Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 7, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #1,231 of 3,117
So lately I've been happily listening to my KSC75s and they are about the cleanest sounding headphones I have right now. I've always been curious about the MS-1s because I've read on here that they have a similar sound to the KSC75s. I would like to have something a little higher end for home use but if I bought MS1s would I say to myself:

"Damn these sound so much better than the KSC75!"

or

"Damn the KSC75 sounds so good for how cheap it is!"

Because I'm happy with both responses but if it's the latter I will probably not buy a pair of MS1s haha.

Apr 7, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #1,232 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So lately I've been happily listening to my KSC75s and they are about the cleanest sounding headphones I have right now. I've always been curious about the MS-1s because I've read on here that they have a similar sound to the KSC75s. I would like to have something a little higher end for home use but if I bought MS1s would I say to myself:

"Damn these sound so much better than the KSC75!"

or

"Damn the KSC75 sounds so good for how cheap it is!"

Because I'm happy with both responses but if it's the latter I will probably not buy a pair of MS1s haha.

you will say both. the ms-1's will sound much better, but the ksc75's will always be so great for how cheap they are.

Apr 7, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #1,233 of 3,117
Ok. Here's the deal guys. Be careful when you unpack your new MS-1s. George packs a really nasty upgraditus bug in each pizza box, either that or they infest it from his house or something, but they are nasty little critters that go straight for your wallet!

Just be cautious.

Apr 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #1,237 of 3,117
I... can't... put it... down!!!

my ms1 is the newest member to the family. and the new one always gets the most attention.

I might be picking up some new pads for them soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #1,240 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering getting a portable amp. How does the MS-1 SQ benefit from amplification?

An amp helps! It's really quite good without one, but it does help when one is added. Just makes them seem "Bigger" and a bit better defined on my system.

Good stuff indeed!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #1,241 of 3,117
Hello, ak40ozKevin you won't be dissapointed with the MS1's they rock dude, you'll love them right from the start. I did the HD414 quarter mod I prefer the sound to the stock comfies. They do sound good with an amp, but they also sound great unamped. Do buy them you won't regret it.
cool.gif
Oh and like F107plus5 said be carefull of that upgraditus bug you better go and buy some of that spray before you order the MS1's.
icon10.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #1,242 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok. Here's the deal guys. Be careful when you unpack your new MS-1s. George packs a really nasty upgraditus bug in each pizza box, either that or they infest it from his house or something, but they are nasty little critters that go straight for your wallet!

Just be cautious.

Ahhh, but the upgraditus critterusopidea will be in for quite a surprise when they find not cash, but a gaping vacuum when they sneak over to my wallet! If by some chance they actually do find some money they will have to enter into a fight to the death with my expert kung-fu grip and secret knowledge of the five point exploding heart technique!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

On a more serious note it took me 8 months to actually click the 'buy' button, and I suspect my headphone journey will end here.

[size=xx-small]at least I hope so....[/size]

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #1,244 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushimoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, ak40ozKevin you won't be dissapointed with the MS1's they rock dude, you'll love them right from the start. I did the HD414 quarter mod I prefer the sound to the stock comfies. They do sound good with an amp, but they also sound great unamped. Do buy them you won't regret it.
cool.gif
Oh and like F107plus5 said be carefull of that upgraditus bug you better go and buy some of that spray before you order the MS1's.
icon10.gif

Ok I'll be careful. I think I've narrowed down to what I will be happy with to:

A tiny portable amp
KSC75
UM1 (for when isolation is needed)
MS1

I'm no baller but I do have a need for different styles of headphones and I just want one nice pair of full sized phones for at home. From what I've read it sounds like the MS1s are affordable and high quality. It's really hard not to buy stuff when you just want to know how it sounds. I'm going to wait until next paycheck to buy the MS1s as to make the dent in my wallet look smaller.

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #1,245 of 3,117
Ordered mine last Wednesday from a store across the continent, shipped on Thursday, it will be holidays until tuesday, seriously can't wait :p , will be so annoyed if they don't come on tuesday.

.......waits..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back