AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #514 of 1,152
Quote:
Well, juvenile is definitely an adjective I've never seen describe a headphone.

What exactly is a "juvenile" sound supposed to be?

yelpy, whiney ... always in need ... better cables, better connectors, better amp, better dac ... never accepting of blame/fault ... constantly plays metal/trash, but gags on classical ... constantly breaking ... in short, making life a loving misery for its owners
blink.gif

oh wait ... nevermind ...maybe i'm talking about something else ...

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #516 of 1,152
Quote:
Well, juvenile is definitely an adjective I've never seen describe a headphone.

What exactly is a "juvenile" sound supposed to be?

i dunnu, maybe uber bassy and wierd sounding?
blink.gif
 (beats solo's come to mind)

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #518 of 1,152
These are out and in stock in Australia, i might head down on Monday and have a listen and take some pics for you guys. THey wont be "burnt in" though as they are so new and will be a demo model. Ill do what i can though.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #519 of 1,152
Quote:
These are out and in stock in Australia, i might head down on Monday and have a listen and take some pics for you guys. THey wont be "burnt in" though as they are so new and will be a demo model. Ill do what i can though.

In which shops Mr Bigsby?

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #520 of 1,152
https://www.storedj.com.au/products/AKG-K267TIESTO

Price is steep, but if they are awesome i would do it. Do you have an outlet near you? If your in Melbourne theres a store in Richmond, i know some of the guys there.

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #521 of 1,152
Thanks :) Yup got a store nearby, too bad they are closed tomorrow so I'd have to wait a week to try.

I am not too sure about the premium price though.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #523 of 1,152
How do the triad K550 K267 and K167 compare against each other?

Are these available and do they sound better than K550s? Are they bigger or smaller than K550s?

Which shoukd I take among those 3 and could you describe each in detail for me comparing them?

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #524 of 1,152
I picked these up today, I will attach a few pics..... I have been reading this thread but I am no audiophile so I cant answer any of your more technical questions but I can give you some of the basics, not sure if it's going to help you but seeing as nobody else has offered much I thought I would give it a go! I tried them in the shop along with the 167 so I can offer some opinion on the 2 of them side by side....

Leakage - Firstly, it does not matter what setting you have them at (Stage, Club, Studio) you get leakage from all of them. But, only at levels that I consider too loud to listen too as standard. In other words - if you still want to be listening to music when you hit middle-age lol. I had them on in bed with my girlfriend and they were loud enough for me and she could only hear just a tiny bit. As we went up from there it got worse and worse (yes across all 3 settings, tested them all) The K167 easily wins this as it has almost no leakage issues (at safe volume levels)

Isolation - You will have to ecxuse my lack of knowledge, but I believe this is the ability to keep outisde noise out? if this is correct, then with them on but nothing playing, I can hear the T.V but as soon as I turn them on there is no outside noise at all - it's like being in a cinema for 1 lol

Sound - I had them amped at home plugged into my home stereo and I have to say they are easily the best headphone I have ever tried - that is not saying much but the sound is, well....amazing. As I said above, I am no audiophile so someone else will need to give you the detail you are looking for here but to my ear they are perfect. I listened to whole range of music from Rock to Rap, once I started I just couldnt stop hahaha.

Bass settings: I know this is a big subject and I am sorry but I just don't know what sub bass and bass are, to me they are the same - I really hope someone else can help you out with this because to me its quite simple. Studio = no bass at all / Club = bass present and clear / Studio = kick ass bass - almost like it is kicking you in the back of the head!!! and it's clear, very clear at every volume level..... it actually has so much bass that when listening to rock and some pop I had to change it to club because it was so strong and overpowered the rest of the instruments....The Club setting is great for rock music and studio great for rap or electronic or really anything with a heavy baseline I just felt it was too heavy for anything other that. I can't see myself using thr studio setting as it takes the bass away completley. Again, I am sorry about just the basic information but against the 167 (both unamped, in the store) the 267 is heavier than the 167 on Stage - but I think the 167 has more bass than the Club setting (unsure of burn-in times for them)

Build Quality is excellent - feels much stronger than 167
Comfort is no problem at all, l had them on for a solid 3 hours when I got them home and could have kept going but it was late.
Fit is good, I have a medium sized head and there are no issues. I feel it clamps just enough although I dont think I would run in them hahaha

I decided on the 267's because they feel great, nice and strong I dont think there will be any breaks (fingers crossed). They just feel like another level up from the 167's which clearly they are but if you are wondering where the extra $$$$ goes on the 267 this is it. They are just a bit bigger and than the 167's and just gave me the right fit I was looking for! If you are on a budget then I would say go for the 167, very similar sound wise just the step down on build quality that you would expect for the price tag. The bass boost is great, it really is a lot of fun.

Your decision really comes down to this (167 v 267) Bass and Build quality v $$$$

Well I hope this helps - Cheers!

Arrghhh I am trying to add pics but it wont let me, can anyone help? I am clicking the insert image Icon but it's not working, I get a server error.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back