Akg 272 HD or others...?
Sep 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #16 of 23
Yes...i can buy a used pair...but they tend to keep their value over the years and are almost the same price,those that aren't seem pretty damaged... Anyway, i will probably go for the Fischer Audio FA-003, their price and the shipping costs will probably remain in my 200$ budget. i like their design and what i read on the reviews.

I don't think i will find them bad, considering that the first pace into the hi-fi world of cans is a pretty big transition. (at least that's what ppl say)

Ty for all the help

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #18 of 23
They seemed better from that short listen I had with them. It's louder at least. Reviews over the internet seem to suggest they're bass light; I don't think so myself. But then again it might be that I'm coming from the K272s... They're amazing for the money however and would recommend them with good conscience. Getting my pair soon. 

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #19 of 23
Not to hijack a thread...

But you say these are easy to drive?  Looking to get a set of cans for a deserving friend who wouldn't buy themselves a solid headphone but would appreciate the hell out of one they were given.

I know they won't want to deal with an amplifier.  While they love music and appreciate sound quality any complications to operation should be avoided in this case :)

Closed midcentric can with an emphasis on detail...sound right up the alley IF it can be driven from a lame source like an onboard laptop card or straight 3.5mm out on an iPod.

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #21 of 23
Interested in getting a set of these as a portable still.

Do any 272 users have anything to chime in about?  It seems this headphone isn't talked about much here

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #22 of 23
?? K272HD like K242HD aren't easy to drive. You must have an amp for really operate correctly the K272HD.

They aren't very efficient headphones and the difference between use with amp and not, is huge.

They are excellent headphones for the price but use them with an ipod/iphone...

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
?? K272HD like K242HD aren't easy to drive. You must have an amp for really operate correctly the K272HD.

They aren't very efficient headphones and the difference between use with amp and not, is huge.

They are excellent headphones for the price but use them with an ipod/iphone...

I;d likely use them with a cheap portable amp like the e11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back