AIAIAI TMA-1
Dec 10, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #423 of 1,345

Quote:
hmm...weird. i emailed AIAIAI a few days ago regarding my loose band and still no reply. do they have a phone number? 

From the order confirmation for the accessories I purchased:

"call us at +45 34 35 63 54 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm CET"

Quote:

and also they are going to make over ear versions of the tma...

Source?  If this is true, I'll probably be making another purchase. :)

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #424 of 1,345
http://www.beinghunted.com/v60/2010_features/aiaiai_tma-1/04.php

enjoy

"The TMA-1 could be seen as a flagship for AIAIAI in a new segment. What are

some of the future plans with it that you can already tell us about?
Jacob: We are looking into several ideas spurred from working on the TMA-1 project. Ranging from larger over-ear versions to being able to do custom sound settings and emulations. We are also looking into ear protection as part of the TMA-1 project. Most musicians suffer some kind of hearing impairment. Frankly everyone with an iPod/MP3 likely suffers some level of hearing impairment without really knowing it. This somewhat invisible problem is something we will dedicate quite some time and resources to in the future. "

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #425 of 1,345

Quote:
http://www.beinghunted.com/v60/2010_features/aiaiai_tma-1/04.php

enjoy

"The TMA-1 could be seen as a flagship for AIAIAI in a new segment. What are

some of the future plans with it that you can already tell us about?
Jacob: We are looking into several ideas spurred from working on the TMA-1 project. Ranging from larger over-ear versions to being able to do custom sound settings and emulations. We are also looking into ear protection as part of the TMA-1 project. Most musicians suffer some kind of hearing impairment. Frankly everyone with an iPod/MP3 likely suffers some level of hearing impairment without really knowing it. This somewhat invisible problem is something we will dedicate quite some time and resources to in the future. "

"Larger over-ear versions" and "custom sound settings and emulations" both intrigue me.  Thanks for the link!

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #427 of 1,345
REceived my TMA's some days ago, and been enjoying them a lot since. They sounded muffled at first, but after a few minutes the treble and the mids started to sound a lot more present to my ears.

Bought a Monster 3' icable to go with them. The cable's a litlle short for my liking, but I'm 6"2, so that may be the cause.

Need to buy another very short IC for connecting it to my sansa clip, same as what dfkt did (almost wireless :D).

Btw, i can hear a sensible difference between my ipod classic and my clip now, which i didn't with any previous headphones I had ('SM2, ER4P)

On another note, do you guys think i would see a improvement by adding an amp to the chain?

Thx

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #428 of 1,345
anyone looking for monster cables.....

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400166308659#ht_1287wt_763

http://cgi.ebay.com/Replacement-cable-Monster-Beats-Studio-Solo-headphone-/320627782351?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4aa6e7b2cf#ht_3375wt_996

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #429 of 1,345
Update:

apparently AIAIAI did not make any changes with the band. whatever, i still love my mine :)

Here is the email:

Quote:
Thanks for your mail and for filling out our customer return form. We are sorry to hear about the issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately the information is not correct and we do not have a new version with a more securing fit. What we have changed is the process of glueing the headband - but you already have the latest version as it was only the first batch suffering from this problem.

I guess you have already adjusted the fit by pulling the earcups down or pushing them up a little. Despite this, we cannot really help you out at the moment. We are working on a new version of the TMA-1 but it will take some months before we can say more about that.

Again sorry for the inconveniences. Hope though you can enjoy the TMA-1 anyways.

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #431 of 1,345

Quote:
Update:

apparently AIAIAI did not make any changes with the band. whatever, i still love my mine :)

Here is the email:

Quote:

Thanks for your mail and for filling out our customer return form. We are sorry to hear about the issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately the information is not correct and we do not have a new version with a more securing fit. What we have changed is the process of glueing the headband - but you already have the latest version as it was only the first batch suffering from this problem.

I guess you have already adjusted the fit by pulling the earcups down or pushing them up a little. Despite this, we cannot really help you out at the moment. We are working on a new version of the TMA-1 but it will take some months before we can say more about that.

Again sorry for the inconveniences. Hope though you can enjoy the TMA-1 anyways.

Well at least there's no gluing problem. Maybe the new glue they used to fix it helps with the clamping force slightly? 

Maybe..

Anyway, still looking forward to mine.

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #433 of 1,345
Just got them from The Glade with 10% off (Advent calendar promo code)

@andkoppel: thanks again for the shopping tip

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #434 of 1,345

Quote:
Just got them from The Glade with 10% off (Advent calendar promo code)

@andkoppel: thanks again for the shopping tip

I am glad that you got a good deal on your TMA-1. I have been enjyoyng mine for five days and I like them a lot. Just one warning: give them time to burn in, the sound changes (or our minds do) quite a bit.

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #435 of 1,345
Did you guys notice any decrease in bass quantity and punchiness after using your TMA's for a while ?

EDIT : The bass was really bothering me, as there's wasn't any bass anymore, even worse than my Etys. So I called DJ Tech tools to ask for an return. They told me its was a known problem with the first batch a Headphones, and that AIAIAI was organizing the returns. Big bummer for me. I'll keep you guys posted on the situation. Hope they handle this well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back