Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 26, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #961 of 3,117
I think congratz are in order!!
icon10.gif

Glad to hear you finally got them. I really really hope you like 'em after all that waiting. Well, I'm sure you will. Think it this way, if it's this good it's worth the wait
rs1smile.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #962 of 3,117
yeah, i am glad
smily_headphones1.gif

sounding good
smily_headphones1.gif
but i have to get them used to drum'n'bass (that's my favorite musikstyle)
they already sound great, can't wait to hear them as they're little bit used
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: well after 2 day listening experience i can say these headphones are worth their money.
excellent sound, best i experienced so far, even though i got much more expensive ones on my ears.
i just thought about modding them with as example hd 414 pads. what increases do i have to expect? is it wise to cut a hole into them?

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #965 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmmm... How do you think the Headfive would go wit the MS1?

Very well indeed - it's what I use. Somewhere around page 21 or so I give a long and detailed account of my system.

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #966 of 3,117
I'm just about convinced that I should order these...I guess they would be a GIANT step up from my AKG k24p that I'm currently using. Listen to almost all kinds of music, but mostly Depeche Mode, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, Crimson Glory, Motorhead, Placebo, The Smiths and Morrissey. Just noticed that Alessandro is offering an 25% discount at the moment...hmmm $75...
If only my V-Moda Vibes would arrive first, I'd hate to be waiting for 2 sets of h-phones.

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #967 of 3,117
If only the Alessandro web site were as good as their products.
frown.gif

The 25% discount unfortunately doesn't apply to their headphones.

....I would have appreciated it if it were the case too!
plainface.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #968 of 3,117
Quote:

Yes, I can also recommend this combo. A bit warm H5 compliments the Gradoish sound of alessandro's. It gives a bit more bass, the amount I mean, which might be MS-1's weak point for some. MS-1s are pretty easy to drive anyway so the difference isn't necessarily that big, but I easily prefer H5 over my Marantz AV-amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #969 of 3,117
Aaarrrggghhh...as always when I want something too much I forget to read the small print
frown.gif
Well, just got home from work and what do I see waiting for me...My new Vibes! Think I'll enjoy them for a few weeks and then...might even get someone to buy them for my birthday at the end of february, wishful thinking...

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #970 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i am glad
smily_headphones1.gif

sounding good
smily_headphones1.gif
but i have to get them used to drum'n'bass (that's my favorite musikstyle)
they already sound great, can't wait to hear them as they're little bit used
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: well after 2 day listening experience i can say these headphones are worth their money.
excellent sound, best i experienced so far, even though i got much more expensive ones on my ears.
i just thought about modding them with as example hd 414 pads. what increases do i have to expect? is it wise to cut a hole into them?

I modded mine with reversed quartermodded hd414s, seems to have a bit larger soundstage, but not soo much difference. But i have to say, that my ms1s are not burned in very long so far, so it could change a bit with time.

Although shipping took so long there's one advantage here in germany, we get the hd414 pads in nearly every electro-store for a few euros, so at least one thing you can be lucky about.
icon10.gif

But it's nive to read, that you got your ms1 after this odysee
lambda.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #971 of 3,117
Quote:

Amazingly! I now cannot stand to listen to my MS-1s with my LDM+ portably. Headfive adds amazing synergy, and makes the MS-1 far more interesting.

(imo, of course)

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #972 of 3,117
Wow.... Seems the headfive is a good partner!

I geuss there's kinda no point getting an amp for the MS1, coz they sound ok without... And people say they don't really improve enough with one anyway..

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #973 of 3,117
Definition of bummer: I just got my MS-1s today (3 day shipping for free!) and I don't have a single component in the house with a 1/4" headphone jack.

Crap.

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #974 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Traddad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definition of bummer: I just got my MS-1s today (3 day shipping for free!) and I don't have a single component in the house with a 1/4" headphone jack.

Crap.

Lolz. You should have got the smaller one
biggrin.gif

I guess you'll have to buy an adaptor.

Feb 1, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #975 of 3,117
I just received a new pair of MS-1 phones yesterday. If this is not the best sounding pair of headphones for under $100, I'd like to know what is. I'm blown away at how good they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back