AKG K340 Electrostatic Phones
Jan 21, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #736 of 1,184
Oh great to hear that you also liked it! :wink:
Well i was not wrong that its weird but you keep listening to it.

on my living room pair of k340 i got those thick (10-20mm) sheep leather pads from aliexpress. its really a different soundstage because it has a elliptical around the ear hole and no big spacy circular thin pad like on the original pads.

this really changes the space from the center towards the sides. when i press them together the sound squeezes to the center.. its really crazy what difference this makes. the original are "ears on the grills" but super holographic compered to this.. sound is more around you and the pads are comfortable as hell :wink:)

put i should really try some other pads i have that work on them.
I tried the "lamb leather pad" and the "skin protein pad"and the "vented hole pad" from aliexpress....

I recommend to you the "vented holes pad" no negative trade-off as with the other two.... I was so pleased i dont even tried the "fabric pad" i bought too because they are thinner.... The K340 need to have a second acoustic chamber between the drivers and the ears to accomodate in an optimal manner the 5 passive internal resonators; a thicker pad , more thicker than the original old pad give an optimal dimension for this necessary second acoustic chamber.... And the "holes" in the pads give to the sound an optimal extension all across frequencies....Better than the other 3 pads i tried....

I have also some secrets :) to improve the sound of the K340, i used not only a bit of equalization at the right spot but the high quality tone controls of the Sansui AU- A-601i which add 5db to the 50Hz band and 5 db more over the 12 KHZ band .... Then i gained the maximum impact coming from the 2 drivers the bass dynamic one and the electret one..... Now i enjoy bass to die for and highs which are intoxicating... I used also some Schuman USB resonators on the wall socket near the amplifier power cord and also a battery one.... ( under 50 bucks each from Hong Kong if i remember ) ...

I also use quartz, shungite, kambaba jasper, etc....But this is seems ridiculous to many people i know but i dont mind other opinion when it worked... :)

I now am pretty sure that the K340 is the better designed headphone in the world....For the S.Q. i enjoy his perfect imaging, his variable soundstage "around the head or often out of the head " never inside the head, , accordingly to each acoustic original recordings for sure, it make a miraculous headphone.... But it is the more difficult headphone to drive and optimize and modify i ever own.... But also the more reactive headphone i ever own to any small modifications in components choice or tweaking choices.... Learning to use and improve it give me a sound exceeding anything i ever listened too, over even my acoustic room/speakers experience .... It is incredible.... The problem is most people reviewing them and assigning to them some alleged "defects", never learned how to optimize them nto begin with and how to work with them and around them .... My suspicion is that all K340 exemplars are probably good, the electret lifespan is limited yes but the electret work well till the end and did not loose his polarization in a continuous way with time but probaly abruptly and suddenly .... But they are so picky and hard to optimize, the difference between my "untouched" pair and the same now "improved" one is night and day nothing less....

My best to you....

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #738 of 1,184
I predict a 500 word response coming soon. 🤔🙄😁

20221129_232014.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #739 of 1,184
Optimize? What are you hoping to optimize there after AKGs engineers without proper knowledge in the field?

Optimization of any headphone is mandatory ( K-340 included) :

--- shell/cups vibration control with some specialized materials in my case sorbothane duro 70 and FoQ. tape....

--- Improving on old pads or pads that dont related well to your specific inner ear comb filtering action...

--- Necessary equalization and even tone controls too to optimize the headphone working for your specific inner ears/brain working and translation...

--- using the components which will serve the headphone optimally, in the case of the K340, because it is a particularly picky headphone which ask for power, amplification is a serious needed problem to be solved....

--- Source dac must also be chosen to serve the headphone, in the case of the K340, i advise a dac more cold than warm....because it is easier to "warm" the headphone than to "cold" it.... :) And the K340 is a very detailed and reactive headphone to ANY MODIFICATIONS , so much so that reviews about it vary on a wide scale to too much dark to to much highs focussed....

--- Right Tweaks for all headphones are beneficials in my experience, i personally used some, as for example, some minerals and even Schumann resonators...( i modified with positive results all my headphones by the way nevermind their good design) And also the necessary methods to decrease the electrical noisefloor level of the components and of the electrical grid of the house .... Appropriate grounding for example.... Wall outlet controls.... Etc

--- Cables may be not so much impactful for some headphones, but in my experience the refined K340 react well or not so much well to any cable variation ....Then you need to choose good cables, not necessarily an expansive one....All my cables save the one between dac and amplifier are under 100 bucks...

--- A well designed headphone as the K340 so well designed it is, and for me it is the best or among the best ever created, cannot be perfect though .... Why? Because it is a shell/ cup packed with 2 new technology , hybridation of electret and dynamic technology , and 5 passive Helmholtz resonators in need for the right second acoustic chamber, out of the shell itself, linked to the distance between ears and drivers...... Then the shell/cup pose problems of his own, the plastic grid obstruction between the ears and the drivers for example and the appropriate dimension of the second acoustic chamber in relation to the pads and the optimal volume of space between ears and drivers and all that in relation to your own specific Ears/brain comb filters....

These shells/cups for example would have been improved if AKG had invested time and money in a second VERSION of this marvellous piece of engineering, as Stax did with his successive models or Hifiman with his succession of various design....

Some customers take a component out of the box and plug it WITHOUT modifications... I dont think that way, i try to improve in all possible ways my S.Q. experience, and NO COMPONENTS exist who dont need, at last or to begin with, a necessary optimal electrical, acoustical, and mechanical embeddings set of controls , be it speakers in a room or headphones, in my experience.... I always used low cost materials or homemade one for my 3 kind of embeddings controls ( i dont like the word tweaks) :)

I am less than 500 words i think.... :)

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #740 of 1,184
A well designed headphone as the K340 so well designed it is, and for me it is the best or among the best ever created, cannot be perfect though ....
Considering all the tweaks you did with it I would say K340 is a very poorly designed headphones :relaxed:
I certainly would not tinker with headphones without measurement gear and necessary knowledge for all the stuff, but that's just me. Seems like it works for you just fine.

shell/ cup packed with 2 new technology in headphone, hybridatrion of electret and dynamic, and 5 passive Helmholtz resonators in need for the right acoustic chamber linked to the distance between ears and drivers.....
In my opinion, it's not a good idea to combine electret and dynamic drivers. Theirs impulse response will be in different time domains, leading to some incoherence. It will not necessarily be easy to spot, you need to know where to look for.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #741 of 1,184
Considering all the tweaks you did with it I would say K340 is a very poorly designed headphones :relaxed:
I certainly would not tinker with headphones without measurement gear and necessary knowledge for all the stuff, but that's just me. Seems like it works for you just fine.

In my opinion, it's not a good idea to combine electret and dynamic drivers. Theirs impulse response will in different time domains, leading to some incoherence. It will not necessarily be easy to spot, you need to know where to look for.

Taking the premise of my reasoning : all headphone need some acoustic, electrical, and mechanical embeddings controls K-340 included, did not means that you could conclude that the K340 is not well designed.... It is a sophism not a rightful conclusion sorry....

And hybridation is a genious idea, the alleged incoherence dont exist for me and for a well embedded K340, and ESPECIALLY nevermind the perceived or unperceived "incoherence", the Acoustic ability to translate in a 3-D holographic experience the recorded acoustic of each recording and the NATURALNESS and realistic timbre of the K340 is a perceived fact and experience by many owners... If not in your case, your K340 is defectuous or/ and not well under control.... Sorry....I prefer the inexisting incoherence of the K340 for my ears now to the complete unnatural acoustic experience of most headphones i ever tried....

The alleged incoherence of the K340 was perceived by me only with a non well embedded k340 used with old pads, wrong amplification,no vibration controls, etc....I dont perceive incoherence anymore now sorry....I perceive instead an "out of the head" effect which mimic speakers like experience....And then judging a K340 in few minutes of listening without working hard to embed it rightfully explain why so many reviewers spoke about this alleged "incoherence" which only reflect the complexity of this headphone and reflect also the many wrong or right ways possible in his use....

The reason why hybridation was not pursued more by AKG or others companies, is that it is hard technology to create and costly and very complex to be done right.... Cost in a word.... And hungry headphone was not the way to go and make money in the new coming era anyway... It is way easier to glue a driver of any kind to an empty shell for an headphone easy to amplify and sell it as a new "color" in the market , like the AKG K701 i own too, it is easier to do that instead of improving a complex idea implicating hybridation and dual acoustic chamber with Helmoltz resonators, so good it was as an idea and as a first result ....

The cult and devotion to the K340 after 40 years is a testimony to the headphone real value.... Only Stax lived to this day with this kind of devotion.... Price means not much though.... Acoustic experience means something, especially after 40 years of comparison, not the price tag sorry....

Most headphones brand are colors variations on a frequencies linear scale, between dark and light.... The K340 is not a new "color".... It is a revolution in acoustic design and experience, nothing less.... And the S.Q./ price is impossible to beat.... I paid mine 100 bucks, and it sound better than my speakers/room....And all my other headphones sound as unnatural completely , my 2 Stax included sorry....I will never use any of them anymore i could not even if i would want to .... This tell something....This tell that the K340 is not a " color" among other headphone tastes and colors.... It is an acoustic science based revolution.... Hybridation is not the main revolutionary fact about this headphone by the way, the 5 passive adjusted Helmholtz passive resonators coupled to the hybridation process are....Most reviewers did not even mention it at all... Most people underestimate completely the importance of acoustic and psycho-acoustic experiences and principles in speakers/room experience as in shell/cup/drivers headphone experience....i do not...

By the way i finetuned mechanically in my dedicated room my hundred Helmholtz resonators by ears in my speakers/room experience at no cost and with success ....I used my ears too for my equalization of the K340.... We need tools for the industrial design regularized process and applying acoustic standards to the headphone creation yes, but we need also ears fine tuning after that for the specific users needs and biases, then i used mine a lot with positive results.... I am not a passive consumers ... And i dont think that measuring tools tell all the story and i dont think that a measured set of graphs can replace human ears ... We need the two.... No one can describe the way the K340 will sound at the end looking at a graph.... Sorry....:)
:)

By the way i like too much to discuss and talk perhaps , anyway i welcome you to this discussion and i wish you the best from my heart....

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #742 of 1,184

In my opinion, it's not a good idea to combine electret and dynamic drivers. Theirs impulse response will be in different time domains, leading to some incoherence. It will not necessarily be easy to spot, you need to know where to look for.
Briefly adding, that my posts in this thread shows measurements to see the impact of some modifications.

The reason AKG developers didn't do this was for practical reasons - there was no unlimited budget for development and all old AKGs share the same ear pads. At the same time, a grill was needed, which was quickly adopted from the K240 Sextett and K240 Monitor. Why the PCB was wired first has to do with easier assembly. I don't want to praise the K340 as the best headphone of all time (it isn't), but whether you physically change something or start, as is sometimes common, to use an EQ to get it flat - well, then all headphones are misdeveloped from that point of view.

Any conventional speaker is affected by the same phase problem. You combine a 1" dome or ribbon tweeter with a voice coil of the same size, with a large woofer whose membrane area is much larger than the voice coil and has a higher inertia compared to the tweeter. They are mostly on the same vertical axis. With the K340, there is also the fact that the dynamic driver is offset almost one cm to the rear. However, since a headphone driver is not very large, this phase problem is kept within limits. The brain is able to compensate, it might just be more tiring for some to listen to.

So yes, the effect is there, but not as bad as you might imagine.

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #743 of 1,184
i will only add to majoox excellent post remarks that there is better headphones than the K340, no doubt, but how many, which one and at what price? i dont have answers for that.....and how many headphone have " out of the head" experience, and speaker like experience, natural timbre, non fatiguing intoxicating highs, deep clear satisfying bass ? Name me some brand ? Omega Stax? Susvara? Diana? Raal ?

We need someone who can compare the two.... And we need someone with a dedicated audio system around the optimized K340 to do the comparison to begin with .... My non optimized K340 out of the box connected to a non dedicated system in his original state did not compare with what i listen to today at all... Sorry, but even the right pads is critical here.....

Why? Because the second acoustic chamber which work with the passive resonators, extended from the drivers to the ears, the volume of this chamber is critical for the S.Q. of the K340 .... Then i dont know if this person exist who can do the comparison, save a dedicated AKG K340 owner with another dedicated system like Stax omega or Susvara or any other TOTL....

In the meantime i will never upgrade because on the price/S.Q. ratio scale, not in the absolute for sure, i dont doubt that the K340 is the best there is because it beat easily anything i ever own or listen to before it, even lambda Stax, for the Omega i dont know....... Many headphones can give a very beautiful timbre experience but how many give also a speaker like holographic experience too ? and at which cost ? Then on this scale and only on this scale price/S.Q. ratio the K340 is the best purchase in the headphone world for me , with used price around 100 bucks.....

Also there is no "best amplifier in the world" save if you pay very big money, and if you think wrongly that the price tag is all there is; but at very low price there is a few very good vintage amplifiers for example , which are among the best in the world, if we speak on a scale S.Q./price ratio , not in the absolute for sure... The price tag in itself generally mean nothing, the ratio S.Q./price means something , it is often the most important factor in audio design for the engineer and in audio experience for the consumers too....:)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #744 of 1,184
Pads make a lot on the k340. yep. And i can listen to them nonstop. And i dont use any other headphones any more since they are boring.
..well my k240 sextett is fun with 70s music sometimes :wink:

Jan 24, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #745 of 1,184
Pads make a lot on the k340. yep. And i can listen to them nonstop. And i dont use any other headphones any more since they are boring.
..well my k240 sextett is fun with 70s music sometimes :wink:
The only other headphone i want to try, to feel, in some other way, is the one with the working of these passive resonators created by AKG, the sextett.... I will buy one pair someday for sure..... Not to change the K340 because i dont need anything else now, but i am curious about these passive resonators acoustic working idea.... Nobody ever take this idea to rework it why? Too costly design and more complex than only just gluing a driver to an empty shell and selling it a high price because it is a new "color"....

The K340 was never a new color..... It was a new way to listen to headphone in a completely nerver existing before realistic soundfield with not one, BUT 2 new technology introduced and packed in the cups....

The cult status , in spite of many negative remarks coming from a lack of study in the way to make them optimal The cult status say a lot.... Name me other headphone which maintain their S.Q. value at this level 40 years after and can be a contender to any other headphone at least on some acoustic counts if not on all counts ? Some Stax models yes and what else? Not much others, in truth very few.... By the way the successor TOTL of AKG headphones as the K701 for example i own myself, were all beaten by other brand and even by the predecessor K340 itself in S.Q. absolute performance ....

Most companies dont want to win the S.Q. race as first goal so much nowadays, as AKG engineers wanted to do or Stax in the golden era, they want to make profit .... Anyway nowadays where there is no more "absolute" and when "all is relative" companies look more at immediate profit money than at their acoustic ideals.... Sansui was like AKG 40 years ago too, now they are sold to multinationals and finance .....They are ghost shells of their former selfves....

For sure some small companies innovate today, but name those who will pack their cup with new acoustic complex devices, anti vibration materials, and new way to use many drivers as AKG did ? All this cost too much time money and brain, it is too much investment for small companies, this is the reason why most headphones are variations on the same classic design most of the time... And it is the reason why most new headphone reviews are variation on "light" and "dark" and "colors" vocabulary.... Look at the publicity leftlet of the K340, and his acoustic sophisticated description and explanation and compare this to the leftlet describing most other headphones ....

A few people here tought as i tought very highly about the K340 S.Q. then perhaps in spite of my rant i am not completely nut if i am not alone .... Anyway i am so glad to own a pair that this border on "neurosis" after retirement for sure.... :)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #746 of 1,184
If someone dare to buy this masterpiece of recording with the Trumpet master Andre Heuvelman, this Sound Liaison album with "one mic" recording technique, he will be astounded to listen to it on the K340.... Why?

Because the piano notes of the bass register and the sound of the bass player will be tactile and physically feeled by your body not only by your ears, as with most other headphones; but especially the soundfield filling your room now will surround you"out of the head " completely.... After this experience who want to go back " in his head" and with no more a so tactile physically sensed bass notes and with high frequencies if not fatiguing less clearly intoxicating than with the K340 ? Not me..... :)

On the quality sound/price ratio scale, yes, the K340 is probably the best headphone ever.....It is evident experience, if not, think about to improve the K340 acoustical, electrical and mechanical embedding , change the pads, cables and source and amplification, suppress the shell vibrations, take off the plastic grid to improve the volume of the second acoustic chamber between the driver and the ears.... i did it and it takes me more than a month to figure it out by the way.... The K340 generally ask for a bit of work around it to reach his potential.... It is one of the reason why, with his hungry demand for power, AKG abandon this design, not the easiest design to embed with other components....Not the easiest design to amplify and sell contrary to the K701 for example...Consumers are generally lazy and not ready to think and work after buying , if you know what i means....

Only the pads changing effect for example are astoundingly powerfully different from one pad to another ( i tried 4) because of the importance of the the volume of this second acoustic chamber coupled with the 5 resonators and your specific ears comb filters....All other factors, be it amplification, cabling, source, equalization, act the same for the best or for the worst with this refined acoustic design.... Equalization for example is necessary among other thing to reinforce a bit the 2 extreme opposite of the frequencies scale which are here taken in charge by 2 specialized hungry drivers working together....

For me speaking negatively about a difference in speed between the 2 drivers is only possible if the K340 is not well embedded nor well driven ... This "myth" comes from reviewers listening to it few minutes and used and conditioned only by singular driver non hybrid headphones listenings .... For sure this "myth" did not come from someone working with all components surrounding and supporting this headphone and who has taken care of all his working aspects after intense listenings thinking sessions... This alleged mismatch between the 2 drivers speed is a problem only for non optimally embedded one.... I know it , because i had this perception problem only in the beginning, not anymore when i take the time to improve all aspect in them and around them....

I dont think that AKG would had put on the market an headphone which will always and in all case reveal a mismatch between the 2 drivers.... For sure AKG could have written a note to their customer as this one for example :

«Unlike Stax you will not need a dedicated electro-acoustic amplifier BUT you will need a powerfull good regular one because our headphone is hungry and very sensible to the noise floor level and by the way, try many other pads too instead of our own because the volume dimension of our second acoustic chamber is very important :) .... And our plastic grid is there to protect our product from damage not for the S.Q then remove it, if you can, but our warrenty will be void.... And by the way put some specialized materials to decrease vibrations, we dont have put any here because of weight and cost and none of our competitors did it anyway ... And by the way use tone controls of high quality to boost the 2 extreme of frequencies to improve the acoustic experience ... Dear customer this design to say the truth is complex variable achievement in his working final perceived effect and will need some dedication from you not only your purchasing money ... » :) :)

But an added note like this one i just imagined is not a good marketing idea to begin with... Anyway the K340 worked well enough without any change to become a cult headphone then this note made sense today perhaps but would have been ridicule and useless 40 years ago ....But today we can wrote it, in an appeal to all K340 owners who wanted to improve their experience because the K340 real potential S.Q. level is not well known even among their owners.... :)

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #747 of 1,184
I asked myself why there is so much negative reviews aspects about the K340 and why is it one of the most revered headphone cult after 40 years ?

The reason for me is very specifically linked to these coupled 2 new technologies packed in the shell/cup... This made the K340 a very reactive headphone to ANY MODIFICATION , external modification ( pads, amplification, cables,source, tweaks etc) but also a particularly sensitive headphone because of the way it is related to the specific comb filters of each customers particular hearing/brain biases...

Then the negative reviews aspects comes from two sources: external factors that impede the full K340 acoustic working potential and also from internal particular hearing/brain biases and habits....

Each headphone brand has his devoted crowd, because each one of us hears sounds in a specific way, but not much headphone exhibit so much reactivity to ANY change external one or internal one than the K340....The 5 passive diaphragms/resonators created a second acoustic chamber continuing the first one from the last electret driver to the inside of the ears, no other headphone gave so much acoustic weight to a second acoustic chamber.... This is why for example any pad change had a so much huge impactful impression....This make the external change of pads an example of this K340 reactivity to any modification be it external or internal, if we change the customers ears for another customer ears, and so different impressions....

The bad news is : it is difficult to describe in a standard way accepted by all and for all, the acoustic impressions, so versatile the K340 is.... The good news is we can modify the external factors so much to adapt doing so the headphone to our own hearing biases more easily than with any other headphone, because of this extraordinary versatile transformative potential and acoustic properties of the K340 ....

Then there existed many negative reviews, which for some of them comes manifestly from a lack of the right external conditions to drive optimally the K340, but also especially come from the ignorance about the minimal knowledge necessary to adapt the K340 to OUR SPECIFIC HEARING NEEDS, not only by playing with the acoustic factors at play with the management of this second acoustic chamber but also coming from all the necessary habit we must learn to adapt ourself to for a complete new way of hearing sounds through headphones....No other headphone i ever own ressemble the K340.... They are all way much near to one another than they are near the K340 in sound impression.... Not one of them is for example holographic and able to reproduce so clearly the original recording acoustic different conditions coming from all different albums....

Then speaking about the lack of synchronization between the 2 drivers is in my opinion more an erroneous perception than an absolute truth, born from the wrong external conditions which are needed to be applied to give the K340 the rightful necessary embeddings for his optimal working....This deceiving impression is also born from a very short time with the headphone with insufficient time to work with them and condition our brain ....Most reviewers plays with many, many headphones....But some picky headphone as the K340 is, ask for some engagement time before the wedding....

Then why there is so much negative reviews aspects about the K340 and why is it one of the most revered headphone cult after 40 years ? The same reasons explained these 2 facts .... The unique acoustic versatility and sensitivity of the K340 and then the very difficult way we must go if we want to discover for ourself how to put them on their optimal working potential but also the way this headphone can serve in a better way our own hearing biases.....We are all different yes, but each one of us must learn how to listen ....

The K340 is a new acoustic journey not a plug and play average consumer product..... That explain the "cult" around it and the injust and too quick judgements by people used to orthodox single driver headphone(dynamic, electro-acoustic or planar)....

Or i am wrong and my K340 examplar ( the bass version) miraculously exhibit no discrepancies between the 2 drivers and many other K340 are defective on this count ?........I dont think so..... Now i go back to music, Bach Harpsichord, because the harpsichord is very difficult to record and way difficult to listen to on most headphones save the K340 for me.... :)

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #748 of 1,184
Almost all our perceptions are MEMORY instantaneously retrieved past content....When we see a written word we instantaneously recognize it, we dont read it anymore.... When we enter a room we "see" it as a recognized phenomenon, we really dont see the room in itself....

Then when we listen to headphone we are conditioned by our past memory engrammed perceptions history.... If a new set of information emerge we have 2 options : we can treat this new set of information as an annoying distraction, as a negative factor, like something coming from the alleged mismatch between the 2 drivers for example, as a problem, as something negative, OR we can learn how to live with it before judging it and we can learn how to interpret it in a new context if it is not really an error or only a negative artefact but something born from design novelty ....

For example before the K340 experience, for me so to speak, the VISIBLE soundfield was constituted ONLY by 2 factors : imaging or separation between instruments + soundstage or 2 perceived dimensions of the soundfield as depth and width.......

I was conditioned to pay attention mainly to these 2 factors which jumped into my face or into my "gaze" for sure with all headphones i ever used (with also timbre instrument accuracy too and dynamic and transients etc for sure but in a less immediate manner because these are not immediate VISIBLE factors for my inner eyes) ...

After the K340 optimizing completed experience, i was paying attention to a completely new factor so much important, which factor i was not conscious and never was before, or at least not so much conscious as i am now....

Because i can define now the integral VISIBLE soundfield as 3 elements, not merely two : imaging or perceived separation between instruments+ width and depth soundstage variable dimensions but + now also the 3-d holographic interrelation between "the volumes" distribution of each instruments inside the soundstage , this interrelation is not only a separation as in the imaging process but reflect an acoustic interaction coming from the recording event itself their trade-offs choices, and not only from the headphone design limitation itself....

The result of that is the fact that my brain can now "see" and translate in a better way the original recorded acoustic of each album....The K340 is more transparent to this original acoustic recording trade-offs, especially the difference between studio and public live recording among other things than any of my other past headphones... Especially the K340 exhibit according to each recording album, an "inside the head", and "around the head" or/and a complete "outside the head" impressions reflecting thus the recording process trade-offs... ....

My post is written because i wanted to explain in a better way why we must accustom ourself to a new sound experience and to a new headphone BEFORE judging it, we must also optimize his workings for sure, and also we must learn how to listen to it before criticizing it...

No headphone is perfect, all acoustic science in audio engineering is trade off design and optimization....The K340 is not perfect at all, but it is better than all headphones i purchased, and is better anyway than most headphones on the market probably , with the exception of some TOTL one, and in the S.Q./price ratio scale anyway as i already said, it is impossible to beat it to my knowledege....

If it is not the case , give me the price tag of the contender and describe the contender S.Q. in all acoustic aspects please .... I will buy it..... :)

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #749 of 1,184
I predict a 500 word response coming soon. 🤔🙄😁

20221129_232014.jpg

Man you WAY underestimated that lol. Someone needs to just write a book or something, geez. :p

Jan 30, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #750 of 1,184
I am guilty of being retired and i love too much my headphone ..... I regret not being an acoustician and being able to write a book about that anyway ..... But a living thread is better than a dead thread....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back