AKG 702's ARE NOT FOR ME!
Mar 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #76 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's a good thing.

stick with headphones recommended by people who post in caps and abuse exclamation mark.

GOD!!!!!! SO YOU DON'T LIKE MY GRAMMAR, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HEADPHONES, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO TO ANOTHER THREAD!!!!!

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #77 of 108
Manymax: Audio Technica (w1000,w5000,ad2000...) should suit you better, more musical,more comfortable
normal_smile .gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #78 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minbeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Manymax: Audio Technica (w1000,w5000,ad2000...) should suit you better, more musical,more comfortable
normal_smile .gif

I was looking at the ATH-AD1000, the AD2000 does not seem to be available in the uk, so you would have to import it, the ATH-W1000 looks very interesting and is the same sort of price range i was looking for, will have to research a little more on that one, another contender is the Denon d5000, there seems to be a lot of satisfied listeners with this one.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #79 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannymax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GOD!!!!!! SO YOU DON'T LIKE MY GRAMMAR, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HEADPHONES, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO TO ANOTHER THREAD!!!!!

I think you're just trying to give publicity to K702.

In sales and marketing its called negative pitch.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #80 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're just trying to give publicity to K702.

In sales and marketing its called negative pitch.

Well I think the only sales will be a pair of secondhand 702's and the only negatives I can see, is your input on here! just except, people have different tastes and the AKG K702 is not the holy grail of all headphones, please please please GET A LIFE!!!

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #81 of 108
I just added the DPS to my GLite and it really improves an already superb amp. The 70x is really headphone dependent. I can't account for the Heed but the GLite and 70x is an excellent combo. I enjoy my music with it. I'm not trying to sell anyone on anything. I just think the AKG works for me.

Peace,

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #82 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just added the DPS to my GLite and it really improves an already superb amp. The 70x is really headphone dependent. I can't account for the Heed but the GLite and 70x is an excellent combo. I enjoy my music with it. I'm not trying to sell anyone on anything. I just think the AKG works for me.

Peace,

Glad to hear this baka. I was certain, beforehand, that the 701/702 would not be powered adequately with the GLite. I may have to try out a pair of AKG's after all. How does it fair without the DPS when paired with these cans?

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #83 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Peace,

well, some fair comments there, but for me, the 702's don't do anything special "one mans meat is another mans poison" bye th way, what is a DPS?

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #84 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear this baka. I was certain, beforehand, that the 701/702 would not be powered adequately with the GLite. I may have to try out a pair of AKG's after all. How does it fair without the DPS when paired with these cans?

I invite you to read my review. The link is in my thread. But, in a word, the GLite is excellent even without the DPS. The DPS does add significant depth to the overall presentation. There seems to be more "meat". Either way, you can't go wrong.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #85 of 108
Thanks. Yes, the music seems to be 'juicier' with the DPS, with more 'air' or space between the notes, if that makes sense. Definitely an improvement.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #86 of 108
i like my 702's, its all in the journey. They dont bring me complete happiness but they sure sound good "to me". i do wish i had an amp to properly power them however... ps ive heard the aphex 454 does wonders for the 70x bass department! that was coming from a guy who had an hd6xx b4 the 702. check it out at $200 its tempting.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #87 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have to look too hard to realise most headfiers loathe bright cans.

Are you kidding? There aren't even that many headphones made these days that aren't bright. And there's a small handful that are recommended on here, and almost all of them are vintage. Aside from a few studio phones, the sennheisers are the only in production headphones I can think of that aren't bright.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #88 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannymax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, some fair comments there, but for me, the 702's don't do anything special "one mans meat is another mans poison" bye th way, what is a DPS?

baka1969-albums-gilmore-lite-vs-micro-amp-picture5090-img00207-20100324-1222.jpg

The DPS is a Dedicated Power Supply for the Gilmore Lite. It's a separate unit. It's an improved power unit over the standard wallwart.

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #90 of 108
Do you mean Dynalo? I thought that was the actual type of circuitry that the GLite, etc. is based on, devised by Dr. Kevin Gilmore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back