primarily to confirm i got the digits of my credit card correctly and to tell me my 'phones shipped.

watch out for your wallet, man
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #1,294 of 3,117
Got them wednesday afternoon, so far i've listened to just TOOL and A Perfect Circle. Unfortunately, the best sound sources i have is listening to the cds on an old cd player and an xbox. My computer is at my sis's school b/c her laptop died. I'll be getting mine back in about 2 weeks. I'm definitely noticing how the whole spectrum of frequencies is better than the px100s, noticing enunciations of vocals i've never heard before, deeper and clearer bass, highs that linger instead of cut off. I'm a little underwhelmed probably b/c of the sources i'm listening from. They should sound lil better on a soundblaser live i hope. Most likely keeping them.

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #1,296 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I keep my ldm+ with Ms1 or Sell the ldm+ away ?

Sell only if the money from the sale going towards an upgrade
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #1,297 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by roboboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell only if the money from the sale going towards an upgrade
biggrin.gif

x2
damn this curse!
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #1,300 of 3,117
I am going to find job now so I can get an amp to further appreciate my ms-1s.

I just filled out an application to sweet tomatoes where my friend works. Hoping he can get me in.

A few weeks of working and I should be able to afford a decent amp.

but here's the question. Are there any decent amps for home use (like a desktop amp) for around $200-300?

Apr 21, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #1,301 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to find job now so I can get an amp to further appreciate my ms-1s.

I just filled out an application to sweet tomatoes where my friend works. Hoping he can get me in.

A few weeks of working and I should be able to afford a decent amp.

but here's the question. Are there any decent amps for home use (like a desktop amp) for around $200-300?

One of my favorites in an amp at that price....and there are more "good" amps at that price than there are phones....is the Gilmore Lite. Like I say; there are tons of amp choices out there, but this one has gotten my attention and just won't let go even though I've been looking at lots of different amps over the last few months.

I like it for some silly reasons...it matches the looks of my MS2i, it's made in the USA and it uses discrete transistors rather than ICs. Silly; huh.

I like it for some better ones too. It comes with an inexpensive wal-wart power supply, but can be upgraded later with its own dedicated power supply. It's a very neutral sounding amp which adds very little of it's own sound to the phones. And it works well with both high and low impedance phones so that both my MS2i and HD600 will be very happy.

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #1,302 of 3,117
After waiting for more than a month since ordering my MS-1's, and 24 days since the money was withdrawn from my account, I had more or less lost hope of ever receiving mine, but today I finally got them; seems the delay was due to the Swedish customs getting hold of them (had to pay 250 SEK, which is about $35, in fees).

Gave them to my GF to try out and she immidiately started tapping her feet and wailing along to Patrick Wolf; this was both cute and a little off key... Still, I think she knows more about good sound than she lets on!

My plan was to shorten the cord and use these as portable phones (my DT-880's has got home listening covered), but as I live in a major (by Swedish standards), and therefore noisy, city and these leak lots of sound (both in and out), I may have to reserv them for applications such as "long walks in the woods" and "a lazy day in the park". As good as these sound, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #1,303 of 3,117
Well after a week or more with these phones I have to say that I like them far more than when I got them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Seems to take me a little time to understand and hear the differences between phones. It was the same way with my Portapros, I initially didn't notice much of a difference between them and my Phillips ear buds, but after a week the difference was clear.
biggrin.gif
Now after spending some time with my MS-1s the difference is once again clear, the MS-1s are much better. I didn't realize how boomy, and how hidden the background was on the PPs. To me the MS-1s still seems less visceral with less soundstage than the PPs, but the sound quality, detail, and musicality cannot be denied.

I found the vinyl band to be uncomfortable on my head after a few days, so I ordered a DT770 headband to add on. That should be here sometime between now and a couple days. I've been using a washcloth wrapped around the band for a week now, it looks hideous, but it helps the comfort.

Yesterday I noticed some buzzing and scratchy noise that was irritating. I thought it was my amp initially since I occasionally have to give the plugs a wiggle. It ended up being the cheap coiled/springy headphone extension going from my soundcard to my amp! So now I have a Belkin cable (back)ordered. I know it probably won't be all super high and mighty as some of the expensive cables, but it is shielded so it should be better than my previous cable. (and won't cost an arm and a leg)

And of course all of the above has me thinking "hmmm, maybe I should get a better amp? I bet a Dynalo would be nice." My PA2v2 isn't a bad amp, but its light and I would probably be better off with something heavier and more substantial at my desk.

I'm also tired and haven't been getting much sleep. Every night before bed I decide, to listen to a song or two, and that eventually tuns into several albums
biggrin.gif
I just can't get enough Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, or the new Beatles Love album (sounds fantastic, my favorite Beatles album).

Damn this bug! <shakes fist>
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #1,304 of 3,117
3000smile.gif
First time my Camera Shy Ms1 is being shot down.Sorry for my phototaking skills :p

Well i got some paddings from a old & spoilt headphone. Decided to make my own pads for it , very easy process using super glue i sticked the modded comfies to the pad .

Any Suggestions to improve ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back