AIAIAI TMA-1
Nov 22, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #991 of 1,345
You guys are using the word 'tad' to describe a headphone that sounds like it's been buried in a cave and not seen light for 100 years. These are the single darkest headphone I've owned/heard. I love them but damn they're dark.

I honestly don't hear them that way. Maybe the iPhone 4 brightens them up or something. They arent bright or sibilant, but the highs are still there. They have the same basic sound signature of the HD650. I like them the way they are, at least when paired with my iPhone 4. I dont want any extra treble.

Does anyone else use these with an iPhone 4?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #992 of 1,345
I'm not saying the highs aren't there but they're friggin' dark. This is one of my favorite portables out there, by the way. I loved it because it meant they never got fatiguing but they needed a little bump EQ wise to be an all rounder for me.

Quote:
Quote:
You guys are using the word 'tad' to describe a headphone that sounds like it's been buried in a cave and not seen light for 100 years.

These are the single darkest headphone I've owned/heard. I love them but damn they're dark.

I honestly don't hear them that way. Maybe the iPhone 4 brightens them up or something. They arent bright or sibilant, but the highs are still there. They have the same basic sound signature of the HD650. I like them the way they are, at least when paired with my iPhone 4. I dont want any extra treble.

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #993 of 1,345
I'm not saying the highs aren't there but they're friggin' dark. This is one of my favorite portables out there, by the way. I loved it because it meant they never got fatiguing but they needed a little bump EQ wise to be an all rounder for me.

Quote:
Quote:
You guys are using the word 'tad' to describe a headphone that sounds like it's been buried in a cave and not seen light for 100 years.

These are the single darkest headphone I've owned/heard. I love them but damn they're dark.

I use them straight out of my iPhone 4's headphone out with no EQ. I have zero complaints about this combo. Perfect blend of lows, mids, and highs for my tastes. Great clarity, detail, separation, and soundstage with these and the iPhone 4 as well.

The day after i got these i actually put my HD650's and HeadRoom amp/dac up for sale. I now just use the TMA-1 and iPhone both at home and on the go and havent looked back. I like them that much. I was just shocked to hear a much less expensive setup sound practically identical.

Nov 23, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #994 of 1,345

Quote:

I never said they were "a tad" dark. They are just dark... Good for some music, but needs eqing to be an all rounder without a doubt. And I agree, the darkness is what makes them nonfatiguing, which is nice.

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #996 of 1,345

Quote:
I Just ordered a pair. It was a hard decision between the the V-Moda's M-80s but thought the TMA's looked better even though the seem to be bigger in size, hope they sound better too...

Think you will be satisfied with the TMA's, because they sound and look good. There is too much hype over these V-Moda's anyway...

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #997 of 1,345

Quote:
I Just ordered a pair. It was a hard decision between the the V-Moda's M-80s but thought the TMA's looked better even though the seem to be bigger in size, hope they sound better too...

The sound is amazing, well-shaped bass, clear voices, you won't regret it mate.

By the way, are you searching for the Apple cable remote w/mic ?

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #998 of 1,345
Nope i don't have an iphone but an android phone. Probably going to buy the power amp app. But can you buy the cord with the mic and stuff separately? Also I'm probably going to need a regular headphone cord where would one get that? 

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #999 of 1,345

Quote:
Nope i don't have an iphone but an android phone. Probably going to buy the power amp app. But can you buy the cord with the mic and stuff separately? Also I'm probably going to need a regular headphone cord where would one get that? 

You can use any cable with the mic on the TMA-1. A popular choice is the Monster variant. However any one you can find will work just as well with no discernible sound quality difference.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #1,000 of 1,345

Quote:
You can use any cable with the mic on the TMA-1. A popular choice is the Monster variant. However any one you can find will work just as well with no discernible sound quality difference.

Hey do you know where i would be able to buy the monster variant of the cable with the mic/remote? And do the remotes for ipods/iphones work with android? 
Or even the aiaiai straight cable with the mic/control. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #1,001 of 1,345

Quote:
Hey do you know where i would be able to buy the monster variant of the cable with the mic/remote? And do the remotes for ipods/iphones work with android? 
Or even the aiaiai straight cable with the mic/control. 

Yup , you can buy some one eBay, but dont know if they're legit or what.

I got the aiaiai straight cable with remote/mic to sell if you want, but i dont know about the Android compatibility.

But i've found this topic http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/forum/ask-experts/777-android-compatible.html and i'm pretty sure this would work on Android devices

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #1,002 of 1,345

Quote:
Yup , you can buy some one eBay, but dont know if they're legit or what.

I got the aiaiai straight cable with remote/mic to sell if you want, but i dont know about the Android compatibility.

But i've found this topic http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/forum/ask-experts/777-android-compatible.html and i'm pretty sure this would work on Android devices

Technically speaking the volume buttons won't work stock. I think that there are apps that correct this, but as of right now there is nothing in the Android programming for it as far as I know at least. The play/pause button will work though :wink:

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #1,003 of 1,345

Quote:
Technically speaking the volume buttons won't work stock. I think that there are apps that correct this, but as of right now there is nothing in the Android programming for it as far as I know at least. The play/pause button will work though :wink:

Thanks for the answer mate :)

Hope this could help you icedcoffee10702

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #1,004 of 1,345
I just got my Limited edition TMA-1's in yesterday (G-Star edition) and when I took off the pads I noticed the golden driver.
Now I don't know if this has already been discussed (search function didn't mention anything) but these golden 40mm drivers look
almost exactly the same as the drivers in my Ultrasone HFI-2200 (and possibly other Ultrasone headphones).

Did anybody else notice this or am I seeing things that aren't there...??

Grz,

ric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back