AKG K701 / K702 / Q701 - Member's AMP/DAC pairing list
Dec 15, 2011 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

atl5

Head-Fier
Don't think this has been done, so I want to start it since I recently got a K702.  Want to know what members of this forum are using currently with their x70x so that newbies like myself or other's looking to upgrade can see what is available and work best.  What I would like is a reply with what AMP/DAC combination you are using at the moment with your AKG and if you want, a short description of the good/bad about the pairing and I will add it to the list. 

Myself, I'm looking to upgrade, currently using a PA2v2 myself. It is decent but for sure not enough juice to power some of my songs with more 'thump'. Vibrant thing by Q-Tip, was a tester, it was kinda flat.  Looking at E9 as a budget one or M-Stage next.

List

atl5 - K702 with PA2v2

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 2
I run my 701's through a Schiit Modi DAC, and a Schiit Vali tube/hybrid amp.  The Modi is connected to my Mac with a StraightWire USB cable ($15-$20) and then connected to my Vali with StraightWire RCA cables ($15-$20).  I use an aftermarket silver coated, copper, braided cable that I picked up from an engineering friend instead of the stock AKG cable.  I couldn't be happier with this set-up and I don't think I'll be making any changes in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back