AIAIAI TMA-1
Oct 23, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #961 of 1,345
I've had mine for over a month now and like them a lot. They actually replaced an HD650 and HeadRoom amp/dac used as an at home computer based setup. Now i just use the TMA-1's and my iPhone 4, and i am seriously just as happy with this much less expensive setup. They have a very similar sound, but i actually prefer the TMA-1. They just seem more detailed, especially in the bass and treble, and have more linear bass response. I have no regrets about my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #962 of 1,345
Something awesome happened by accident, I wrapped my cord around the headphones to the point it was kinda closing together. It was like this for about 2 hours, and when I tried it on the clamping was awesome. It was noticeably more tighter on my head, seemed to provide more isolation also

Now I'm thinking of doing this when I'm not using it, with a rubber band for more elasticity 

This shouldn't do any harm to the cans right?

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #964 of 1,345
Mine is already really tight, and i have a small head.

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #965 of 1,345
Nope, the TMA-1s are made with hardened rubber, so they are extremely flexible. So storing them with a rubber band won't do anything negative to them other than make them tighter. But they will return to their original state after wearing them. But doing so won't break them unless you are using the cable that is still plugged in. 

Quote:
Something awesome happened by accident, I wrapped my cord around the headphones to the point it was kinda closing together. It was like this for about 2 hours, and when I tried it on the clamping was awesome. It was noticeably more tighter on my head, seemed to provide more isolation also

Now I'm thinking of doing this when I'm not using it, with a rubber band for more elasticity 

This shouldn't do any harm to the cans right?

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #966 of 1,345
Does anyone know where i can buy a cord with a mic on it for this headphone? I know that the monstercable can be used, but i cant find a page to purchase it from.
Any other cord would also be apprechiated

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #967 of 1,345
Does anyone know where i can buy a cord with a mic on it for this headphone? I know that the monstercable can be used, but i cant find a page to purchase it from.
Any other cord would also be apprechiated

V-Moda also sells a 3.5 to 3.5 with a mic and ipod controls for $20.

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #969 of 1,345
So, i now have a pair of TMA-1 Fool's Gold-edition on the way. The AIAIAI support is flawless. I bought the cans here second hand, sent them a mail with feedback on what i thought of the phones (To which they responded and took note of everything i said, discussed a bit and so.) 

Then something weird happened, i think it was related to the foil on the driver. Or so it sounded. When the phones got pressed to my ear, like if i used my hand. The air pushed inside and you heard the sound of plastic-foil. Very annoying. But the sound of the phones weren't changed. I had the absolutely first revision, with the bad glue. So some of the soft-touch cover had been lost. 

They replaced them, and i asked if i could add some money to get the Fool's gold (as they had my long wanted cable-lock!) and that i got.

Did i mention i bought them second hand here on head-fi?

The TMA-1's fit my music perfectly. I absolutely love them.

So.. now i'll have 3 pairs of pleather pads, 3 pairs of synthetic (velour if i'm correct) and 1 pair of foam-pads. (But the foamies are essentialy worthless. For me atleast.)

And a minimum of 3 cables.

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #970 of 1,345

Quote:
So, i now have a pair of TMA-1 Fool's Gold-edition on the way. The AIAIAI support is flawless. I bought the cans here second hand, sent them a mail with feedback on what i thought of the phones (To which they responded and took note of everything i said, discussed a bit and so.) 

Then something weird happened, i think it was related to the foil on the driver. Or so it sounded. When the phones got pressed to my ear, like if i used my hand. The air pushed inside and you heard the sound of plastic-foil. Very annoying. But the sound of the phones weren't changed. I had the absolutely first revision, with the bad glue. So some of the soft-touch cover had been lost. 

They replaced them, and i asked if i could add some money to get the Fool's gold (as they had my long wanted cable-lock!) and that i got.

Did i mention i bought them second hand here on head-fi?

I met their rep once at AC Gears. Awesome person. They really are an amazing people friendly company. Of all the companies I have dealt with I have had the best luck and feedback with Aiaiai. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #972 of 1,345
Nov 1, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #974 of 1,345

Users who are viewing this thread

Back