AKG 702's ARE NOT FOR ME!
Mar 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #91 of 108
The GLite is a dynalo. The HA006+ is based on the dynalo with some parts substitutions to keep the costs down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you kidding? There aren't even that many headphones made these days that aren't bright. And there's a small handful that are recommended on here, and almost all of them are vintage. Aside from a few studio phones, the sennheisers are the only in production headphones I can think of that aren't bright.

No I'm not kidding. Everyone is complaining. "Wahaha it's too bright and my ears hurt. Wahaha so harsh unlike HD650 treble. Waha." etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But of course that's ridiculous. Headphones make sound. You need to put them on your head.

Ah this is the best post of the thread. I feel we get caught up in the tech side and we don't do enough listening to evaluate things.

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #92 of 108
yes i complain when something I purchased hurts my ears. But I still don't see how you can say that the majority of head-fi hates treble. Which phones are they listening to?

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #93 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The GLite is a dynalo. The HA006+ is based on the dynalo with some parts substitutions to keep the costs down.

Thanks for clarifying!
smile.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #94 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannymax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing has now struck me, this hobby is about the enjoyment of listening to music, there is a big difference to listening to well produced sounds, the 702 sounds great, but for me does not produce music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its little weird when people say that k701/2 is true to the source but its not musical !?
Think that those two statements dont go together.

Yep, just another funny thread.

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #96 of 108
Quote:

yes i complain when something I purchased hurts my ears. But I still don't see how you can say that the majority of head-fi hates treble. Which phones are they listening to?

Senns
tongue.gif

I love bright phones myself.

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #98 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Yes, the music seems to be 'juicier' with the DPS, with more 'air' or space between the notes, if that makes sense. Definitely an improvement.

We need an ABX test to verify this.
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #99 of 108
Memo from AKG marketing to AKG Engineering "Headphone buyers are looking for duller sounding headphones, can you dumb em' down a little?" Engineering reply "Sure, just put them on and stick your head up your..." Well you know how those engineer's talk!

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #101 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by loopfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its little weird when people say that k701/2 is true to the source but its not musical !?
Think that those two statements dont go together.

Most two statements don't go together here.

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #102 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
baka1969-albums-gilmore-lite-vs-micro-amp-picture5090-img00207-20100324-1222.jpg

The DPS is a Dedicated Power Supply for the Gilmore Lite. It's a separate unit. It's an improved power unit over the standard wallwart.

Ah a power supply, yes they can improve the sound a bit, I used to have a Naim hi-cap power supply feeding my Naim CD5 and it was definitely an improvement, it was weird in the fact that it sounded better connecting it directly into the CD as apposed to connecting the amp.

Mar 25, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #103 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannymax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah a power supply, yes they can improve the sound a bit, I used to have a Naim hi-cap power supply feeding my Naim CD5 and it was definitely an improvement, it was weird in the fact that it sounded better connecting it directly into the CD as apposed to connecting the amp.

flat-earthers would say source first.

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #104 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senns
tongue.gif

I love bright phones myself.

yeah, I'd definitely agree that head-fi opinion definitely skews towards bright/bass light headphones in general. So much so that neutral cans get referred to as bassy.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #105 of 108
Quote:

what? that's absurd, it's the marketers who are in charge these days. but i love the quote in your sig about music, that's fantastic!
beerchug.gif

I am fond of it as well, more HF'iers should take it to heart; I have a variation of it I will ad when the time is right.
wink_face.gif
I do think many companies are all about the hype, but there are a few in this business that make headphones and microphones that strike a balance and get it right.

Nice pic's btw, many people who have an appreciation for good music and it's reproduction also love fine light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back