AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!!
Dec 30, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #2,251 of 2,435
Hello. I just own a k612 pro's and i must to say that the sound is really good but i have a very annoying issue and i wan't to ask you guys (who owned thoes) if you'r pairs are the same. So basicaly everytime then i move my head i can hear in right earphone that something is moving inside so it makes this annoying sound which i can't stand and right now i dont know if this normall and every pair have this, or i just mine and i should replace them ?

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,252 of 2,435
It shouldn't be making a sound like that when you move your head, so it sounds like you have a faulty headphone. I hope you can get it exchanged, because the K612 is such a fantastic headphone, a budget cross between K702 and HD600. Good luck!

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #2,253 of 2,435
  Hello. I just own a k612 pro's and i must to say that the sound is really good but i have a very annoying issue and i wan't to ask you guys (who owned thoes) if you'r pairs are the same. So basicaly everytime then i move my head i can hear in right earphone that something is moving inside so it makes this annoying sound which i can't stand and right now i dont know if this normall and every pair have this, or i just mine and i should replace them ?

i had the same problem, the screws of the driver was loose, i open them up and tighten the screws and that was it

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #2,256 of 2,435
Buy a powerful amp - K612s are tricky to drive. I recommend sth. like Aune B1.

Or perhaps Cayin C5, which can even drive them on low gain setting! Depends whether you like the combination in terms of sound quality synergy. The C5 is probably the best value at the moment. It has been mentioned alongside the A5 and compared somewhere in the massive thread on the Cayin C5, portable powerhouse

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,257 of 2,435
Or perhaps Cayin C5, which can even drive them on low gain setting! Depends whether you like the combination in terms of sound quality synergy. The C5 is probably the best value at the moment. It has been mentioned alongside the A5 and compared somewhere in the massive thread on the Cayin C5, portable powerhouse

I'm digging Fiio product and synergy is important. I wanted to pair a Fiio amp with my x3ii. And -if I'm not mistaken- C5 and A5 were quite equal for power (?)
  Buy a powerful amp - K612s are tricky to drive. I recommend sth. like Aune B1.

Out of budget.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #2,258 of 2,435
I'm digging Fiio product and synergy is important. I wanted to pair a Fiio amp with my x3ii. And -if I'm not mistaken- C5 and A5 were quite equal for power (?)
Out of budget.

Aune B1 also tricky to buy in the UK because on Amazon the Chinese sellers are still only offering the 2015 version, which at £139 is very expensive. No wonder lots of people opt for the Cayin C5 at £109 which can be delivered the next day (and has more power plus a similarly slightly warm sound signature).

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #2,259 of 2,435
I do have Fiio X3ii and AKG K601, and can get a decent,acceptable(normal?) level and excellent quality signal to listen to,but if your looking for something loud..you may want something else.

Thanks for this information. I have an iPod classic 160 Gb which is five years old and I enjoy the sound even with a little Topping Nx-1 on high gain setting via LOD L9. I don't want to listen at high volume so I am pleased with the quality. I am considering buying the Fiio X3ii and hope that I am correct in assuming that it would provide similar volume but possibly with better quality than my iPod because the Fiio x3ii probably has a better DAC than the iPod?

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,260 of 2,435
Thanks for this information. I have an iPod classic 160 Gb which is five years old and I enjoy the sound even with a little Topping Nx-1 on high gain setting via LOD L9. I don't want to listen at high volume so I am pleased with the quality. I am considering buying the Fiio X3ii and hope that I am correct in assuming that it would provide similar volume but possibly with better quality than my iPod because the Fiio x3ii probably has a better DAC than the iPod?

Fiio X3-II is a very beatiful player with reasonably juice for most of the headphones. It drives even my AKG K612 to really decent levels. Not godlike, but fine. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #2,261 of 2,435
Fiio X3-II is a very beatiful player with reasonably juice for most of the headphones. It drives even my AKG K612 to really decent levels. Not godlike, but fine. 

Thank you so much for confirming that! You have saved me at least £100 which would have gone on a more powerful amp and which I can now put towards an X3II. Just waiting to see whether or when the price drops now that version iii is out, or soon will be!

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,262 of 2,435
Thank you so much for confirming that! You have saved me at least £100 which would have gone on a more powerful amp and which I can now put towards an X3II. Just waiting to see whether or when the price drops now that version iii is out, or soon will be!

You're welcome :) I'm listening music really loudly maybe because of my musical taste (mostly metal) but X3ii is still doing the job. I'm planning to buy an amp -Fiio A5 probably- as well but I'm just wondering the amp effect on X3ii with K612, not because X3ii is bad, it's wonderful. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,263 of 2,435

What is a better DAC is realy subjective...wich is in itself a subjective opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back