AKG K701 for gaming?
Apr 23, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Sounds like you should get the Amp first and see how that helps your DT770s. Then, decide on a headphone afterwards (with the Amp already out of the way).

Yeah I agree. I think this is what I'm gonna do. I've always wanted an amp anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going for the Little dot MK2. Seems like a good entry level, and I hear that the tube amps are better for spacial effects and soundstage, as well as enhancing the "warm" feel. Anyone have experience with this amp and gaming?

Apr 24, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by xformulax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the k701/2 is just a "better" ad700.... it does everything the ad700 does, as good or better, and this is all just with the mixamp, i have yet to experience the k70x with a proper amp.

as it stands, unamped, you're better off with just getting the ad700, as it is almost as good for gaming unamped and is quite a bit cheaper... music is another discussion though.

also, there are really two types of gamers. Myself, i'm 95% online, FPS... where as mad lust envy is 95% offline, since he doesnt even have xbl gold anymore
biggrin.gif

if you're the online type, you dont want something bassy, the ad700 is the perfect can.... if you're the immersed single player type, you definitely want a more "fun" can like the 770/880/etc, because situation awareness is really not needed at all... computer AI in any game isnt good enough (yet) to really even worry about soundstage or positioning.... really i'd save some money and not even buy any beyers and just get some M50's or something.

HEEEY, screw you!
ph34r.gif

I just got tired of paying for online gaming where I was barely playing them after getting fed up with CoD4 and MW2.
frown.gif

But you're right, the AD700s are the best choice considering everything they do RIGHT.

If you happen to already own the DT880s, they are better than the AD700s, as well as more exciting, but I wouldn't advise on upgrading to the DT880 for gaming unless you're like me, and found the AD700s too damn uncomfortable. Had it not been for that discomfort, the AD700s would still be with me today.

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsears31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I agree. I think this is what I'm gonna do. I've always wanted an amp anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going for the Little dot MK2. Seems like a good entry level, and I hear that the tube amps are better for spacial effects and soundstage, as well as enhancing the "warm" feel. Anyone have experience with this amp and gaming?

Tubes give weight & fleshes out characters & weapons in games.. Bullets sound more visceral..I remember firing rounds in walls in awe. Guns seem to feel 'heavy.' To me, tube amp plus DH 5.1 plus DT880/MDR F1/AD700/K280/K290 is the most 3D, realistic & immerse experience you can get without spending 2-4 grand on gear that gives you a more bi aural effect.

But, to be fair my tube amp & DAC cost me 1,300.. So your experience may vary.

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tubes give weight & fleshes out characters & weapons in games.. Bullets sound more visceral..I remember firing rounds in walls in awe. Guns seem to feel 'heavy.' To me, tube amp plus DH 5.1 plus DT880/MDR F1/AD700/K280/K290 is the most 3D, realistic & immerse experience you can get without spending 2-4 grand on gear that gives you a more bi aural effect.

But, to be fair my tube amp & DAC cost me 1,300.. So your experience may vary.

I'll try this when my Tube Amp comes in... should be fun with the HPX.

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. Let us know. For the record mine was a Bada12 hybrid.

I'm starting at the bottom... Little Dot I+ Hybrid. I probably won't upgrade till I get a dedicated listening station (away from the PC)... then I'll take a good HARD look at the Woo Audio stuff... 'cause they're so dang Sexy! ...and if people are going to see my listening station... it's gotta have sex appeal too!
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #39 of 40
Well, I went ahead and bought the Little Dot MK 2 off of Ebay today (thanks to davidzhezhe for the awesome customer service!). It'll be my first amp, which should be pretty sweet.

I'm gonna check it out with my Beyerdynamic dt770pros first, then most likely move up to the dt880 premiums. I think I'm gonna stick with the 250ohm version. Anyone have experience with comparing the 250 ohm and the 600ohm versions with this specific amp?

Anyway, wish me luck and thanks for all of the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back