Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Apr 3, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #1,217 of 3,117
I know what bowls and hd414's earpads are, but when you guys talk about flats or comfies I'm a little confused. What exactly is it that comes with the MS1's stock - "comfies" right? Or are flats and comfies one in the same?
confused.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #1,218 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushimoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what bowls and hd414's earpads are, but when you guys talk about flats or comfies I'm a little confused. What exactly is it that comes with the MS1's stock - "comfies" right? Or are flats and comfies one in the same?
confused.gif

comfies come with the ms-1's. flats are what used to come with grados. they are thinner than comfies and bring the drivers closer to the ears, and are less "comfy"
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #1,219 of 3,117
Hi Everybody

After many hours reading and reading about them I decided to order them and today arrived. Were ordered the 3/28/2007 and received today in Spain, so, not too bad.
I have still no opinion about them as still haven't had time yet to fully test them. I am doing it right now.
rs1smile.gif
Good impressions at the moment. As these are the 1st Grado/Alessandro headphones I have put my hands on, I'll compare them to my good-and-burnt Senns HD595 and see how they complement for my tastes.

Will come back with more about them with a few more listening hours....

I'm like a kid with new shoes
cool.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #1,220 of 3,117
Thanks for clearing that up for me Souperman, kinda a silly question.
blink.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #1,221 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone get hit with customs outside of USA? Does Alessandro ship via USPS?

Nope. I'm in New Zealand and no custom's problems (I think). It did take over a month to arrive though... Have no idea how they ship though sorry. You should email them.

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #1,222 of 3,117
i'm hoping to hear the differences for myself at the meet, but i suspect a lot of the reason that people around here talk up the ms1s as opposed to the sr80s is, at least in part, due to bitterness over the fact that grados are so difficult to get outside of the states

Apr 4, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #1,223 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Design /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm hoping to hear the differences for myself at the meet, but i suspect a lot of the reason that people around here talk up the ms1s as opposed to the sr80s is, at least in part, due to bitterness over the fact that grados are so difficult to get outside of the states

not true. this is coming from a new yorker. I've heard the MS-1 and SR80 side to side. The difference is there and the SR-80 don't sound as good. Although I cannot hear the difference between the SR60 and SR80.

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #1,225 of 3,117
I also have a bit of a noobish question. How's the bass and soundstage on these things?
I'm considering getting them as a new all-around pair of cans, and I want a fair amount of "oomph" to my sound.
Also, how do they respond to amplification, and how much do they need/want to perform their best?
One more thing, I heard that these have little to no soundstage. Is this true?

Apr 4, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #1,226 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have a bit of a noobish question. How's the bass and soundstage on these things?
I'm considering getting them as a new all-around pair of cans, and I want a fair amount of "oomph" to my sound.
Also, how do they respond to amplification, and how much do they need/want to perform their best?

I don't have much to compare them to, but I found putting the "Bowl" pads on greatly improved the soundstage over the stock "comfy" pads the MS-1's come with. But I will say the Bowl pads decreased the base that the comfy pads give, so it's a bit of a trade off...

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #1,227 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuan209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys,

I new to all the these modding things, and I am considering the MS1. What are these HD414 mods people are talking about? And how can I do this mod? Sorry for the noob question.

Tuan

Hi Tuan, to answer your question on the HD414 reverse quarter mod - they are Sennheiser HD414 earpads with a quarter sized hole cut out on the "flat part of the earpad", then you reverse install them onto your MS1's, very comfie and sounds better IMHO. Hope that helps, you can also do a search and find out other mods. Have fun!

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #1,228 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aar0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not true. It's not huge, nothing like my K501s, but it is there. However, good luck trying to get a all around can with huge soundstage. Personally, I prefer the MS-1s over the K501s except for symphonic stuff.

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #1,230 of 3,117
I am here.

<actually the above sounds kinda creepy
very_evil_smiley.gif
>

After a great deal of hesitation I placed an order for a pair of MS-1s yesterday. I can't wait to get them in my grubby little hands
icon10.gif
They ought to be a great upgrade from my Portapros. Now all I have to do is get myself a couple sets of 414s and I'll be all set.

I can't wait to officially join the club!
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back