AKG K340 VS $1000 Headphones?
Aug 18, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #47 of 58
  Looks like the akg headphone to get since the k712 and k812 have been a disappointment for me. I will challenge the monster amp requirements and attempt to drive them with my mstage hpa2 classic soon

I picked up a pair recently and I'm running them with an M-Stage HPA-1. While I doubt they're reaching their full potential, they still sound great

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #49 of 58
  Sounds good enough for me. How high does the volume knob go on high gain?

I'd say a bit past 12 o'clock usually. Higher if it's one of those songs you just have to play loud

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #51 of 58
  Thank you for this information, now I know I have to get a k340

I'm sure you'll enjoy them 
dt880smile.png

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #52 of 58
I just traded for a pair myself...in transit should be here tomorrow....

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #53 of 58
Just got mine today......

The elastic is loose,which means I dont get a tight seal around my ears,but when apply a little pressure to the ear cups....wow,these sound really good!

Anyone know how to change out the elastic on these?

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #55 of 58
  I just traded for a pair myself...in transit should be here tomorrow....

Just got mine today......

The elastic is loose,which means I dont get a tight seal around my ears,but when apply a little pressure to the ear cups....wow,these sound really good!

Anyone know how to change out the elastic on these?

I did long ago, a tutorial in Spanish , on how to change the elastics , but I already erased the images of the server where they were published , these days turn up the tutorial,  is easy and fast .
Greetings.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #57 of 58
Hello!

somebody knows it the k340 with (plastic for driver protection) red plastic driver is the balanced version? With grey plastic = bass heavy
with green plastic= Bass light
with black plastic= neutral
with red plastic= balanced?
this is right?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back