Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Jul 6, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #406 of 474

Interesting multi color shell technique on a pair of W500

Those are INSANE!  So Cool!  
eek.gif

--

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #407 of 474
  Interesting multi color shell technique on a pair of W500

They look great. Is it an experiment or available to order?

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #408 of 474
This thread should be the general AAW thread,

Nebula Two has been announced and a pair is making it’s way to me for review, along with a pair of their new Q IEM, both are universal monitors, the Nebula Two is a dual driver hybrid design, Q uses a micro driver and it designed to be tiny and almost invisible when inserted.

Cannot wait to hear them,

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #409 of 474
Just curious, does AAW have a custom IEM Faceplate template which I can use? I plan on getting the A2H In October with a custom faceplate design but I have no idea how to go about submitting the design.

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #410 of 474
  Just curious, does AAW have a custom IEM Faceplate template which I can use? I plan on getting the A2H In October with a custom faceplate design but I have no idea how to go about submitting the design.

Well for custom artwork we don't really have house designs, however by definition of custom designs, you are welcome to submit any designs of you liking, we will try our best to materialize that.

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #411 of 474
  Well for custom artwork we don't really have house designs, however by definition of custom designs, you are welcome to submit any designs of you liking, we will try our best to materialize that.

Do you all do any rendering of the custom artwork before materializing it?

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #412 of 474
Hey guys, Could someone recommend me the best upgrade cable for W500 Ahmorph ? I think it has this annoying bright upper mid that makes it harsh listening to female vocal especially jpop sometimes .

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #413 of 474
I found my endgame CIEM in the W500. For me, it represents the best possible sound. Bass has a rumbling neck-quaking quality I've never heard from pure BA IEMs. The soundstage is immense. Mids and highs are clear and crisp and don't suffer from the timbral colouring of BA drivers.
The cable provided seems to be of the highest quality.
The craftsmanship of the CIEMs appears to be equal to Rhines and superior to most (I won't name the others but suffice it to say some are 2K$ competitors).

All in all, the AAW W500 provides me with what I've been seeking all this time.
Well done folks!

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #414 of 474
W900 coming - 9driver hybrid (1Dynamic, dual low, dual mid, quad high-setup) - custom and universal version. Price not stated (yet)

quote from their announcement:

"Developed and enhanced based on our acclaimed W500 reference custom in-ear monitor, W900 is at the summit of our ideology of fusing the best traits out of dynamic and balanced armature drivers. Instead of creating high order RC crossover network, which usually causes chaotic phase shift and scrambled arrival timing, AAW uses a complete new approach called TrueXross to solve the classic coherence issue in hybrid earphones. The dynamic driver is proprietary tuned diaphragm wise and by further utilizing a physical low pass filter, it is to only function in minimal overlapping frequency range as opposed to the balanced armature driver. Coupled with delicate positional arrangement and front acoustic chamber design, AAW is able to achieve improved coherence, minimized phase shift and optimized arrival timing of music signal.
W900 is designed to be true reference equipment, it offers powerful yet natural sub bass which you will never find in a full balanced armature CIEM. The 4 way crossover network configures dedicated woofer, mid, treble and super tweeters. Inherited W500’s well-praised musical imaging, instrument separation and realistic sound stage, W900 steps up the game by offering extended treble and superior detail retrieval. The end result being a high-end speaker like performance condensed in a tiny footprint of CIEM.
AAW worked with the best balanced armature maker in the world to develop the bespoke super tweeter drivers used in W900. It ensures non-compromising sound pressure all the way up to 20kHz and further extends to 40kHz. 
Suitable for stage performers, recording studio, audio engineers and the most critical audiophiles. Every AAW custom is customised to fill exact cavity of your ears. The CIEM experience is started with a trip to audiologist to have ear impressions taken and AAW will carefully craft the monitor shells mirroring their shapes. Delicately tuned and matched transducers are then mounted into the shells to create a one of a kind earpiece for you and you only. Universal shape for W900 is also available."

https://www.aaw.me/pages/capri-balanced-lightning-audio-cable-for-in-ear-monitor?utm_source=Subscribers&utm_campaign=760c645985-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2016_11_27&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1556409f6c-760c645985-28427709&ct=t(Capri_W90011_29_2016)&mc_cid=760c645985&mc_eid=a997883306

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #417 of 474
assume so. 4 drivers more than the W500, so rule of thumb would say they charge 100 Dollars more per driver plus some extra charges for the newly created marketing buzzwords.
Am attending the launch event on Sunday so we will see then. They will have pre-order specials then.

But bad choice of date for launch, my Christmas budget is already planned.... Hopefully special prices again during CanJam Singapore next year.

I was actually having a W350 in sight....but who knows...

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #418 of 474
  assume so. 4 drivers more than the W500, so rule of thumb would say they charge 100 Dollars more per driver plus some extra charges for the newly created marketing buzzwords.
Am attending the launch event on Sunday so we will see then. They will have pre-order specials then.

But bad choice of date for launch, my Christmas budget is already planned.... Hopefully special prices again during CanJam Singapore next year.

I was actually having a W350 in sight....but who knows...

R&D costs tend to push things higher. In the case of W900, I've actually heard of other designs they've had over the past 1-2 years since their previous flagships, some more wacky than others. They've been taking their time to get things right.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #420 of 474
Hey guys, Could someone recommend me the best upgrade cable for W500 Ahmorph ? I think it has this annoying bright upper mid that makes it harsh listening to female vocal especially jpop sometimes .
Beat Audio Billow Cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back