ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Jun 23, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #556 of 1,234
Ok, this confuses me a bit again, lol. But to be honest I have a feeling I may consider Encore to be a bit veiled from the descriptions given so far.

Demo seems to be the only way to clarify my thoughts.

I have had 30 hours of listening with mine now ; I would say that they are not as prominent on the treble signature as my HD800s, however, when compared to my other IEMs (IE800s X10is) the treble is of a similar signature , i.e that the bass is more prominent and the treble is slightly more laid back.
There is plenty enough detail for my liking but I am more and more convinced you would prefer the Evokes. They have not as much bass emphasis and the treble has more emphasis. What you hear in the demo version of either phone will sound so much better through a CIEM version.

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #557 of 1,234
Still adjusting to the sound Sig, but I don't find these bad monsters...Not that bad in lacking, it's there, tuneful, bouncy, but not AT bass, say. The sound holes are really small, and I'm getting the sense they are really sensitive to slight changes in position, seal, angle, and the slightest bit of ear wax will change it dramatically (not for the better).

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #558 of 1,234
Still adjusting to the sound Sig, but I don't find these bad monsters...Not that bad in lacking, it's there, tuneful, bouncy, but not AT bass, say. The sound holes are really small, and I'm getting the sense they are really sensitive to slight changes in position, seal, angle, and the slightest bit of ear wax will change it dramatically (not for the better).

I think so too. Sometimes they blow my mind, other times they sound just okay. Sometimes I have to turn the volume right up, other times they sound good at moderate levels. I've wondered whether the problems I've had are less to do with fit than what you describe here. One thing to bear in mind - and I'm sure I'm not imagining it - is that they seem to fit better - and sound better too - the longer you have them in your ears.

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #559 of 1,234

I think so too. Sometimes they blow my mind, other times they sound just okay. Sometimes I have to turn the volume right up, other times they sound good at moderate levels. I've wondered whether the problems I've had are less to do with fit than what you describe here. One thing to bear in mind - and I'm sure I'm not imagining it - is that they seem to fit better - and sound better too - the longer you have them in your ears.

I believe they expand a bit when they sit in your ears for a bit. Same experience with variability, some nights they are amazing, last night, didn't like the sound. Cloudy. I'm away for a few days, didn't take them, experiment a bit more when I get back.

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #561 of 1,234
ACS don't do reshells and Piotr of Custom Art is also reluctant. There must be something strange about the way the Encore is put together. Now that I've listened to a few IEMs - including the JH Angie and Westone W60 - I'm confident that the Encore more than holds its own. Left hand side still isn't perfect but I've accepted that it's good enough.

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #562 of 1,234
ACS don't do reshells and Piotr of Custom Art is also reluctant. There must be something strange about the way the Encore is put together. Now that I've listened to a few IEMs - including the JH Angie and Westone W60 - I'm confident that the Encore more than holds its own. Left hand side still isn't perfect but I've accepted that it's good enough.

Funny, that is my current impression as well. The left isn't a perfect fit, (don't think my mutant left ear canal is made for a perfect fit), but it sounds quite fine as is. I don't hear it as the bass monster it is presented as (might be the fit issue), but there is certainly enough bass, and the clarity, mids, detail, "there"-ness, is great...one of the few headphones I put on and I don't miss my Hifiman HE-1000 (have been using it with the MicroZOTL-I know, over the top-but, man, sounds great, hum not there last time I listened, maybe was an issue of the adaptor...)

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #563 of 1,234
Been considering buying Tony's Acs's from him but numerous factor's have cropped up making that impossible (for me).  Got me thinking though.  How good is the isolation (which is the real reason I'm interested in c/iems in the first place) of silicone?  I tend to do my listening at work which is a very noisy area.  Also how good are the encore's for rock and metal specifically?

Thanks

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #564 of 1,234
Been considering buying Tony's Acs's from him but numerous factor's have cropped up making that impossible (for me).  Got me thinking though.  How good is the isolation (which is the real reason I'm interested in c/iems in the first place) of silicone?  I tend to do my listening at work which is a very noisy area.  Also how good are the encore's for rock and metal specifically?

Thanks

Isolation is top notch. I had them in whilst mowing the lawn and I couldn't hear the lawnmower when music was playing. A couple of weeks ago I was wearing them in the house and my cats, unbeknownst to me, had brought in a bird which they were torturing in the next room (it shat all over the living room). It must have been making an awful racket, but I didn't notice a thing. So yeah...great isolation.

They're great with rock music. Don't listen to much metal.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #565 of 1,234
 my cats, unbeknownst to me, had brought in a bird which they were torturing in the next room (it shat all over the living room). It must have been making an awful racket,
They're great with rock music. Don't listen to much metal.

images

Is the first thing I thought of there, best laugh I've had today thanks!

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #566 of 1,234
Has anyone tried these with music for soprano/opera? I found them to be poor, with excessive warmth, making everything muddy.

I also find that sometimes the lows are very overpronounced and make everything muddy.

I'm not on 50 hours yet, if that makes a difference.

I'll do some more analytical listening to this end soon as I can.

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #567 of 1,234
You may have fit issue, these buggers are really sensitive to slight shifts (still working through this myself).

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #569 of 1,234
You may have fit issue, these buggers are really sensitive to slight shifts (still working through this myself).

Yep. Play around with the fit. Twist them towards the earlobe. They are sensitive to slight shifts but once you've got it you'll not think they sound muddy.

By twist towards earlobe, do you mean anticlockwise, taking the cable plug as 1200?

I'm trying and will try some more, but my fit seems good and I thought it was the tuning. I can twist them to make the fit bad and extremely muddy.

The source is good (ZX2 with no EQ, 24/96) and this holds up to comparison with universals and over ears.

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #570 of 1,234
On a different note, how often do you guys use the Revivo and for how long? I think I'm going to end up spending a lot on the silica gel capsules if I carry on using them at the end of any day I've used them. Used two already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back