AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 16, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #1,351 of 5,483
I listened to electronic music extensively at CanJam SoCal with the Aeons. They are excellent for it, but note that are not basshead headphones. If you want that, I recommend looking at Fostex TH-X00. The Aeons cover all genres well.

Thank you very much !
My plan is actually not to really use them for listening. I am looking for something to work (compose and pre-mix) for hours in a rather strange condition where I need comfortable closed and rather "flat" headphones. Do you think that would be good for that ?
I was thinking of planar magenetic because I am using millions of very very sharp attacks (almost dirac). They sound pretty good on a multichannel D&B E12 system. It is surely another story on headphones...
Thanks again.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #1,352 of 5,483
Jotunheim with balanced dac is in! It didn't change the balance of the Aeon's sound, but the Aeon now gets appreciable volume when called for, and tiny nuances are rendered better with less muck in the background. Time to compare it heavily against the PM3 and then the Elear.

May 16, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #1,353 of 5,483
Thank you very much !
My plan is actually not to really use them for listening. I am looking for something to work (compose and pre-mix) for hours in a rather strange condition where I need comfortable closed and rather "flat" headphones. Do you think that would be good for that ?
I was thinking of planar magenetic because I am using millions of very very sharp attacks (almost dirac). They sound pretty good on a multichannel D&B E12 system. It is surely another story on headphones...
Thanks again.
I'd call them slightly warm sounding so not completely flat (but take this judgment with a grain of salt as I'm not that experienced of a listener). They are very comfortable and of moderate weight. I can only attest to how excellent they are for listening as I've never composed before.

May 17, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #1,354 of 5,483
Another question: Tax in the EU.
How does it work ? Do I always have to pay the tax or there is a chance I do not have to ?
Maybe it is worth going to the US for a weekend though. :wink:

Thanks again !

(I believe tax is good if it is dedicated to the common good for the people :D)

I had to pay them(180eur) and it ****ed up the purpouse of buying without even having tried them...

May 17, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #1,356 of 5,483
Anyone else who got an early shipment have any thoughts or impressions? Gotta keep that drip feed of info flowing as I'm order #11137 and it may be a few more days/weeks before I get to hear these for myself. Btw, dan, appreciated that e-mail update.

May 17, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,357 of 5,483
Agree with Impact Audio. Great stuff for fair prices.

Totally agree. Great quality, low price, and about a 4 week turnaround.

After waiting almost 14 weeks for my cable from another well known maker, system glitches that showed my order complete when it hadn't even been made yet, and multiple unkept promises, it was nice to deal with someone reliable.

May 17, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #1,358 of 5,483
I'm pleased to say boxes and cases are now in San Diego, we should begin shipping tomorrow.
Hi. Please, you have a prevision about availability from your european distributor?
thank you

May 17, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #1,360 of 5,483
Hi. Please, you have a prevision about availability from your european distributor?
thank you

Our first European distributor to get stock will be the UK, we're limiting initial delivery to our largest and longest-term distributors, which include the UK, Japan, Australia, Southeast Asia and China. Smaller countries will start to receive product in July.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 17, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #1,361 of 5,483
Jotunheim with balanced dac is in! It didn't change the balance of the Aeon's sound, but the Aeon now gets appreciable volume when called for, and tiny nuances are rendered better with less muck in the background. Time to compare it heavily against the PM3 and then the Elear.

Well...?

May 17, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #1,362 of 5,483
Norne is my go to for custom cables. Beautiful craftsmanship and fair prices.
Don't know......every order I place with Norne ends up taking 5 times longer than stated. Nice cables, but not a very good experience ultimately. He needs to get his act together.

May 17, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #1,364 of 5,483
His low cost high quality cables has gotten to be in such high demand he cannot keep up.

two very good sources of moderately priced good quality cables I have found are Plussound and Impact Audio. The quality of work is excellent and they have both been right on time with completion and shipment estimates.

May 18, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #1,365 of 5,483
Our first European distributor to get stock will be the UK, we're limiting initial delivery to our largest and longest-term distributors, which include the UK, Japan, Australia, Southeast Asia and China. Smaller countries will start to receive product in July.
Thank you. Sorry my doubt but mrspeakers europe(sonority) is your distributor for europe or i'm wrong?
I think E.U. is a large market

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back