Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Mar 24, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #1,201 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
forgive me my ms1 brothers. i thought of getting rid of my precious ms1
frown.gif

Oh no! Say it isn't so!

Well; I'm sure the new cans will certainly be a worthy successor decided upon by hours of web searching and soul searching as well.

We all must move on, it's the nature of the beast.

Striving! Ever striving for perfection! Onward, ever onward! Into the arms of uncertanty without flinching, ever looking higher and higher! Undaunted by the....

...you know what I mean.
plainface.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #1,202 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkoulban /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my MS-1s. The bang for the buck is amazing. They are also better than the equivalent Grado 125s, the Alessandros are set up for musicians and are a lot more neutral sounding yet still are dynamic. I have tried the Senn 414 pad mods, including cutting out a hole, I always go back to stock comfies. What I don't mind is using the bowl pads from the more expensive Grados and taping the perimiter so that you get more bass.

I have compared the MS1s to the MS Pros and there is not that much between them. Sure the Pros are better of course (more of everthing especially detail) but it's a case of diminshing returns. If you are on a budget MS1s with some pad mods, an affordable headphone amp like an Original Master, a decent source like a Fubar II USB DAC (assuming that you are using a computer as a source via ASIO and Foobar) and decent interconnects... well the results are stunning for the price.

Spending loads more money will give you some more detail, soundstage, bass and treble.. all good but again major diminishing returns. I suppose if you must have the best... keep spending, otherwise a well thought out MS1 rig is killer.

lambda.gif

great post! i was thinking it would be like that but everyone seems to make things seem to be out worldly.

also on another note i just want to state that i have met someone who is convinced that the ms1 is a rebadged sr60
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #1,203 of 3,117
Quick update for anyone waiting for Alessandros. MS-1s still on backorder - they said they're hopeful for within the week but they didn't seem to have a firm grasp on when they might be getting them in.

Mar 31, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #1,205 of 3,117
Just to let it be known, I received my MS1's yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed, good little cans. I'm now a member of the MS1 fan club. They're very comfortable to wear and to me non fatiguing to listen to for long periods. I did a bunch of research before I purchased them and I'm glad I bought them. I listened to them all night last night, and a better part of today. I want to thank all the people here in this thread for the good info posted, anybody else interested in buying these cans won't be disappointed....good choice!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #1,206 of 3,117
Glad to hear you like them! There's always the fear that our excitement will rub off onto someone and they won't be happy with them!

*whew*

Mar 31, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #1,207 of 3,117
I just finished doing the quarter mod on the hd414 earpads, sounds sweeeeet, I like it.
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #1,208 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushimoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just finished doing the quarter mod on the hd414 earpads, sounds sweeeeet, I like it.
biggrin.gif

Yup; I'm a great fan of the 414s on my MS-1s as well! I like the stability I get with the reversed and modded 414s with my particular ear size! Even the most violent head-bobbing won't toss them off!

....well; maybe the MOST violent!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, I forgot to mention: Welcome to the club!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #1,209 of 3,117
Congrats. Enjoy!

I love how the MS-1's make so much of my music collection feel lively and direct. There are still a few CDs that I haven't tried on them yet, believe it or not. I got my pair in October, 2004.

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #1,210 of 3,117
I just got mine today! (I burned them in for about three hours.)

This is the first Grado product I've ever heard.

My two initial thoughts?

1. I am not fiddling with fit, EQ, comparisons with other headphones or anything else. I'm just sitting here listening to music and enjoying myself. For hours now.

2. I can hear myself sing no matter how loud they are. Yeah!!
redface.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #1,211 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghoti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine today! (I burned them in for about three hours.)

This is the first Grado product I've ever heard.

My two initial thoughts?

1. I am not fiddling with fit, EQ, comparisons with other headphones or anything else. I'm just sitting here listening to music and enjoying myself. For hours now.

2. I can hear myself sing no matter how loud they are. Yeah!!
redface.gif

Are you tempted by the MS-2i yet? I have the MS-1 for close to 2+ weeks now...and I'm so tempted by the MS-2i..... Gotta resist, else I'll be killed by the missus...

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #1,212 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you tempted by the MS-2i yet? I have the MS-1 for close to 2+ weeks now...and I'm so tempted by the MS-2i..... Gotta resist, else I'll be killed by the missus...

LOL. Aaaargh! I've had these for a few hours!

I will get some bowls, though.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #1,215 of 3,117
The HD414's are so comfortable I hardly notice I'm wearing them, though I did'nt really think the comfies were all that uncomfortable. I am eventually going to have to put some cushion on the headband, thats the only thing I found annoying.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back