Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 25, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #1,308 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh. I just read your other response.

So, after a month with the MS-1s, I wonder what the MS-2is sound like. If only
I could figure out how to search....

I started thinking about it after 1 week..
And I've made up my mind to get those metal cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #1,309 of 3,117
Mine were shipped yesterday. Do they send a tracking number?

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #1,310 of 3,117
They didn't give me a tracking number but I received them 2 days after they shipped.

PA to OR in 2 days is pretty good.

My guess is if you're in the states you'll get them pretty quick so don't worry!

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #1,311 of 3,117
Arrived an hour ago. 15 mins on the Iriver trying every type of music. Then I decided to hook them up the old fashioned way. Put the Beatles Love CD in the player hooked them to my Onkyo receiver and Woo nellie! I was immersed in Wonderfull sound. These are the real deal. And I still can look forward to breaking them in. BTW, much lighter than I expected. Very comfortable. I will enjoy them for a while , then try the famous Hd414 pads and also a small portable amp before summer. thanks all for the great advice found on this forum. This is truly budget Hi-Fi.

Apr 25, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #1,312 of 3,117
I impulsively ordered the MS-1's yesterday and look forward to receiving them. It looks like they are in stock (fingers crossed) from what I gather from the recent posts above. I figured, $99 bucks, what the heck. I can always sell them if they are not my cup of tea.

I recently got the SR-60's, put on some bowl pads I had, and am running them out of my computer soundcard. They sound surprisingly good, but a tad too forward for my tastes. I expect that the MS-1 will be a little more laid back.

In the meantime, I will just have to make do with my measly MS-Pro's in my home rig.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #1,313 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parisis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put the Beatles Love CD in the player hooked them to my Onkyo receiver and Woo nellie! I was immersed in Wonderfull sound. These are the real deal. And I still can look forward to breaking them in. BTW, much lighter than I expected. Very comfortable. I will enjoy them for a while , then try the famous Hd414 pads and also a small portable amp before summer. thanks all for the great advice found on this forum. This is truly budget Hi-Fi.

Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah! Yes indeed! One of my new favorite CDs is the Beatles "Love" album! If it had grooves, it'd be worn out by now!

Sounds great through my Alessandros and Onkyo receiver as well!

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #1,314 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parisis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put the Beatles Love CD in the player hooked them to my Onkyo receiver and Woo nellie! I was immersed in Wonderfull sound. These are the real deal. And I still can look forward to breaking them in. BTW, much lighter than I expected. Very comfortable. I will enjoy them for a while , then try the famous Hd414 pads and also a small portable amp before summer. thanks all for the great advice found on this forum. This is truly budget Hi-Fi.

Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah! Yes indeed! One of my new favorite CDs is the Beatles "Love" album! If it had grooves, it'd be worn out by now!

Sounds great through my Alessandros and Onkyo receiver as well!

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #1,315 of 3,117
Did you get the set with the DVD. The Dolby digital is unbelievable. I do listen to the CD/Mp3s more though. That and Dire Straits Live Cd were the first through the MS1's.
BTW for above poster. Ordered last Friday afternoon . Big Brown dropped them off today.

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #1,316 of 3,117
No; I didn't get the one with the DVD, almost wish I would have though. I was almost afraid of listening through the main speaker system in surround and being spoiled!!

Thankfully it does sound great through the phones!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #1,317 of 3,117
Hmm.. I ordered mine a week ago and still haven't had the money from my account deducted yet. Would it make a difference that I live in the UK? Actually, I haven't received a confirmation email of the order either - I seem to remember that being an option :s.

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #1,318 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by KPeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. I ordered mine a week ago and still haven't had the money from my account deducted yet. Would it make a difference that I live in the UK? Actually, I haven't received a confirmation email of the order either - I seem to remember that being an option :s.

i don't think they automatically give you a confirmation email. you email them asking about the status of your order and then you might get a confirmation email.

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #1,319 of 3,117
i think after all this time...i've decided that i love the flats way more than the bowls. i love the full sound that the flats deliver and the bass impact that they deliver. i enjoyed the bowls as well, but not as much. the bowls provide more of a soundstage and gives more air to the music. the hd414's were an in betweener and my comfies are just the last pair of pads i would reach for!

so for all those deciding on pads i hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back