Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Feb 2, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #558 of 830
The paint on my A2C is very delicate, I haven't done anything crazy with them and the paint is all scratched. Does anyone else has this issue?

EA003890-1BA2-4564-9C45-2516A37D2536.jpegFE975131-D4A4-400B-A77B-BE87434665D3.jpeg6D5155FC-94D8-4FDB-AFF6-D60A97384441.jpeg

I have no such issues. But maybe I am even more delicate. Or you are not as delicate as you think (ask your spouse/kids/pets) :smirk:

Feb 2, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #559 of 830
I have no such issues. But maybe I am even more delicate. Or you are not as delicate as you think (ask your spouse/kids/pets) :smirk:

Oh, reading the other post, I should have said "ask Dan".

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #560 of 830
The paint on my A2C is very delicate, I haven't done anything crazy with them and the paint is all scratched. Does anyone else has this issue?

The SN on your unit indicates this was from the affected batch I discussed in my post, contact us from the footer on our website and we'll fix it right up. Sorry about that!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 6, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #563 of 830
The RT closed sounded fine off the JDS Atom my roommate has. I think the RT/X aeons scale well with better gear but I think the Atom will hold you over just fine. If you grab better gear down the road then at least you know the aeons will scale with it.
Is there a logical upgrade to the JDS Atom in the 200 to 300 range? The Atom seems to power the Closed X fine but I might take a run at a little more power. Not looking to spend a fortune or jump down the rabbit whole.

Feb 6, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #564 of 830
Anyone recommend a portable amp that goes well with A2C (not interested in iFi stuff)...looking to enhance a great but cheap portable r2r DACs ability in the stack...on the warmer side would better...looking at Phatlab Chimera JFET/tube amp later - as its a stack of cash for something portable.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #565 of 830
Anyone recommend a portable amp that goes well with A2C (not interested in iFi stuff)...looking to enhance a great but cheap portable r2r DACs ability in the stack...on the warmer side would better...looking at Phatlab Chimera JFET/tube amp later - as its a stack of cash for something portable.
It’s been recommended a lot already, but the Chord Mojo is a great pairing. It’s neutral but most listeners describe it as on the warmer side. Plenty of power. If your budget allows, adding Poly (wireless streamer attachment) will make it even more versatile.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #566 of 830
It’s been recommended a lot already, but the Chord Mojo is a great pairing. It’s neutral but most listeners describe it as on the warmer side. Plenty of power. If your budget allows, adding Poly (wireless streamer attachment) will make it even more versatile.
Thanks, I'm looking for an amp to stack with an r2R DAC I have, not after an all-in-1 - as I'm trying to draw out the best from the DAC's output to something with more power.Owned Mojo before, just so-so with slightly rougher treble.

NVMD : I have just found a higher output version of the r2r unit on aliX and will slap an Energizer portable 15v LPS on it for the higher voltage output...The chip is the TDA1387x8 and while not the absolute last word in detail like Chord or ES9038, it has crazy good cohesive holographic imaging and solid analogue goodness.Brings out the mids so well on A2C.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #567 of 830
Is there a way to loosen the clamp a bit on a new pair?
The fit is good but it clamps a bit too much for my preferenceIMG_20210129_145557.jpg
The screw head on the ventral side of the headband controls the clamp pressure.

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #569 of 830
Hi, what sub 500€ amp(or combo) would give the Aeon2 some nice bass slam? (even at moderate listening levels)
Now i'm driving it with a DAP and tho it sounds good i don't get bass slam. (it claims to put out 1240mW in a 32ohm load)
Would somthing like a Musical Fidelity M1HPA class A (and can find it cheap second hand) work well or would you go with a smsl sp200 class D(or similar)

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #570 of 830
The screw head on the ventral side of the headband controls the clamp pressure.
How does that work exactly? Thought that screw was only there to keep the headband 'in place' and to tweak the resistance of the sliding mechanism.
I think he means just slide that vertical slide up just a little bit (that makes it clamp just a little less)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back