Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Jun 21, 2014 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 474

average_joe

Headphoneus Supremus
Null-Audio is now offering a new line of CIEMs, including low cost hybrids, from manufacturer Advanced AcousticWerkes. The goal is to provide excellent price/performance with fast turn times to appeal to not just headphone enthusiasts, but the general public that has become used to spending more on headphones.

There are two lines, the Musiker line, which is the affordable line and the Meister line which offers a more audiophile sound.  The Musiker line consists of 5 CIEMs, 1 dynamic and 4 hybrids, while the Meister line has two products, a single dynamic and a hybrid.  Prices start at $199 USD for the single dynamic and $239 for the hybrid.  

image.tiff

The hybrids are supposed to be much more coherent than the Elpis hybrid previously sold by Null-Audio.  I will be receiving some of the models for review and will add impressions later.

More information here.

There will be a demo tour for the A2H, A2H-W, and W300.  More info to come.

Information on the all new W500.

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #2 of 474
I am surprised that this thread isn't more popular. I had the chance of auditioning the some of Musiker line last weekend. I only tried each for 15-20 mins so take what I say with a pinch of salt. I'd say the Musiker lineup offers serious bang for buck, especially if you consider that they include ear impressions in the listed price (well only if you live locally in Singapore). Oh and the turnaround time is only 28 days!

At only S$249, the A1D is the star of the show imo. Mid centric, smooth, warm but not really mid forward. Great bass texture and punch. Treble is not really crystal clear but it is forgivable for the price. Soundstage is wide, especially in comparison to my JH5. Comparing this to the similarly priced universals (local price) like SE215 and Westone 1, A1D is a class ahead.

The A2H is too V-shaped to my liking . The mids sounds out of place. Too recessed.
The A3H is also very impressive. The most balanced of all 3 imo, but is not exactly flat. Bass is boosted. I have not tried many higher end CIEMs myself to compare this with, but it clearly outperforms my JH5.

I hope this company gets more exposure as they seem to know what they are doing. And I really really hope you can get your hands (or ears) on these joe, as one of the few reviewers I trust :)

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #3 of 474
I'm also waiting to hear your impressions, Average Joe, as I live only a few hours drive from Singapore and can easily head down there for a day or two to get some customs underway.

I'm vacillating between shelling out big money for the Rooth LS-6 or going for the cheaper Advanced AcousticWerkes AH3-V and am pretty keen to hear what you think of the latter.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #11 of 474
Man I do not understand why EVERYONE is taking this route. Technical innovation through signature ajustement. JH, Earsonics, Noble, VE, and now these. Seems more like a technical challenge than a true benefit to the user...that is just my opinion but I feel they should find the best sound possible and stick to it....I know all the counter arguments about mood and source and versatility, I just don't buy it that. For isntance my Roxannes will stay around 12 I think and if I ever get the VE6x control, X1 would suit me better.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #14 of 474
Man I do not understand why EVERYONE is taking this route. Technical innovation through signature ajustement. JH, Earsonics, Noble, VE, and now these. Seems more like a technical challenge than a true benefit to the user...that is just my opinion but I feel they should find the best sound possible and stick to it....I know all the counter arguments about mood and source and versatility, I just don't buy it that. For isntance my Roxannes will stay around 12 I think and if I ever get the VE6x control, X1 would suit me better.

You forgot Hidition with Viento-R. I think Lime Ears had something with switch too. Also let's not forget the LEAR BD4.2 who passed SE5way in overall score.

Though I got your point and I think the same way. For example, if I got BD4.2, I am sure I would find a good bass spot for me in the tuning and set it then probably never touch it again. Same goes for Roxanne or most probably any other adjustable c/iems.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #15 of 474
Hmmm I may just go pay Null a visit again one of these days since I'm on decent terms with them anyway. I gave them feedback on the original tuning of the W500, so I hope they've taken it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back