AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #676 of 1,152
Yeah, I'm thinking I made a really good decision by choosing the K167 instead of waiting for the K267.

If I can mod a detachable cable onto the unit, the K267 will basically have nothing on me. That's basically all I wanted extra.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #677 of 1,152
Quote:
Mine just got here and I hate to say they may be going back...

Build quality is sub par compared to any other HP I have tried - the tiesto logo is already coming off the ear (shotty lue job) and the two sides swivel quite differently - one easily and the other requires more force.

Fit is more on ear than over - very close to how the beats pro sits almost over but still on ear. Less clamping force than beats pro and more than k550, which was far more comfortable.

SQ is not fair to judge yet considering the burn in time I had to give the 550s before they sounded nice but I can say I heard no difference between the 3 bass stages... Seems more gimmicky than anything at this point and slider/selector feels cheap.

Guess I'm really disappointed as I thought it would blow beats pro out of the water for portable non-iem use but I can say I'm already seriously considering sending back and getting the 551s for their better build, comfort and soundstage.

Needless to say I'm totally bummed.

Sadness.

So far I'm getting the kinda-general vibe that the K267 are anything but spectacular. I'll wait for more reviews, but for now I'm thinking I'll keep listening and smiling contently with my K550's.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #682 of 1,152
Quote:
i'd like to see an m-100 vs k267 comparison.

Quote:
You're not the only one

Quote:

sigh... well, it looks like I'm already on the road to doing this anyway, so might as well... god dammit head-fi 
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #684 of 1,152
Quote:
Mine just got here and I hate to say they may be going back...

Build quality is sub par compared to any other HP I have tried - the tiesto logo is already coming off the ear (shotty lue job) and the two sides swivel quite differently - one easily and the other requires more force.

Fit is more on ear than over - very close to how the beats pro sits almost over but still on ear. Less clamping force than beats pro and more than k550, which was far more comfortable.

SQ is not fair to judge yet considering the burn in time I had to give the 550s before they sounded nice but I can say I heard no difference between the 3 bass stages... Seems more gimmicky than anything at this point and slider/selector feels cheap.

Guess I'm really disappointed as I thought it would blow beats pro out of the water for portable non-iem use but I can say I'm already seriously considering sending back and getting the 551s for their better build, comfort and soundstage.

Needless to say I'm totally bummed.

heh, this mirrors my experience pretty much exactly. Imma still give it a couple more days of burn-in (though it's already been going for +40hrs of pink noise), but I think they're going back as well. And yeah, the build quality is pretty meh. I mean, they seem durable, but it doesn't really 'feel' like a $350 headphone, maybe ~$200ish, but even at that price range, the DT770's are much more 'pro' feeling. Also, the bass switches fit a bit loose, so they rattle a bit if you move your head around suddenly, which may bother some people...

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #685 of 1,152
DT770's are much more 'pro' feeling

The DT770s are undoubtedly very durable, but IMO they sure don't feel like it in your hands. They don't even try to hide the fact they're mostly made of molded plastic, and they feel far too light. Things that are expensive usually feel hefty; Steve Jobs even used to put weights in the computers he sold to emulate this effect.

I would liken how they feel as akin to a toy from a petrol station. They just didn't feel right to me.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #686 of 1,152
Quote:
IIRC, you have the M-100, right?  What are you hoping these will provide that those don't?  Or just looking to try new things?  

Just curiosity, looking to try new things.  I also ordered the NuForce HP-800 to give them a try as well since I am looking for something with monster bass and excellent overall SQ when I listen to certain genres.  No complaints at all about the M-100, just wondering if there is anything better out there anywhere near their price range and I haven't found it yet- perhaps a different signature with more forward mids and X-bass heavy.  For my taste, the M-100 is my audiophile can more than what I would consider the ultimate basshead can, even though they bring the bass.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #688 of 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Things that are expensive usually feel hefty; Steve Jobs even used to put weights in the computers he sold to emulate this effect.

I would liken how they feel as akin to a toy from a petrol station. They just didn't feel right to me.

I agree to some extent, but I also wouldn't want a headphone with weights inside the drivers :wink:

It took me a while to get over the cheapish plastic-y feel of the HD650, especially for what they cost. But at least they are solid and are comfy as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back