Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jul 1, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #2,028 of 3,117
There is only one type of bowl pads for the Grado/Alessandro headphones as far as I know. Pads are a preference, so it's really for you to decide which one suits you. The HD414, to me, sound better and are more comfortable than the stock comfies but the bowls are superior in terms of sound. Not a groundbreaking difference but it's noticeble and I wouldn't part with my bowls any time soon.

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #2,032 of 3,117
the ms1s are a little hard and dry sounding at first but still good out of the box. Just give them around 10 hours or so then start enjoying them. They only change a little after the short initial burst of usage.

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #2,033 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ms1s are a little hard and dry sounding at first but still good out of the box. Just give them around 10 hours or so then start enjoying them. They only change a little after the short initial burst of usage.

I wasn't asking if they needed to be burned in. That question was already answered. I was wondering if i should cut up holes for the pads. Another thing, how do i connect the headphones to my computer? My MS-1 only came with the 1/4" cable. Do i need to get the mini-plug?

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #2,034 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by magma_saber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should i cut up holes at the earcups for the replacement senn hd414 pads? If so, can someone post pics of how it should look like"?

You have to cut an hole on the closed part of the pad, the one you would put on your ear if you had a pair of hd414, about the size of a large coin, then you may mount the pads reversed, fitting the cups of your ms1 in the hole you cut, so that your ears will sit on the ones already present in the pads...an image will be better than 1000 words, those are my phones
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #2,039 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
order a set of wood cups and rod tips from headcoverage and awaiting shipment to arrive and mod the MS1.

I did the headcoverage woodies on my APS recabled HF-1, and the woodies really richened up the sound and fixed some midrange suckout too. Let me know what they do for your MS-1, because my son would like his MS-1 woodied too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back