AKG is coming out with a K1000 replacement! Yes! Really!
Nov 22, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #91 of 104

Quote:
I'm not being critical of them at all - I do expect them to announce some kind of flagship replacement for the K1000 after the statement. I was being critical of the statements which seemed to suggest a corporation takes its facebook page any less seriously than any other method of communication with their audience...

Right, I took your statements as being critical of the head-fi audience?  if you're selling me on the fact that facebook(a social networking site) is a credible source for product releases, well I'll buy the Brooklyn Bridge while you're at it?  Listen, it's nothing but a social meetup place, full of gossip...I will say it's powerful in the way that any form of mass communication is but c'mon, I'm just not going to get all excited about a facebook statement, announcement or whatever term YOU would like to give it.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #92 of 104
There will be lots of rant when it comes out 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #93 of 104

Quote:
Listen, it's nothing but a social meetup place, full of gossip...I will say it's powerful in the way that any form of mass communication is but c'mon, I'm just not going to get all excited about a facebook statement, announcement or whatever term YOU would like to give it.

I wouldn't get excited about it either, but it's not just a place for gossip.  A lot of businesses have huge success using Facebook to network.  I know people who owe a large part of their profit/sales/etc to facebook buzz. 

If it's true, it's pretty smart.  Just letting go of little hints to a crowd of their biggest fans to create buzz.  It's like a politician energizing their base. 

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #94 of 104
This could help them save face after the Q701 debacle. Hell even if it's just a rebranded K1000 with some cosmetic tweaks a lot of people will be happy, just to have it on the market again.

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #95 of 104
I don´t believe they´ll just resume the K1000, my guess is that it´ll likely be a new model influenced by it, but with drivers using technology from the K700-series. It´s too risky to put out a product that needs a speaker amp to function - I´d put my money on a K1000 that can be driven with a headphone amp, but has quite a different sound signature. 

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #96 of 104
No, I'm not being critical of headfi users as a group, a group which I am one of. I am simply disagreeing with the sentiment on this thread, which you have just echoed, regarding facebook.

To you or I facebook is a social network site full of gossip - to an organisation who starts an official page it is not the same thing.

Do you really think that corporations, like people, join facebook to make "friends", "poke" people and play that game about the farm? 

It is taken seriously as means of mass communication with their audience which really, at this point in time, is unsurpassed in its reach. Don't confuse the more informal style they communicate with facebook users in any way with a lack of seriousness or consideration with the content of what they are saying.

Nov 23, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #97 of 104

Quote:
No, I'm not being critical of headfi users as a group, a group which I am one of. I am simply disagreeing with the sentiment on this thread, which you have just echoed, regarding facebook.

To the you or I facebook is a social network site full of gossip - to an organization who starts an official page it is not the same thing.

Do you really think that corporations, like people, join facebook to make "friends", "poke" people and play that game about the farm? 

It is taken seriously as means of mass communication with their audience which really, at this point in time, is unsurpassed in its reach. Don't confuse the more informal style they communicate with facebook users in any way with a lack of seriousness or consideration with the content of what they are saying.

Agreed,  facebook allows cooperation's to reach their target demographic easier then ever. They are sought out by the users who are interested in them and therefore are more effective at creating hype on a product with the people they should.

Nov 23, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #98 of 104
Not to ruin the party or anything, but I'm guessing their comment just means they already think their current top-of-the-line headphone is a good replacement for the K1000.

Maybe in your world, the K1000 is a better can than their currrent top-of-the-line offering. But maybe they see things differently. They might think they have improved on previous models, rather than made things worse.

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #102 of 104

Quote:
unfortunately, i never found the K1000 that interesting. now a re-issue of the R10 would be something to get excited about.

I'm still praying for 3 things. 1) The re-issue of R10's, 2) the re-issue of K1000's, and 3) me finding a way to purchase them both.

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #104 of 104

Quote:
Quote:
unfortunately, i never found the K1000 that interesting. now a re-issue of the R10 would be something to get excited about.

I'm still praying for 3 things. 1) The re-issue of R10's, 2) the re-issue of K1000's, and 3) me finding a way to purchase them both.

For me it's

1) Owning the new Stax C32 and K1000  
2) having appropriate amps for both
3) making sure my woman doesn't kill me for using that much money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back