AIAIAI TMA-1
Dec 5, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #361 of 1,345

Quote:
CURLY YOU THERE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTIONS?

Sorry.  Busy day today, but my efforts earned me a clean, organized office. :)

Quote:
Finally got to order mine from Dijital Fix, $168.85 CAD After Shipping. Can't wait to get these cans, they look so sexy, and if the sound is truly as great as the M50's that I had a year back, then you consider me a happy girl.

I really liked the sound of the M50's, but they were too bulky with a huge cord. Now that I can get very similar SQ in a portable package though, It's great!

Looking forward to your impressions Curly, please let us know a day earlier~! You know you want to.

Congrats on the purchase!  Sorry, but apart from a few odds and ends tomorrow's the day that I'm able to sit down for an extended period of time, keep some headphones on, and articulate my thoughts via keystrokes.

Quote:
I've also actually heard that they recently replaced the cable in the box, either that or they include the straight cable, idk for sure.

Mine arrived with the standard coiled cable.  Not bad overall, but it's so easily replaceable I'll probably end up grabbing a shorter, straight one at some point for the sake of convenience. (preferably one with the threads for the screw-on 1/4" adapter)

By the way, I don't fault WhiteCrow for his opinion of the TMA-1 based on his limited experience with them.  I would probably share a parallel opinion under similar circumstances. (although, I wouldn't harbor such crass certainty in my ignorance)  More on that tomorrow...

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #362 of 1,345
Refreshrefreshrefresh. Waiting on your thoughts Curly, actually really excited to hear a detailed analysis. 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #363 of 1,345

Quote:
Refreshrefreshrefresh. Waiting on your thoughts Curly, actually really excited to hear a detailed analysis. 
smile_phones.gif

Sorry for the delay.  I've been listening all morning and have just completed my notes.  I need to run a few errands, but when I return I'll sit down and write a proper article.  The M50 and TMA-1 have proven to be two completely different experiences and I really needed to afford both the adequate time to shine.  

As a quick statement to tide you over, I just took off the TMA-1 about five minutes ago... and you still couldn't wipe the smile from my face with a power sander. :)

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #364 of 1,345
Sounds interesting, I'm excited to hear what makes them different and which ends up being the "better" pair of Cans.

I can't wait for mine to arrive, and considering that near me they cost $279 near me, it's great that I got them for $100 less. Either way, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Looking forward to your notes and impressions. 
atsmile.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #365 of 1,345
i just got my TMA-1's from dijitalfix.com and i couldn't be happier with my purchase. i don't understand people complaining about how loose these headphones are i don't have a ll cool j size dome (i wear 7 1/4 new era fitted) but they fit perfect they don't slide off or anything. I don't really like the coiled cable. I'll probably get the beats by dre red aux cable. these headphones are the ultimate.

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #366 of 1,345
Yeah, I agree. They have about the perfect amount of clamping force for any sort of listening which does not involve severe moving around like jogging. I don't find them loose either. I guess people with very small noggins could find them somewhat looser though. I'm glad they don't clamp my melon like a vice, as my old AKG K81dj's do. 

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #368 of 1,345

Quote:
i just got my TMA-1's from dijitalfix.com and i couldn't be happier with my purchase. i don't understand people complaining about how loose these headphones are i don't have a ll cool j size dome (i wear 7 1/4 new era fitted) but they fit perfect they don't slide off or anything. I don't really like the coiled cable. I'll probably get the beats by dre red aux cable. these headphones are the ultimate.

Chiming in here with a head that comes in a shade under size 7. (so usually order size 7) - so yeah, they could be too loose. With the T50p, I have to put it up above the highest rung, so that they are no longer able to swivel. And even then the headband doesn't shape to my head and look rather silly. At least they sound great.

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #370 of 1,345

Quote:

where can i buy the red beats cable? im looking to replace the coiled cable as well. 

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #371 of 1,345

Quote:
Quote:

where can i buy the red beats cable? im looking to replace the coiled cable as well. 

I just ordered the straight cable straight from AIAIAI. Their cable looks a lot better, and in the long run will probably cost less than a comparable cable from a dedicated cable store. That, and the beats cables could be fake if you get them online or from Ebay.

Dec 6, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #373 of 1,345

Quote:
Quote:
Just won my set of TMA-1s on eBay for £117 - not half bad considering they are £180 on amazon in the UK. 

Which 3.5mm interconnect do people recommend to make them a little more portable?

https://eventhorizon-srv.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_27_151&products_id=3079&osCsid=o1aollosgm7j7oju21ua22h5s2

That looks like the right one for the job.

I like the fact that you can label either end. Anyone got any good suggestions as to what to write? Something funny perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back