AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Feb 10, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #3,770 of 4,058
@SeeSax: Sorry to say this - but you have definitely bought a chinese fake.
AKG never produced and used this kind of leather case - also the laser engravings are wrong (the colour, font and the space between the numbers)
This counterfeits costs USD 125 on AliExpress.
You can also buy the outer box with the article numbers and barcode sticker

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/New-K3003-K3003i-Ring-Iron-Earphone-Balanced-Armature-and-Dynamic-Earbuds-HIFI-Third-Frequency-Auriculares-Earphone/32748126508.html?isOrigTitle=true

Try to get your money back - wish you good luck

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #3,773 of 4,058
I'm sorry to beat a dead horse guys, but the seller made a fairly convincing argument that he sourced them from an AKG authorized channel and that different revisions over the heads account for the differences I pointed out. But the damn case doesn't fit! I feel like that's a clear indicator.

I'll try the different filters as others suggested.

-Collin-

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #3,777 of 4,058
Please show us better photos of your leather case - the original is made of hunting calf and no shiny plain leather
The plug is always rose gold plated

I posted detailed pics on the previous page.

Thinking about just buying a pair on Amazon to compare. If I like them, I'll keep them and just have to swallow over 2x the price difference.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #3,778 of 4,058
...and just this pics look like the case is made of shiny leather instead of the hunting calf...
It is a good idea to order a genuine one from Amazon to compare - in the past i bought a fake CKR10 and after comparing with the genuine one i found several differences.

Good Luck

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #3,780 of 4,058
I posted detailed pics on the previous page.

Thinking about just buying a pair on Amazon to compare. If I like them, I'll keep them and just have to swallow over 2x the price difference.

Collin
Is there anyway to dispute the sale as counterfeit ? I can't recall where you bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back