Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread.
Sep 5, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #61 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the mod. Seems like you went all out, haha.

Well, while I was at it, it only made sense!
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct, and that makes them even louder for others. Consequently, they aren't exactly the most wife-friendly cans when being worn in bed.

I hadn't thought of that so it is a good thing that I am giving these to her....LOL!

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #62 of 112
Another MS1000i has been born:

Clipboard01.jpg

They saw daylight last fridaynight and so far, I'm really loving them! Right now, I'm vastly preferring them to my other headphones (including my deep darths).
I still can't believe <€150 can do this, really stunning!

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #63 of 112
what would be the best way to get distancers in canada (ON specifically)
I really want to try this out so that I can have quality headphones with my iPod/laptop while at university

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #66 of 112
Really agile, the headfi MS1K subculture.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #67 of 112
Another pair has been born here as well. Not sure if my placement of distancer is right in the centre though....don't have time to try them out seriously yet, but putting them on for a couple minutes (other than soundstage hugely increased), the rest of the tones sound so different...(in a strange way0I'm not sure if I made them right. I can't exactly explain how it is either, since I'm still new and with all these new diction....it's still not incorporated in my lexicon yet :S

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #69 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by gknix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the rest of the tones sound so different...(in a strange way I'm not sure if I made them right.

Obviously not. You get such a deformed tonal balance when diameter and/or length are out of values mentioned in post #1 of the MS1K thread. Especially diameter is crucial.

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #70 of 112
Nico,

I just gave it more of a listen again last night for an hour or so, and the distancers were provided by apatN ..(didn't check the diameters but they should be right!) and it turns out that I just wasn't used to the somewhat new added sonic differences with those distancers! I'm going to try them again later today, but I believe...they were actually a lot better now :p I had to give it a better listen. I was actually more afraid that my distancers were placed off centered.

Will update on this!

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #71 of 112
Quote:

the distancers were provided by apatN ..(didn't check the diameters but they should be right!)

Guess so!!
tongue.gif

Maybe a bad day. I also have such days from time to time, when everything sounds like crap. I switch the music off and read a book then.

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #72 of 112
So, out of curiosity, how much does an average one of these set you back?

I always go terribly over budget on projects like these, so I'd be interested in knowing what the real costs were for some of you!

There should be a warning before this thread. The pics are so beautiful, that I feel the need to make one for myself...

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #73 of 112
The pads cost 45$ + shipping, and the distancers are in the 30ish region (exact amount & currency depends from the one who builds them).

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #74 of 112
Quote:

Btw, Zephoku, what did you do with that headband!? Looks very comfy!

I stuck a piece of foam on the headband, and wrapped/sewed a fabric over it.
I hate the stock headband. It helps a lot.

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #75 of 112
Ok, actually the music sounds great after further testing! I love this damn M-1K

I'm still figuring out the felt configuration, but I used Nickchen's config so that it sounds like the MS-Ultimate, with 2 pieces of kitchen felt on the driver, and 3 pieces of kitchen felt on the distancers(top).

Here are some pictures...Not very pretty though.

*Felt and Distancers provided by apatN. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back