AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Feb 21, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #391 of 4,058

Quote:

Yes, nothing, absolutely nothing beats the fit of customs.

Yes, we all know that more is better - ALWAYS.

Yes, we all know Beats by Dr Dre rule.

I have to confess that it's VERY frustrating I can't get those absolutely amazing $300/$500/$1000+ aftermarket cables to use with my K3003s.

Why on earth did I ever buy the K3003s?

EDIT: Would it be possible to not turn this thread into a customs vs universals/K3003 thread?

Chill folks. Let's face it: the K3003 is not for everyone. Neither are customs.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #393 of 4,058

Quote:
A new challenger appears! The universal fit version of the FitEar MH334 is upon us! It's priced around the same as the K3003 and FI-BA-SS, in Japan at least (~$1240). Removable cables, the custom geek-chic look, and all that jazz. This product is clearly catering toward the professional crowd more than the audiophile, but who knows?

It's not listed on their website yet. Do you have a release date yet? I need something to play with until the FAD full sized phones come to market. I was going to try out the Piano Forte X-CC, but the mention of a universal iem from FitEar really catches the eye.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #394 of 4,058
Quote:
It's not listed on their website yet. Do you have a release date yet? I need something to play with until the FAD full sized phones come to market. I was going to try out the Piano Forte X-CC, but the mention of a universal iem from FitEar really catches to eye.

It's on preorder exclusively with Fujiya-AVIC. I found out about it from their blog.

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #396 of 4,058

Quote:
AKG just put them in the laughing spot with the Final audio. 

Just bought a pair a few days ago and you may be laughing, but I assure you they are no joke!

BTW, they had 6 in stock at J & R two weeks ago and were down to one when I left the store Saturday. So someone is buying them... 

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #397 of 4,058
Quote:
Just bought a pair a few days ago and you may be laughing, but I assure you they are no joke!

BTW, they had 6 in stock at J & R two weeks ago and were down to one when I left the store Saturday. So someone is buying them... 

Definitely. I agree, these universals are pricey, but they have something special to them! I haven't heard the 3003 yet though. Must. Keep. Calm.

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #399 of 4,058
From reading this thread since the start, the K3003 are definitely in my sights, especially the glowing reviews from highly respected fellow Head Fiers. At the present moment, I just cannot justify the premium that Hong Kong dealers are charging for the privilege of owning a pair, an equivalent of US$1,650. With the continued praises of this IEM I am finding it hard to resist. Although, at present I have many toys to keep me occupied in this hobby such as cables, amps etc. I have not heard the K3003 as yet!

Having said the above, my sister is in Singapore at the moment and staying on Orchard Road, maybe a persuading phone call for her to take a walk to no. 68 is in order......... or just wait for prices to come down locally? Decisions, decisions
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #403 of 4,058
Hmm, many people seem to shun Final Audio for being overpriced and a big joke but they have not personally tried them themselves yet. Many people should experience things before ranting on them. Also, there are many things in this world that are priced at a premium for certain reasons. Like Rolex for watches and Vertu for mobile phones. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #404 of 4,058
From watching the video, it looks like 2 balanced armature and a dynamic driver are used... I'm wondering what the armatures are. Midrange and treble like the EB500 from UE, or a different setup, perhaps tuning the dynamic for midrange and having tight armature bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back