AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Aug 8, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #31 of 4,058
[size=10pt]Do they offer customized fit? Or they just made from some kind organic material that will fit scalp of your ears after you just put them in. Argg, I feel Matrix.[/size]

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #32 of 4,058
One interesting impression on these just came out on a Taiwanese forum, and of course, it is written in Chinese, don't know how many of you can actually read Chinese so I won't post the link here, the person actually preordered a pair based on his very brief listening session. I am wondering if anyone from the English community had a chance to hear them.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #33 of 4,058
This needs to be front page in the portable forum but **** they look nice! **** you wallet why are you so small :p

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #34 of 4,058
Are you talking about the one on AndAudio?

The guy basically said that the K3003 is tuned like a balanced K702 (take that with a grain of salt, but that's one of the headphones he has); the bass is fast and analytical, lower in quantity than average, the soundstage is good, and a few other minor things not really worth mentioning.

Quote:
One interesting impression on these just came out on a Taiwanese forum, and of course, it is written in Chinese, don't know how many of you can actually read Chinese so I won't post the link here, the person actually preordered a pair based on his very brief listening session. I am wondering if anyone from the English community had a chance to hear them.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #35 of 4,058
bummer.... i thought it would be a full size cans, I've given up the iems long ago..... : ( 

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #37 of 4,058
Here's a picture of the hybrid design (dual BA + one DD). According to German Stereo magazine the "personal tuning" will just be three different filters (think Phonak PFE), not some electronic chip.

There's also a teaser video on Youtube:

Btw. would some Admin/Mod here please be so nice as to relocate this thread to the Portable Headphones forum?

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #39 of 4,058
Here's a picture of the hybrid design (dual BA + one DD). According to German Stereo magazine the "personal tuning" will just be three different filters (think Phonak PFE), not some electronic chip.

There's also a teaser video on Youtube:

Btw. would some Admin/Mod here please be so nice as to relocate this thread to the Portable Headphones forum?

has anyone seen anything relating to pricing? If it's > $500, you might as well get UM Merlin BA/Dynamic hybrid :D (plus it'd be a custom with more drivers ... not that more = better, but I do like UM IEMs)

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #40 of 4,058

Quote:
has anyone seen anything relating to pricing? If it's > $500, you might as well get UM Merlin BA/Dynamic hybrid
biggrin.gif
(plus it'd be a custom with more drivers ... not that more = better, but I do like UM IEMs)

Try $1.5k.

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #41 of 4,058
Try $1.5k.

oh-god-oh-god-oh-god :D...

Well, let's see, universals from AKG with a fixed cable and a vol control inline, or customs from Um with a removable recessed socket cable and my own print or wood insert or metal insert for the faceplates... Yea... SUUURE akg...

I'm sure if you tell Um you'll pay them 1.5k, they'll even do personal tuning for you :D...Wooden box... Delivery with a song...That sort of thing :D

or you could get K1000 and poweramp :D

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #44 of 4,058
Actually the price is close to $1.4k now because of the better USD to Euro exchange rate.. Hurray! :)

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #45 of 4,058
What is interesting to me is they decided against MAs.  There could be good reasons or bad reasons for this though.  Very interested to hear that thing.  Price is over the top though.  There better be an awesome inline mic.  Should sound like I'm on the other end of my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back