AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Jan 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #482 of 1,152
how did it happen?
mine seem , well i wont say rock solid, since they feel plastic-ee, but they certainly don't squeak, honk, or creak.

my MDR1r do make some annoying noices, but are more comfy.

i really cant decide which i prefer since they are so different

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #483 of 1,152
I don't know. Suddenly the fissure just crack. It was a fabric defect, I just thought it wouldn't crack. Hopefully the new ones will be fully inspected by AKG before sending them to me. AKG in its best ; )

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #487 of 1,152
More delays unfortunately I don't think I will consider the K267 any more. And the K167 were my favorites and they break easily as I can see... Still can't decide. Do you think the K167 are bigger than the K550 and are they as big as the K267s or smaller?

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #488 of 1,152
hi all, i'm completely new to this thread, just came across it researching the AKG tiesto range... just got a quick question i'm hoping you can help me with as i've been finding the usual google searching to be quite overwhelming when it comes to headphones! i'm looking to buy a pair for around the $150 aud range and was wondering if you could make some suggestions as to the best quality/value ones on the market? just as a reference point i've been able to find the K67's a tad cheaper, the K167's for around $200, and the beats by dre mixr's for $150... the main thing is they're for my girlfriend to dj with, so the ears need to rotate for monitoring... any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks a million!!!

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #489 of 1,152
I'm looking for a closed back headphones. Good isolation and minimum leakage. My budget is around $300  just for the headphones. I also plan to get a new FiiO E17 as my FiiO E6 died out, so I might be upgrading. I liked quite a few of the AKG cans for some time now, and I was looking at the AKG k550, AKG k167 and AKG k267 (was considering k702 but they were open cans so I dropped consideration). AKG k550 seems too big for my head so I dropped it. Now the issue is, would it be better to wait for the AKG k267 or get a pair of AKG k167? I read the forums and it seems like there is isolation and leaking problems with the k267, but I would like confirmation.

EDIT: I am open to other suggestions other than AKG as well.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #490 of 1,152
I'm looking for a closed back headphones. Good isolation and minimum leakage. My budget is around $300  just for the headphones. I also plan to get a new FiiO E17 as my FiiO E6 died out, so I might be upgrading. I liked quite a few of the AKG cans for some time now, and I was looking at the AKG k550, AKG k167 and AKG k267 (was considering k702 but they were open cans so I dropped consideration). AKG k550 seems too big for my head so I dropped it. Now the issue is, would it be better to wait for the AKG k267 or get a pair of AKG k167? I read the forums and it seems like there is isolation and leaking problems with the k267, but I would like confirmation.

Save money and get the AKG 181s. If you using the. For djing, the sound is very full.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #491 of 1,152
It seems like the AKG k181 cans are on-ear or supraaural. I was looking for an over-ear closed back. I currently own a pair of k518 DJ. I was looking at the Tiesto series as it the reviews said it qualifies as a hi-fi headphone instead of just DJ uses.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #492 of 1,152
Quote:

K550 is one hell of a headphone. Meets all your needs, sounds amazing, and is built like a tank (unlike the Tiesto line, from what I gather)

The best part is the E17 will drive them very well, too.

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #493 of 1,152
I was just about to get akg k550, but my head is smaller than average size. It seems to be an okay fit to people with larger head circumferences. There's no store to try it out now, so it would be risky. From what I've heard the Tiesto line are pretty good and they're smaller, so I don't think the fit would be an issue on these. If I get to try out the k550's I sure will, though.

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #494 of 1,152
This thread has somehow managed to achieve negative hype. This is going to be the most unenthusiastically received headphone release I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back