Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
May 4, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #676 of 830
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #678 of 830
Which Dekoni earpads leaves the FR almost unaltered to stock earpads ? Just the collapsing earpads is annoying and having to work them back into place every week.
These cans have so many plus points, and I'd honestly take a bit more weight in the magnets to give them that bit more heft/kick in the bass department.

I'd also be interested in the hybrids, if they don't wonk the FR.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #679 of 830
Trying them out with my Qudelix 5K right now because my wife is using my laptop at my desk (where my desktop setup also is) for a Zoom call so I dont have access to my usual desktop or laptop sources. Perfect excuse to test my Aeon 2 Closed Noire with my 5K and, although I definitely prefer them with my Grace Design m900 (usually use my Noire with this at my standing desk/laptop setup in my living room) the Noire isn't too bad with the 5K (esp for a tiny $110 device). Here is a screenshot to show where my volume is currently (streaming Amazon Music HD via LDAC 990 from my LG V60 --> Qudelix 5K --> Hart Audio cable with 2.5mm balanced interconnect --> Aeon 2 Closed Noire). Plenty of headroom for me but I think I do tend to listen at lower volumes than others.
Fiio BTR5 works amazingly well with them also at medium volume.

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #680 of 830
Which Dekoni earpads leaves the FR almost unaltered to stock earpads ? Just the collapsing earpads is annoying and having to work them back into place every week.
These cans have so many plus points, and I'd honestly take a bit more weight in the magnets to give them that bit more heft/kick in the bass department.

I'd also be interested in the hybrids, if they don't wonk the FR.

According to Dekoni the sheepskin are closest to stock.
Check this out https://dekoniaudio.com/aeon-flow-2-measurements/

I don't have hands on experience to give to you though someone else might.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #682 of 830
The Dekoni sheepskins add a little extra treble so if you don't like the stock treble then I'd say stick with the stock pads.
Aha, yip not wanting to add any treble..if anything touch more bass and mids/treble unaltered..in direction of L-shape with this can would be ideal.

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #683 of 830
Aha, yip not wanting to add any treble..if anything touch more bass and mids/treble unaltered..in direction of L-shape with this can would be ideal.
It’s not an extreme amount but on the aeon RT closed, it added a little extra bass and I needed the 2 notch white instead of the single notch filter to ease the added treble.

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #684 of 830
It’s not an extreme amount but on the aeon RT closed, it added a little extra bass and I needed the 2 notch white instead of the single notch filter to ease the added treble.
OK, am on the medium density filter as it is.

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #685 of 830
Could you please suggest a decent alternative to A2C with similar signature, still portable (preferably even foldable) with good isolation but less power hungry?

I am looking for a side-grade for my Cascades with more natural and neutral mid-centric sound and liked it much more compared to WP900, AP2000Ti, D5200 and Elegia but my L&P W2 is too weak to drive them properly even high gain balanced.

I've heard good words about Celestee but haven't had a chance to listen to them yet, any more options?

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #686 of 830
Is there any particular gear that you guys found wrings every bit of sound quality out of A2Cs ?
Multibit, FPGA, a specific dac/amp combo, an aftermarket tube that released the magic etc ?

I could almost swear...instrument separation and sub-bass extension and quantity improved when I got a thick guage pure OCC after-market balanced cable from plussound.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #687 of 830
Is there any particular gear that you guys found wrings every bit of sound quality out of A2Cs ?
Multibit, FPGA, a specific dac/amp combo, an aftermarket tube that released the magic etc ?

I could almost swear...instrument separation and sub-bass extension and quantity improved when I got a thick guage pure OCC after-market balanced cable from plussound.
i find the A2C a very nice combination with my Jotunheim 2 MB.

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #688 of 830

I am constantly amazed at the pairing with Chord Mojo. Particularly using the perforated pads. Add a shorter cable and the Poly streamer for amazing portability and convenience.

Jul 8, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #690 of 830
Could anyone comment on how the Aeon 2 Noire compare to Fostex TH900Mk2? Anyone owned/owns both?

Also, curious how good is Noire’s sound isolation and sound leakage?

Many thanks in advance! 👍
Sound isolation and leakage are quite good with the Noire.

I have never heard the TH900 mk2 so cannot comment definitively but I have previously read the 900s are quite bright, and if that is the case it would represent one difference with the Noire that are a little more laid back. Also read the bass on the 900 is probably more pronounced. Looking at Crinnacle’s graphs it would seem to confirm that the 900s are more V shaped while the Noire more neutral…. Based on that, some might say the 900 is more fun/intense while the Noire is more reserved/boring…. But, take what I am saying with a grain of salt as I am comparing one headphone that I own to another that I have only read about or seen frequency response graphs for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back