Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Jul 8, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #691 of 830
Sound isolation and leakage are quite good with the Noire.

I have never heard the TH900 mk2 so cannot comment definitively but I have previously read the 900s are quite bright, and if that is the case it would represent one difference with the Noire that are a little more laid back. Also read the bass on the 900 is probably more pronounced. Looking at Crinnacle’s graphs it would seem to confirm that the 900s are more V shaped while the Noire more neutral…. Based on that, some might say the 900 is more fun/intense while the Noire is more reserved/boring…. But, take what I am saying with a grain of salt as I am comparing one headphone that I own to another that I have only read about or seen frequency response graphs for!
Thank you.
Another question, tried searching for a comparison in this thread but couldn’t find — how does the Noire 2 stack up to the Hifiman HE6SE?

Jul 8, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #692 of 830
Could anyone comment on how the Aeon 2 Noire compare to Fostex TH900Mk2? Anyone owned/owns both?

Also, curious how good is Noire’s sound isolation and sound leakage?

Many thanks in advance! 👍
I can comment on the isolation side of things, it's been too long since I've heard the TH900 to give you a clear idea of how they stack up against one another.

Their isolation is higher than average for a close-back, in my experience. Those big, supple pads go right down to your jaw and create a nice seal - although glasses-wearers might add some commentary here as to whether that might affect things.

There's some building work being done at my home at the moment, and the Aeon 2 Noire hasn't left my head for a few weeks while the powertools have been running. It's been a god-send.

There's no leakage whatsoever.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #693 of 830
Hope some trickledown tech comes to any future Aeon3 from new Stealth can.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #694 of 830
The Stealth looks like an Aeon 3 basically. It looks like a heavily modified Aeon 1 / 2.

Aug 21, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #695 of 830
The Stealth looks like an Aeon 3 basically. It looks like a heavily modified Aeon 1 / 2.
Aeon3/c will be in reach $$ of mere mortals hopefully though. Am priced out the market on Stealth anyway.
Hope any future Aeon 3s are GRAY (!)

After filtering a ton of cans last year settled on Aeon2c and LCD-4z as my closed/open sets.
Being back in my home country last 1 year + just had better access to testing stuff finally.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #696 of 830
According to Amir over at ASR the new Stealth sets the standard for an incredible measuring headphone and subjectively for a really well tuned headphone. Dan Clark and team hit it out of the park, but at $3999, clearly you should.

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #697 of 830
Hi guys I have a small issue with my headphones holder headbands. Where I can buy this. I sent a request to Dan Clark but not was answered for more then a week.

Attachments

• F9FD2152-A842-4435-BB02-5D5A77F6F1CA.jpeg
    F9FD2152-A842-4435-BB02-5D5A77F6F1CA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #703 of 830
Mail them again. I had an issue with the slider where tightening the screw repeatedly finally broke the thread in the plastic piece. After a short exchange with Sue, I was sent some replacement parts to fix it myself. It was in the middle of covid, though, so it took months for the parcel to reach me.

Aug 22, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #705 of 830
An AEON 2 Closed on NOS, probably. The "Dom & Family" modified variant. :wink:

Well, if the Stealth is really that good, I hope that the tech and any accumulated tuning know-how is trickled down to the real successors to the AEON 2 family of headphones. That'll be a real slam-dunk hit for Dan Clark Audio, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back