AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 23, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #646 of 1,152
Quote:

Mistäpäin hankkit nuo ja paljonko maksasit? :) Aika hassua että Suomesta kaikista maista saa näitä ennen amerikkalaiset.

Translation: Where did you get those from and how much did you pay? Quite funny that from all places, in Finland you can get these before the americans do.

Markun musiikista 310e  ja discolanidstahan näitä saa 350e hintaan. Mutta itelle tais tulla kyllä maanantai kappale 
mad.gif
 Kun säädän tota basso juttuu niin se ei muutu mikskään millään asetuksella, laitoin jo niille viestiäkin ja lupasivat kysyy maahantuojalta onko tullut vastaavaa juttua muilta.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #647 of 1,152
Not pulled the trigger on the purchase yet so finding these reviews helpful.  I thought the switchable bass would suit me because although I listen to a lot of rock/indie/punk there's times when I need bass in my life.

How do you guys think these would do with the genres I mention above?  Need a closed back can and it's gonna be toss up between these and the K167's I think.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #648 of 1,152
Quote:
I was considering them for a while, but heard lots of mixed reviews... How would you describe them compared to the UE or D600? I basically really wanted to like the UE 6000, but it was much too dark for me in passive mode, and although I liked the punch it brought in active mode, it made the highs too artificial, and honestly, I'm too lazy to keep buying batteries just to have an enjoyable headphone, lol.

and I'll apologize to everyone else for the off-topic-ness ahead of time, lol.

I feel exactly the same about the UE6000.  I also returned the D600 because there was something I didn't like about their bass presentation that I couldn't put my finger on.  For my taste, the M-100 is sonic perfection with highs that extend further than UE6000 (not as bright as D600) but are incredibly smooth, detailed mids and some of the tightest, deepest bass I have heard that doesn't overwhelm the music.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #649 of 1,152
I feel exactly the same about the UE6000.  I also returned the D600 because there was something I didn't like about their bass presentation that I couldn't put my finger on.  For my taste, the M-100 is sonic perfection with highs that extend further than UE6000 (not as bright as D600) but are incredibly smooth, detailed mids and some of the tightest, deepest bass I have heard that doesn't overwhelm the music.

Shame they're ludicrously uncomfortable and don't live up to their promises of durability. I couldn't wear them for more than an hour without them causing pain, and my wingplates cracked repeatedly during the two month return period.

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #650 of 1,152
Shame they're ludicrously uncomfortable and don't live up to their promises of durability. I couldn't wear them for more than an hour without them causing pain, and my wingplates cracked repeatedly during the two month return period.

Wait, you are speaking of the M100, right? Not the K267?

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #651 of 1,152
I am definitely talking about the M-100. Why do you think people are putting towels and cotton under the pads? Why do you think that Val is creating a larger pad size sheerly because of Head-Fi feedback?

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #652 of 1,152
I know. I can't wear any over ear headphone from vmoda without feeling pain on the top of my head. I hate it so much. I wan't to enjoy listening to music instead of taking it off every half hour. That's why I wan't to try the AKG K167/267. It is so disappointing.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #653 of 1,152
Yeah, the low bass doesnt go deep enough on these headphones. That's probably my only gripe about them. I'm no bass head either. The other frequencies feel fine. I feel that these are a bit of a mid-centric headphone. (correct me if i'm wrong). There's really good mid-bass and great details in the mids and highs. The highs are pretty good in my opinion. Sound stage is quite good too, probably a tad bit smaller than the Mad Dogs. They don't seem sibilant or shrill at all. This is coming from my PC. I'm unamped at the moment. I'm also comparing them to the Mad Dogs.

I still believe they are keepers. I think I can enjoy music out of them. Since they are AKG's, they will definitely change through burn in and possibly amping.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #654 of 1,152
Quote:
Even though the majority of the parts are metal, it still feels fragile and easy to break. If one stretches the plastic band enough (the dotted part), I feel as though it can snap.

Otherwise, the swivel joint feels very durable and the cloth pad on top look strong enough to withstand harsh treatment to a certain degree. I wouldn't try beating it up or stress testing it though, LOL.

I would be the first person to put it's durability to the test since I broke the K167 in four days :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #656 of 1,152
Quote:

+1

Now I want the sound signature of the Ultrasone Signature Pro with the comfort level of the Mad Dogs... oh my... the search is never-ending... Doubt these AKGs provide it though :frowning2:

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #660 of 1,152
Quote:
Any comparisons to M50's, pioneer hdj-2000 & k550's?

I've auditioned the K550's before, and these two don't really sound alike. The soundstage and imaging are much better on the K550, but the K267 has [the potential for] a lot more bass. The mids I think were also a tiny bit better on the K550. The K550 also seemed to have more treble extension, but the highs are tamer overall on the K267. The K267 also seem to have a faster transient response than I remember the K550 having.

As far as comfort, I think the K550's were a bit more comfortable, but they slipped off a bit easily and were tricky to seal properly. The K267's are still ok on comfort, but they definitely clamp down much harder (which is good if you like to head-bang like a DJ would on-stage), and my ears don't actually fit inside the cups, so they're really more like big on-ear phones rather than 'over-ear', but the pad material is nice so it's not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back